fbpx

GAH! I CAN'T HOLD IN THE ANGER ANYMORE!!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community GAH! I CAN'T HOLD IN THE ANGER ANYMORE!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

LOL! Thanks purpledragonclaw! I try to stay optimistic, though I really am a die hard pessimist 😆 You can’t help but only laugh about it sometimes. Life is just funny and you have to laugh to keep from snapping and blowing away all your coworkers. 😆 Working in a warehouse with so many tools and hardware that could double as a crazy persons at home arsenal is too tempting sometimes. 😉 I’m kidding I’m kidding!

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Stephanie
      Participant

frozendragon wrote:

ok drag0n…

I’m looking over to the side and see… gave up now I’m a kitchen designer in taunton…

what’s up with that… tell me tell me…

I’ve been looking for jobs… I have an associate’s degree and professional certificat in interior design and need to get away from armadillo texas and get a life…

so is that what you’re really doing…

I could have put this over in the ask everyone topic… but I’m sure I would have forgotten by the time I got over there to post…

Yes, you need to get out of Amarill-hole… I know another person that got her degree in interor design and she can’t find a freakin job here for Pooooooo.

frozendragon
        Participant

Serenity wrote:

Yes, you need to get out of Amarill-hole… I know another person that got her degree in interor design and she can’t find a freakin job here for Pooooooo.

exactly… POO…

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

Well we should team up then! You do the interior color and design and I’ll do the cabinets and appliances. We can open our own business! 😆 Woooo! Then we’ll all be ROLLING in Windstones!

Got a busted Windstone?
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Tattoo Mother Kirin

frozendragon
            Participant

well I finally read it… and I guess I know why I couldn’t ever get a job at Home Depot… cause again I’m overqualified and have too much education…

apparently I would cost them more money than anything because I had to take the NKBA kitchen and bath classes…

so I would know more of the requirements for designing a proper kitchen or bath… apparently not a good idea to them…

blah…

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

I had to take the NKBA classes too. They only follow about 20 of the 40 though. I think they updated it now thugh so there are even less now though.

LOL! Honestly I’ve seen Burger King workers who are over qualified for this place. Home Depot USED to hire people with experience pertaining to the departments they worked in. That way if do it yourselfer customers had questions they could gibve advice. Try going to any Home Depot now and finding someone who actually knows what their talking about! It’s actually pretty sad! LOL! They don’t want to pay employees the wage they deserve for experience anymore. It’s just another way to cut corners. I see many businesses doing that these days.

Got a busted Windstone?
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Tattoo Mother Kirin

frozendragon
                Participant

Well I applied once… and they said they’d pay me $8.50 an hour and that I just had to do the drug test and they’d tell me when to start… and so when I called the next day when they told me to… no one was there… so I left a message and called back later… and called again…

then called the next day… and then the day after that I got a job somewhere else… so I quit calling…

that was a couple years ago… so I tried again recently now that there’s all new people… but now I can’t even get an interiew… so oh well…

and I’ve tried all kinds of other places…. still nothing..

like Serenity said… this place is a hole…

I won’t specify what kind though… 😈

Stephanie
                  Participant

frozendragon wrote:

Well I applied once… and they said they’d pay me $8.50 an hour and that I just had to do the drug test and they’d tell me when to start… and so when I called the next day when they told me to… no one was there… so I left a message and called back later… and called again…

then called the next day… and then the day after that I got a job somewhere else… so I quit calling…

that was a couple years ago… so I tried again recently now that there’s all new people… but now I can’t even get an interiew… so oh well…

and I’ve tried all kinds of other places…. still nothing..

like Serenity said… this place is a hole…

I won’t specify what kind though… 😈

OH I WILL THOUGH…. Shit Hole… 😈

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

LOL! hahahaha!!!

Well, I can explain them not calling you back. The newest “great idea” they have had to cut down costs is to lay off our Human Resouce managers so now there’s nobody realy to do the hiring. Our scheduler has been stuck doing it for our store, but I don’t know about others. With the huge turnover we have it’s provong to be something they need to figure out quick since the stores are becoming basically empty of staff now with people quitting but no new people being hired. *shrug* I’m still looking to leave myself, but I can’t quit till I get another job with at least the same, or preferable better pay.

$8.50 though? What a rip off! I got hired at $12.49. (I guess they couldn’t spring for that extra penny)LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin

frozendragon
                      Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

LOL! hahahaha!!!

Well, I can explain them not calling you back. The newest “great idea” they have had to cut down costs is to lay off our Human Resouce managers so now there’s nobody realy to do the hiring. Our scheduler has been stuck doing it for our store, but I don’t know about others. With the huge turnover we have it’s provong to be something they need to figure out quick since the stores are becoming basically empty of staff now with people quitting but no new people being hired. *shrug* I’m still looking to leave myself, but I can’t quit till I get another job with at least the same, or preferable better pay.

$8.50 though? What a rip off! I got hired at $12.49. (I guess they couldn’t spring for that extra penny)LOL!

oh… $8.50 is a lot for amarillo… I need to explain this one a bit though…

as of jan 2008… the education level in Amarillo is 16%.. meaning that only 16% of Amarillo has education above 12th grade… medium income is $22,000/yr and some change… national poverty level is about $24,000/yr but in amarillo poverty level is $10,000/yr with a large percentage making under that in a year..

so if you find a job in amarillo that pays $10/hr or more.. you are really doing well..

kind of why I’d like to move quickly… and in Dallas/Fort Worth I’m sure Home Depot would probably pay at least the $12.49 if not more…

and what’s sad is the cost of living is actually better in Fort Worth than Amarillo….

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

Wow really? LOL! Technically I’m making peanuts right now! I have to have two jobs because my wage is so pathetic. For the cost of living here it is anyway. 😆 My boyfriend works at Home Depot too and is at a little over $10 an hour and he could honestly make more at a fast food joint or Dunkin for starting pay.

Got a busted Windstone?
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin

frozendragon
                          Participant

pfft… here fast food starts you out… at the most… $6/hr

you’re lucky if you find one that does $6.50/hr

and they won’t hire me cause they don’t wanna start me out that high… 😕

You should move to Grande Prairie, then (except for the cost of living thing…) Home Depot is paying my friend $13.50/hr and Homeland Timbermart across the street is hiring for $14.50/hr. CDN of course, but still, nice wages if you can find a cheap place to stay.

frozendragon
                            Participant

hmm I’d prolly like Canada better…

since there are trees and green things…

drag0nfeathers
                              Participant

I like trees and green things also 😯

Got a busted Windstone?
                                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                Calypso Hatching Empress
                                Tattoo Mother Kirin

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 129 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.