fbpx

Funny

Home Forums Miscellany Community Funny

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    frozendragon
    Participant

I have a friend that reads a Botanical blog… learning about plants and how to care for them, and someone asked about doing something with their plants that was really way beyond common sense..

anyway they had a horrible attitude when one of the people that regurlarly posts answered their question and used a couple “big words” they kind of were grumpy and told him to “speak engligh” and this guy had a degree in Botany..

well the “owner” of the blog didn’t like how they acted which his answer in itself is funny but kind of long… http://plantsarethestrangestpeople.blogspot.com/2008/07/on-entitlement.html

but in one of the resposes they posted a link to …

which to me is the most entertaining…

I myself don’t read the blog but my friend does.. and he sometimes comes here to look around and read random stuff.. and he said the picture really does pertain to this forum as well… hehe..

and sometimes it really really does…

frozendragon
      Participant

But.

If instead of asking questions we all just Googled for an answer, there would not be much in the way of conversation. There would be no opportunity for those who are good at Googling to jump in with a knowledgeable answer, thereby acquiring something in the way of social standing.

If instead of some of us asking dumb questions that might get new answers from someone else who has actual experience, we solely rely on Googling to find existing answers, we, as a lay society, would stagnate.

To take the tea-leaf example:

Asking if tea leaves are good for plants is a dumb question because you can Google it and get an answer in seconds. But by actually going ahead and asking the question, and getting an erudite answer from a botanist, instead of a “from experience” answer from a regular hands-on know-nothing gardener, then having the gall to complain about the answer, the questioner triggered a secondary conversation about the conversation itself, which in turn engendered conversations about other related subjects, and, almost surreptitiously, got a number of people interested in the subject of communication theory.

So. From small seeds of ignorance and stupidity, great vines of … and so on.

frozendragon
        Participant

right… but I love the chalk board… and I just think it’s funny…

it will never stop questions (whether anyone thinks they are stupid or not)…

and I personally don’t use google because it annoys me… I think using real books are so much better for finding out things you need to know…

Adaneth
          Participant

I love the blog owner’s answer! πŸ˜€ Great way to vent in an intelligent and thoughtful manner.

Jodi
            Participant

Dave, I love the way you put things. πŸ˜€

I agree, btw. I’d rather ask stuff here then Google it (at least first) because I usually get an answer here right away (of some kind). Googling takes me forever, and I never seem to find an answer. Like with my beta tank. It started to foam. All I found out from Googling was that male betas make bubble nests, but this was being caused by my filter. Asking here made me realize that the tank was probably dirty, so I changed the water. It worked (go figure). There was nothing on any beta website about dirty tanks making foam.

However, complaining about an answer is just rude. She’s probably not going to get many responses to here questions again.

frozendragon
              Participant

yeah that’s the funniest part about it… I doubt they would have minded at all about answering any questions..

like here….

but the fact of being snotty about the answer is what made him have a little rant…

and it’s what I found funny too… because I know I’ve answered several questions here… and people were offended or thought I was being mean…

it’s like if you don’t want the answer… why did you ask..

LOL

lamortefille
                Participant

I know I’ve asked people questions here that are easily Googled. If I’m asking a question about say, “horses”, Google has the answers, but not the enthusiasm of the horse owners. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† I use questions like that as a conversation starter myself.

That picture could pertain to alot of things, this forum or no. And sometimes google is annoying to look through.

Speaking of Google….

http://agodamongmeremortals.spaces.live.com/blog/

The Nathonian institute of Anti-Google. He used to have a counter or something, but I can’t find it today.

Basically this is the guy who was valedictorian in my graduating year. Sometimes entertaining, sometimes not.

frozendragon
                  Participant

Google is annoying… and MSN is too..

I hardly ever try to search for anything on the computer anymore… because I never find what I’m looking for… and the things I do find…. I really never wanted to know about in the first place 😯

dragonmedley
                    Participant

Hahaha! Love that blackboard…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Maria
                      Participant

Tanks for linking to that blog, Dragon87. I got some good laughs out of it.
                        I admit, I look up most of my information on the internet. With a few topics I have folks I can ask, but often I’ll read or see something and suddenly wonder about it or something related to it, and since I work at a computer, I’ll take a second to open Google and find an answer. It’s easy and practical, though I agree with Dave – conversation is still best.

frozendragon
                        Participant

gotta check this out…

there are more pages at the bottom…

http://totallylookslike.com/

Jennifer
                          Keymaster

frozendragon wrote:

gotta check this out…

there are more pages at the bottom…

http://totallylookslike.com/

Oh that was rich. Thanks XD

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                            My art: featherdust.com

frozendragon
                            Participant
                            Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.