fbpx

GB baby/young unis : Stripes vs Spots

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody GB baby/young unis : Stripes vs Spots

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Wampus Dragon
    Participant

Wanted Melody’s (and forum peoples) opinions. Stripes vs Spots? Could the next batches be split between the two? Most people see either very pro-spot or pro-stripe and not a lot in between when it specifically comes to the candy corns. Is is even possible to do two separate batches like that?

I’m gonna use even numbers because it’s easier to go by. But Mel, if you were to paint 100 spotty babies and 100 stripey babies, and the releases were kept apart by a few days, entirely separate, would that work in people getting something they want most?

And could people also order from BOTH batches if one were not biased to either pattern and actually WANTED both?

I’m very pro ‘two per person’ with these gb unis if the batch size allows it.

Bodine
      Participant

What about the natural colors and the more solid colorings?I love the wild ones so please don’t get me wrong but some folks don’t like the stripes or spots.Like Amber’s gb young,Dusk.It is awesome and has no spots or stripes but is still multi-colored.I would love to see more solid colors.I have 2gb youngs and both turned out to be Appys.I will never part with them because I adore them both but some people aren’t into the crazy patterns.I was wondering just how many different patterns she could come up with.Just my 2cents worth.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Wampus Dragon
        Participant

What about the natural colors and the more solid colorings?I love the wild ones so please don’t get me wrong but some folks don’t like the stripes or spots.Like Amber’s gb young,Dusk.It is awesome and has no spots or stripes but is still multi-colored.I would love to see more solid colors.I have 2gb youngs and both turned out to be Appys.I will never part with them because I adore them both but some people aren’t into the crazy patterns.I was wondering just how many different patterns she could come up with.Just my 2cents worth.

I’m referring to the way this past batch worked out though. I dont think there was a single one that didnt have some sort of stripes or spots somewhere on it.

Trava
          Participant

But some of them have both stripes and spots. I’ve seen Setsunawolf’s (I took the pictures for her in my office) and Pixie has spots inside her stripes and little golden freckle spots. The combination is incredibly neat. I wouldn’t ever want to say ‘no stripes on these’ or ‘no spots on these’ just because that would reduce variety…

Hannah
            Participant

What about ones like the ones I like – they’re nettuce patterned! Those are neither stripes, nor spots.

Some of the patterns that Melody does are both stripes AND spots, and some patterns are neither. I think a batch of stripes and a batch of spots would be boring – and I bet it would get REALLY tiring for Melody to HAVE to paint either stripes or spots on a hundred unis.

I liked the grab bags this batch – Melody did whatever she wanted on them, and we got them randomly. As far as I’ve seen, nearly everyone either loves their uni, is happy with selling it, or is trading for something they like. I like it this way!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
              Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

I love stripes AND spots. I think personally it’s way easier for everyone (especially Melody) to just stick with seperating them as “fantasy” vs “realistic”

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Melody
                Keymaster

Yeah I am thinking about how to make it so nobody gets one they really don’t want… but then, grab bag editions would turn into something like the Bengal Poad™ batches, where they were all very similar but the markings varied a little.
                  I am trying to make the individuals of the next young poad™ grab bag batch all equally outrageous.
                  But there are always the pink lovers and the pink haters…

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

No matter what you do Melody it’s always impossible to please everyone. If people don’t like the idea of maybe getting something they are not thrilled with then they shouldn’t buy “grab bags”

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Hannah
                    Participant

What Drag0n said! Melody, the one GOOD thing about pink (can you tell I dont usually love pink? It has to be super special for me to love pink.. XD) is that they are REALLY GOOD for trading!

Thank you SO MUCH for doing a grab bag poad batch again!! I’m so very excited for this 😀

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

KaytanaPhoenix
                      Participant

Yeah I am thinking about how to make it so nobody gets one they really don’t want… but then, grab bag editions would turn into something like the Bengal Poad™ batches, where they were all very similar but the markings varied a little.
                        I am trying to make the individuals of the next young poad™ grab bag batch all equally outrageous.
                        But there are always the pink lovers and the pink haters…

I think it would be too much work to have to try and please everyone out of the gate! The not knowing what you’re getting is the fun of the grab bag, and if you don’t get one right off that you’re thrilled with, that’s what the trading is for. In my personal opinion having one big batch with a lil of everything is the best way to overall make everyone happy. This batch had stripes, spots, patches, nettuce or a mix of several of the above.. My boy has stripes and spots and he’s very cute with them! Melody also mixed bright vibrant colors with the darker “vomit” colors… I think the best way to break them up is “Fancy Fantasy” (This batch) .. the “Normal Fantasy” and “Normal Horsey” … and one I’ve mentioned in several places that I’d love to see is “Normal animal” (Regular colors of different animals on the unis)

All my personal opinion, not trying to step on toes!

fatalbeauty
                        Participant

I’m for splitting them into types, I wanted nothing more than stripes…I received two spots, sadness….

4 things I'm looking for:
                          1. Mother Meerkat
                          2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                          3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                          4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Kathleen
                          Participant

I think no matter what was painted both batches would sell out fast and then bidding would start on the ones people got extra from each batch. It seems that these sell second hand for ALOT more than store price so if people could buy from both batches then sell that would happen. Face it only trades happen or crazy bidding so who didnt get one usually doesnt stand a chance.
                            Its funny how people complain about their grab bag Windstone when alot of others couldnt even get one.

Ann

I like the unknown of the grab bags and would hate to see the batches divided more than what they already are. Like Melody said, it kind of defeats the purpose.

Danzig Moon (Karen)
                              Participant

I like the unknown of the grab bags and would hate to see the batches divided more than what they already are. Like Melody said, it kind of defeats the purpose.

I second that!!! If you don’t like what you get then sell it. I was VERY lucky and got the one I REALLY wanted.
                                But the unknown of the GB IS the whole point. You don’t know what you will get! I LOVE that part!!! :love:

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

WolfenMachine
                                Participant

I love stripes AND spots. I think personally it’s way easier for everyone (especially Melody) to just stick with seperating them as “fantasy” vs “realistic”

I second this. And I too like spots and/or stripes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.