fbpx

GAH! I CAN'T HOLD IN THE ANGER ANYMORE!!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community GAH! I CAN'T HOLD IN THE ANGER ANYMORE!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    frozendragon
    Participant

Romeodanny wrote:

drag0nfeathers wrote:

You’re silly laphon!!! You were no trouble at all!

As a matter of fact, I am also going to be putting some PYOs on ebay soon too so you may just have your chance to win one. 😉 They don’t seem to sell very well on ebay these days so I haven’t really been wasting the time, but now they’re getting out of control and I really need to dump some of the ones I’m not too attached to before they start to take over my house! 😆

Oh, I can’t wait…. But, sadly it’s true that PYOs aren’t selling well on ebay right now.

there are just way too many of them now… and there are so many that are scary looking… and then there are a lot that are just way too similar… not too long ago there were 3 that looked like some I’d sold on there a few months ago…

a whole lot has to do with economy… and then there’s a lot that has to do with quality, imagination, name recognition and people burning out on the same PYO’s…

maybe it’s a good thing PYO’s aren’t going to be available for a while… it might just give a little buying boost when they are available again… and then when new ones come out… that will create a new interest in them…

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

I sure hope so. I used to love watching all the PYOs on ebay. I keep hoping Koshii will list some more, but I think she’s in the same boat as many of us. It’s just not worth the time & effort when you work really hard on one for it to sell for 15 bucks more then you paid for it. Especially if it was a particularly time consuming one.

Maybe when the economy gets better things will change. I remember being able to support myself solely on selling PYOs on ebay! 😆 Those were the good old days!

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

lamortefille
        Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

You’re silly laphon!!! You were no trouble at all!

As a matter of fact, I am also going to be putting some PYOs on ebay soon too so you may just have your chance to win one. 😉 They don’t seem to sell very well on ebay these days so I haven’t really been wasting the time, but now they’re getting out of control and I really need to dump some of the ones I’m not too attached to before they start to take over my house! 😆

*waits* Are they up yet? 😆 😉

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

LOL! I’ll probably put them up on Thursday. I had plans to do it today, but I ended up at the beach and watching 10,000 BC instead. 😆

Got a busted Windstone?
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Tattoo Mother Kirin

drag0nfeathers wrote:

LOL! I’ll probably put them up on Thursday. I had plans to do it today, but I ended up at the beach and watching 10,000 BC instead. 😆

Sounds like a pretty nice day! 😀

lamortefille
            Participant

Yeah, better than messing with eBay, for sure. 😀

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

It was a nice change of scenery. That’s for sure.

Got a busted Windstone?
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Tattoo Mother Kirin

KoishiiKitty
                Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

I sure hope so. I used to love watching all the PYOs on ebay. I keep hoping Koshii will list some more, but I think she’s in the same boat as many of us. It’s just not worth the time & effort when you work really hard on one for it to sell for 15 bucks more then you paid for it. Especially if it was a particularly time consuming one.

Maybe when the economy gets better things will change. I remember being able to support myself solely on selling PYOs on ebay! 😆 Those were the good old days!

Something about ebay just does not jibe with me. Eventualy i may start listing on there again..but other wise i sell the pyo;s i paint here on the forum and so far every one has been super nice and generouse! there has always been a buyer and that really makes me happy, i like knowing who i am sending my pyo’s too really.

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

I have to admit I do get all excited whenever I see one of my PYOs popping up in other forum members collection pics!

Got a busted Windstone?
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin

frozendragon
                    Participant

ok drag0n…

I’m looking over to the side and see… gave up now I’m a kitchen designer in taunton…

what’s up with that… tell me tell me…

I’ve been looking for jobs… I have an associate’s degree and professional certificat in interior design and need to get away from armadillo texas and get a life…

so is that what you’re really doing…

I could have put this over in the ask everyone topic… but I’m sure I would have forgotten by the time I got over there to post…

