fbpx

Getting Insurance for Windstones

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Getting Insurance for Windstones

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    keschete
    Participant

The Castle [Dave wrote:

“]My question would not be is an insurance company easy to get insurance from, but how are they on claims?

Has anyone here ever filed a claim with an insurance company for damage or loss to a collectible? (Not necessarily a Windstone Editions sculpture.)

How did it go?

Has anyone who sent a collectible that was damaged in shipping, where the carrier’s insurance agent refused to pay on the claim, managed to file a successful claim with their own insurance company?

Or do you have any indication of whether or not they would be likely to pay on such a claim if you were to present it?

We haven’t had to file a claim, but because they insure collectible cars for stated value policies, we checked about other car owners experiences and the references for car claims was good. So I decided to use American Collector’s because of the car experience.

I figured if they pay $50,000 car claims, they will pay for some glass collectibles…

I agree with your assessment of checking the ability and ease of which claims are handled. It is hard to do unless you know someone with this specific type claim.

Here is a review for their car insurance.

http://www.classiccarinsurances.com/reviews/specialty-insurance/american-collectors-insurance-review.html

No, I don’t get a kick back…hehehe…they are just soooo easy to deal with….

Thank you so much for posting this thread! I hadn’t even thought of separate insurance… Not a bad idea at all, considering the financial investment… 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.