fbpx

Found Store with Retired Pieces

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Found Store with Retired Pieces

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

Congrats to everybody who nabbed a long-wanted ppiece! Sorry your experience isn’t so good, bayoudragon – I hope you find an Oriental soon.

chrisherself
      Participant

Sorry they’re giving you the runaround, BD!! I had an eye on that one myself, but spent all my money on a Sun Dragon so I had to let him be. I hope you get him!

I wonder if he is the Dark Peacock version or the Light? What’s “Rainbow version” mean?

Pegasi1978
        Participant

chrisherself wrote:

Sorry they’re giving you the runaround, BD!! I had an eye on that one myself, but spent all my money on a Sun Dragon so I had to let him be. I hope you get him!

I wonder if he is the Dark Peacock version or the Light? What’s “Rainbow version” mean?
          I think Rainbow version is another name for the Light Peacock because sometimes the light peacock version has a lot of color variation to it than the dark peacock version.

bayoudragon
          Participant

I am going to call Friday and find out what’s going on. But with the way my luck has been going lately, I don’t have a good feeling about this. 😥 I’m one of those people who thinks that everything happens for a reason… however, the universe is messin’ with my Windstone collecting, and I am not happy about it. 🙄 😈

purpledragonclaw
            Participant

I hope this resolves itself to your satisfaction, bayou. This is no way to run a business.

chrisherself
              Participant

One more day! Let us know how it goes. At this point they should definitely do the shipping for free or throw in something else for your trouble. I hope the manager is infinitely more helpful than the help, heh. Good luck.

bayoudragon
                Participant

Well, I called, and there will be no dragon for me. 😥

First, they said they never received a check. Second, when I inquired about the dragon, they said the one I wanted (supposedly put on hold for me) was no longer there. hmmm…. This retired piece that had been sitting there for who knows how long is (now suddenly) no longer there. The part that ticks me off the most is now I have to cough up money to get this check cancelled by my bank. I don’t like spending money and getting nothing in return. 😡

*sigh* I’m just going to let this roll right off, like water off a duck’s back. I’m just gonna suck it up and let it go, because if I dwell on this and contemplate on why this happened, it’s just going to make me angry… and that’s not the type of person I want to be.

I’m still pissed about having to cancel the check though.

purpledragonclaw
                  Participant

I’m sorry, bayoudragon. Hopefully there will be another Peacock Oriental with your name on it, with a better buying experience attached to it!

Nicole
                    Participant

That’s a big bummer but maybe that wasn’t the one that was mean to be. There will be another one for you!

Where is the web address that you guys are talking about? I want to see too. 😥

bayoudragon
                      Participant

Angel, this was an actual store, not a website. If it would have been a website, I would have used paypal to pay for it, and I would not have had this problem with my check. I still have to get the darn thing cancelled (on Monday).

I bet any money, the statue probably would have broke during shipment. I have a feeling that’s why I wasn’t supposed to get this one. At least, that’s what I keep telling myself. 😆

Jasmine
                        Participant

Sorry Bayou, that sucks.

Participant

bayoudragon wrote:

Angel, this was an actual store, not a website. If it would have been a website, I would have used paypal to pay for it, and I would not have had this problem with my check. I still have to get the darn thing cancelled (on Monday).

I bet any money, the statue probably would have broke during shipment. I have a feeling that’s why I wasn’t supposed to get this one. At least, that’s what I keep telling myself. 😆

I’m sorry you had such a bad experience at the store. It sounds like the typical experience of several shops, where it’s fine if you walk in to buy, but buying over the phone/online never works out.

If it’s any consolation, I once had a great buy on about 3 pieces from a tattoo shop (online). I placed the order (and paid) and after a week I didn’t hear anything. I emailed about 3 times and finally got a reply that my money had been refunded – with no explanation, nor apology, etc. Someone else who had called in got the pieces! Apparently they didn’t mind listing the pieces online, but couldn’t be bothered with it when they got an order.

Just as well, I got better deals on other pieces later. I am sorry about the cancellation fees. That sucks. 🙁

Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

chrisherself wrote:

I think Rainbow version is another name for the Light Peacock because sometimes the light peacock version has a lot of color variation to it than the dark peacock version.

I want to apologize for the confusion. I called it the rainbow version, but it’s not really the term collectors use. Usually it’s the “light” peacock version (as Pegasi pointed out – thanks!). Here are some visuals:

Light/rainbow version of the Peacock Oriental courtsey of Astralcastle.com:
                              http://astralcastle.com/windstone/wsframe.htm

Dark version of the Peacock Oriental:

Hope this helps.

bayoudragon
                              Participant

*drools at the pretty pictures* I would be happy with either one. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.