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

LOL! Wow, someone finally noticed that huh? Ick! Yes, I’m a Kitchen Designer, but it sounds much more glorified then it really is. I still work for Home Depot, I just have a desk now… I had some freebie training worth around $10,000 which was really beneficial, but at the same token it’s not what I wanted to do with my life… I’m glad I have it under my belt and it’s something I can eventually make into a solid career, but I feel like a wedding planner most of the time…except the wedding is a kitchen I guess. It’s stressful… I just seem to keep accumulating these, “well, it will look good on a resume” kind of jobs I end up hating them all in the long run. I basically sit with couples who give me some wall measurements and then talk with them for 1 or 2 hours about what they want for door colors and styles. Whether they’re going to modern or victorian or whatever and do it up. It’s actually not as hard as it seems once you get the basic guidelines down and what to watch out for. I’m on my 4th or 5th kitchen now…I started another one today too. Pretty soon I’ll get a portfolio together when they’re built. The programs are pretty easy once you get the hang of it, but I had a lot of auto CAD training when I was in school so I took to it pretty quick. The company is what makes me hate it so much and it only pays like 12 bucks an hour.

I hate corporate conglomerate type places and that’s where every company I work for seems to head. Nobody cares about employees or even customers anymore, just how hard they can screw everyone else to make their profits higher and higher without ever giving anything back. No health insurance or dental that is actually half way affordable, no vacations since they lay off so many people that there isn’t enough coverage for you to use them so you loose them, no raises because there are too many stores too close to each other you can’t ever make your sales plan so it’s impossible to make your goals, not even a damn employee discount! Did you know exactly one year ago today our last CEO was asked to leave the company with a hand shake and $210 million dollars severance package for basically sucking at his job! My store manager gets a monthly bonus of $5,000 for every month we don’t have a work related injury! AND an additional bonus if we meet sales plan per month. He just came back from the Bahamas because our Garden department made record sales for the month of April & May. THEY didn’t get a damn thing for their hard work. He got a 2 week all paid vacation. Then they tell me they can’t give me, or any one else for that matter, a raise because our store bleeds money. NO KIDDING!? GAH! ….well, hence my dissatisfaction with my employer at this point. It’s hard to bend over backwards for people you have to strain yourself to try and show respect too. I want to make one of those Wal-Mart documentaries for the Home Depot so people can hear these mindless district managers drone on about making just below enough for profit sharing so the company doesn’t have to expend money to their employees needlessly and then hand out paperwork attached to our paychecks about qualifying for special aid and free child care. The whole thing makes me sick.

I was so adamant that I would someday get out and work for Windstone. I guess I go through the same thing every few years where you start wondering what went wrong and how “I’m HOW OLD? and I’m STILL not any closer to be the aspiring artist I wanted to be?” *sigh* For a while sometimes, I get really motivated, but then I snap back into reality and realize how small I am in such a big world.

(I get so depressing when I get serious don’t I?)

I KNOW!!!

GEORGE CARLIN ONE LINER INTERMISSION!

NEEDED SOMETHING FUNNY AT ABOUT POINT IN THE SPEECH!

Does killing time damage eternity?

Why is it that night falls but day breaks?

Why is the third hand on the watch called a second hand?

Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?

Can you buy an entire chess set in a pawn-shop?

Daylight savings time. Why are they saving it and where do they keep it?

Do pilots take crash-courses?

Do stars clean themselves with meteor showers?

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for ID that he just whipped out a quarter?

Have you ever seen a toad on a toadstool?

How can there be self-help “groups”?

How do you get off a non-stop flight?

How do you write zero in Roman numerals?

How many weeks are there in a light year?

If Barbie’s so popular, why do you have to buy all her friends?

If blind people wear dark glasses, why don’t deaf people wear earmuffs?

If space is a vacuum, who changes the bags?

If tin whistles are made out of tin, what do they make fog horns out of?

If you shouldn’t drink and drive, why do bars have parking lots?

If you jog backwards, will you gain weight?

Why do the signs that say “Slow Children” have a picture of a running child?

Why do they call it “chili” if it’s hot?

Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, “Where’s the self-help section?” She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

Could it be that all those trick-or-treaters wearing sheets aren’t going as ghosts but as mattresses?

If a mute swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap?

If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him…is he still wrong?

If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do “practice?”

Where do forest rangers go to “get away from it all?”

Why do they lock gas station bathrooms? Are they afraid someone will clean them?

If the police arrest a mime, do they tell him he has the right to remain silent?

Why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machines?

How do blind people know when they are done wiping?

