fbpx

for the dragon lovers if there are any

Home Forums Miscellany Community for the dragon lovers if there are any

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

I had lasik done on my eyes and I see perfectly now. Small detail work is harder now though. But it’s worth it.

Maria
      Participant

My aunts had it done and both see perfectly now. I’ve heard practically only positive things about lasering, so I’m not skeptical about doing it. I just don’t want to spend the money on it now, that’s all. Contacts are cheaper. πŸ˜‰

mimitrek wrote:

Quite a few people that I know have had good luck with lasering. My younger brother got it done a few years ago and he hasn’t had any problems.

That has to suck GB. I hope you get the laser done and that it helps. I have heard horror stories that the laser made their eyes worse. Just be sure to check out the doctor before getting it done and go to more than one.

Jodi
        Participant

Yeah. It is pretty spendy, but it’s been four years and I haven’t had to invest in glasses or contacts or solutions — or deal with any of that stuff — since then. It’s so worth the money too.

And the best part… I can wear regular, cute, supercool sunglasses! Yay!

Maria
          Participant

πŸ˜† I can wear sunglasses with contacts, too. But I’d have to go to the States for lasik. It’s offered here, of course – for four times the price. For now I stick with contacts.

That’s kind of funny that there’s actually a medical procedure that’s cheaper in the US — I’ve been seeing a lot of articles lately about how people in the US have been getting medical procedures done overseas because its a fraction of the cost.

Maria
            Participant

Are you kidding? Getting it done cheaper in Hungary or some place like that that hasn’t learned the meaning of hygiene yet. Everything is cheaper in the States than it is here. Having the highest standard of living in the world costs something, you know. πŸ˜€ In the States you earn comparatively little and pay little. Here you earn a lot and pay a lot.

Reportedly people have had good results getting medical procedures done in Thailand and such…though personally I wouldn’t feel safe doing that.

Its funny to think of the US as having a low cost of living. From what you mentioned, Switzerland sounds like its more expensive than Japan…

Well Europe is more expensive. I wouldn’t want to go to another place and have a procedure done either. First off it would be hard to communicate if you didn’t know the language and if they screwed up or something else goes wrong…how would you get your money back?

Never mind the money…if something goes wrong its not like they can undo it…

Yep, so you pay twice as much for the procedure. And if they screw up it could cost your life.

Jodi
              Participant

Or your eyesight.

Maria
                Participant

mimitrek wrote:

Reportedly people have had good results getting medical procedures done in Thailand and such…though personally I wouldn’t feel safe doing that.

Its funny to think of the US as having a low cost of living. From what you mentioned, Switzerland sounds like its more expensive than Japan…

I doubt people would keep going to Thailand if the docs there screwed very much. Either way, Swiss, German and American products and services get first dibs with me, and on lasik going to the States is worth it – including the airfare its still cheaper than doing it here.
                  I don’t know if Switzerland is more expensive than Japan. I know Zurich is one of the top five most expensive cities in the world, but I think it only places after Tokio. No $4 for an apple here. Only 50 cents. πŸ™‚

Yeah, those fruit prices in Japan are crazy! The first time I saw those prices in a supermarket there I couldn’t believe it. $6 for an apple pear! Granted, it was the biggest, best wrapped apple pear I’d ever seen, but still… Not to mention the $20 that the hotel charged for a slice of cantaloupe… πŸ˜†

Maria
                  Participant

😯 Oh man. I haven’t been to Japan – I’m only quoting hearsay. And I think I’m never going.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.