fbpx

Getting Insurance for Windstones

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Getting Insurance for Windstones

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    purpledragonclaw
    Participant

Hello fellow forum members!

I have been telling my mother she needs to get her Windstones insured since she has eight and seven of them are retired. She agreed, then asked me to show her how. I don’t know how to. A case of the pot calling the kettle black, as I have over twenty myself, and only three of mine are still in production… ๐Ÿ˜ณ So both of us need to purchase insurance.

Embarassment aside, I am looking for advice on getting insurance. How to get it, good companies, etc. Any feedback anyone has is welcome! Thank you!!

purpledragonclaw
      Participant

Pegasi1978
        Participant

Several members have their collections insured. Some with a seperate company that specifically insures collectibles. I do know of one person who has their policy with their home owners/renters insurance company. So that might be a way to start.

Jasmine
          Participant

We have the house and car insurance through our bank. We get a discount if we insure both with them.

lamortefille
            Participant

This site was recommended by a Forum member, but I forget who it was, sorry. I still haven’t insured my stuff, either.

http://www.collectinsure.com/index.html

It says you’ll soon be able to apply and pay online…that’s for me, as I hate talking on the phone. ๐Ÿ˜†

keschete
              Participant

I use American Collectors. We have 4 Collectible cars with them.

When I tried to get insurance through the web site, I was declined, but when I called and talked to someone, they approved my collection. I think there is a glitch in the web site quote system.

They are fantastic, easy to deal with and the cover accidental breakage, so if you drop an expensive piece, they only have a $100 deductible.

I have 20k worth of insurance, it is $75 per year per 10K worth of insurance. You can insure ALL of your collectibles under one policy, so if you have model cars, barbie dolls, horse collectibles and windstone, they can all be on one policy.

Her is the web site. I am extremely pleased and they have fantastic customer service. I would love to get home owners and daily driver car ins with them.
                http://www.americancollectors.com/Collectible/17/

purpledragonclaw
                Participant

Thanks everyone for the responses!!

Laurie
                  Participant

purpledragonclaw wrote:

Thanks everyone for the responses!!

ditto!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Sorry to bump such an old thread but my husband and I are trying to find an collectibles insurance company right now and we are looking at this place;
                    http://www.collectinsure.com/aboutUs.html
                    They are branched off from Lloyds of London. Accidental breakage and earthquake coverage are particularly important to us.

Does anyone here use this company that might be able to vouch for them or could you guys tell me what you use and if you’ve ever had to file a claim/how it worked out.

Thanks a bunch!

purpledragonclaw
                    Participant

Above you, Lamortefille recommended that company. Maybe she knows.

I got my whole collection insured with American Collectors and I have been very happy with them. I have about 200 Windstones and they insured the lot of them. I can add more insurance if the collection grows any more,too (heaven forbid, but that’s what I said a hundred Windstones ago!) I was just glad to get them insured!! ๐Ÿ˜†

keschete
                      Participant

drgnlvr wrote:

I got my whole collection insured with American Collectors and I have been very happy with them. I have about 200 Windstones and they insured the lot of them. I can add more insurance if the collection grows any more,too (heaven forbid, but that’s what I said a hundred Windstones ago!) I was just glad to get them insured!! ๐Ÿ˜†

I just renewed my American Collectors policy and I agree, they are great, easy to deal with. I have 165 pieces but almost all are retired or limited/special pieces.

Jodi
                        Participant

What do the rates run there? What sort of information do they need?

keschete
                          Participant

emerald212 wrote:

What do the rates run there? What sort of information do they need?

$75 per $10,000.00 worth of coverage. You choose how much to insure in increments of $10,000.00. The online quote did not work for me.

I called and talked to an agent, sent her the Windstone web site info and described that they were collectible, breakable statues. I think I sent her the address to my photobucket account so she could see what the figures looked like.

It wasn’t much. If you call them, you can tell them to look at my collectible account, if you talk to someone who isn’t sure. We have 4 of our 6 vehicles with them. Love them!!!!! Easy to deal with!!!

Very good service!!!!

My question would not be is an insurance company easy to get insurance from, but how are they on claims?

Has anyone here ever filed a claim with an insurance company for damage or loss to a collectible? (Not necessarily a Windstone Editions sculpture.)

How did it go?

Has anyone who sent a collectible that was damaged in shipping, where the carrier’s insurance agent refused to pay on the claim, managed to file a successful claim with their own insurance company?

Or do you have any indication of whether or not they would be likely to pay on such a claim if you were to present it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.