How do they get the deer to cross at that yellow road sign?

Is it true that cannibals don’t eat clowns because they taste funny?

One nice thing about egotists: they don’t talk about other people.

Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

Why is it called tourist season if we can’t shoot at them?

If the “black box” flight recorder is never damaged during a plane crash, why isn’t the whole damn airplane made out of that stuff?

If you spin an oriental man in a circle three times, does he become disoriented?

Okay, back to what I was droning about before

Anyway, since I was around 7 or 8 and saw my very first Windstone at the Raynham Flea Market at a booth called the Dragon’s Lair. (they still have a website actually) I was hooked for life! The shopkeeper always used to pat me on the head and tell me I was too young for such an expensive figurine and I’d probably accidentally break it. (It’s funny because now I’m all grown up and I see him at anime & furry conventions with a furry/plushie/tshirt booth he shares with his partner and he still remembers me as one of his best customers for Windstones!) I finally got one on Christmas when I was about 10. My brother Tony bought me my Emerald Male dragon I still have to this day and is still in flawless shape! I would gaze at it ALL the time and wish that someday I could paint them! My mother was a ceramic teacher so I was always painting ceramics and things of that nature so I was always interested in that sort of thing. I still have a book report from middle school I got a D on because my teacher had no clue what the hell I was writing about. All the other kids wanted to be firemen and veterinarians and zoo keepers and marine biologists. LOL! and I wanted to paint Melody’s Amazing Windstone Dragons.

Back when there seemed to be a few opportunities arising at the factory many other forum members seemed to be doing getting jobs so why couldn’t I, I thought? It was what I always wanted to do since I was a kid! Who really has dreams like that when they’re that young, you know? I badgered John and Melody for a while about it and was going to have a phone interview. I remember I must have written down 30 pages of all the reasons I ever wanted to work for Windstone and what things I could offer them that would be unique to me and that nobody else could do. I thought I would sound like a crazy fangirl and I honestly thought I’d scare them a little! LOL! I kept second guessing myself and thinking I shouldn’t even think too much about it since they seem so down to earth, but also as maniacal as me too! HAHA! Well… I guess it just wasn’t meant to be to make it short and sweet. I never really got the chance because I just live so far away. At least I like to think it was that. I tried saving up the money to move across the country so I could try again. I even put in for a transfer to the Oregon Home Depot just in the case I saved enough to go, but in doing so I really only succeeded in screwing up my mortgage. Not only that, but a combination of a hundred other variables that kind of went wrong with my sister and the dealings with the situation that weren’t as well planned as I though they were. 😆 Even my own family kind of screwed me out of thousands. Like mother like daughter I guess. I just thought my sister and I were closer then that… I really don’t mind though… I hate this house anyway! I can’t wait to leave, I just don’t know where to go.

It’s really the best situation for me though. I mean, now I don’t have any more obligations to this damn house, but I sunk all my savings into it in the mean time which sucks. It could be worse though, I could be stuck here, but if I had it do do over again I would have taken it all and just got a cheap apartment in California or something and used the money to move myself instead.

A much more long winded answer then you anticipated huh frozen? I don’t know why I just kind of poured a bunch of stuff out tonight. I think it’s just a combination of being really tired and not having anyone to really talk to anymore since the falling out with my sister.

So…

I took the design job knowing I’ll be stuck in this wretched state for the rest of my life and I better make the best of it. Now I’m apartment hunting so maybe I can save up enough to maybe just visit. 😆 I’d be happy with just that 😀

Got a busted Windstone?
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin

Katherine
                        Participant

“How do blind people know when they are done wiping!” Argh! I don’t want to know!! 😮

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

hahahahahahaha!!! I laughed out loud when I read that one too! I think I woke up my dog! 😆

Got a busted Windstone?
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin

frozendragon
                            Participant

OMG… so many words…

I’ll have to come read that tomorrow when I’m awake…

purpledragonclaw
                              Participant

Drag0n, we could start a separate thread to complain about jobs if you want! 😆 I know most of us have been there! I’m sorry you’re not happy with your situation right now, especially with your family. Family should be who you can count on the most, you know? I hope things brighten up for you soon!

By the way, even during that rant I could detect your sense of humor and optimism! I think you’re a great and positive person! 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 129 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.