fbpx

Finished painting (New paintings at the end, April 3)

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Finished painting (New paintings at the end, April 3)

Viewing 4 posts - 106 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    Rachel
    Participant

What’s so special about those artists that they win so often? I think yours are spectacular, certainly better than what they’re given credit for during the contests themselves.

littleironhorse
      Participant

Didn’t make it past the first round?!? O.O

What was the competition like??

A lot of the guys that enter these are professional duck stamp artists. Meaning that they literally just enter duck stamps all year, and live off of the earnings and print sales! Richard Clifton is a guy that wins nearly every one I enter. When I figure out his prize winnings alone (even considering taxes he pays on them) I reckon he’s made 3-4 times my total income last year, so that’s a pretty big incentive for some of these guys! I say ‘guys’ because I only know of two or three other women that consistently enter these.

Are these contests “blind-judged” or are the artists identified?

Jennifer
        Keymaster

LIH: They are all blind judged! No identifying marks or names may be given when judging. That said, some of the big name duck stamp artists have distinct styles and I can tell who painted what in some cases. I don’t know if the judges can or not.

What’s so special about those artists that they win so often? I think yours are spectacular, certainly better than what they’re given credit for during the contests themselves.

If I knew I’d probably be able to win one of these. 🙂 Though honestly the winning paintings are usually much better than mine. More skillfully painted.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Bodine
          Participant

Sorry Ms.Jennifer.One of these days you will walk away with the grand prize.You’ll see. :bigsmile:

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 4 posts - 106 through 109 (of 109 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.