fbpx

Finished painting (New paintings at the end, April 3)

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Finished painting (New paintings at the end, April 3)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    Rachel
    Participant

Oh, I also note that many of the winners (all three in the latest one) have waterfowl out of water. A trend, maybe? Or just coincidence?

Anonymous

Jen, AMAZING is all I can say —

And those Hautmans – James, Joseph and Robert all three win in many of the competitions. I guess I would study what they keep doing to keep winning. Or figure out the relationships of some of the judges involved.

Yeah, conspiracy is at the top of my thoughts.

Your work is amazing. And it is expensive to enter such events that maybe next time do a fund raiser or raffle of a painting to raise the funds to enter – don’t stop.

Now who’s going to investigate the conspiracy LOL – really man, those Hautmans have won like 10 different years, between them!! EH? (this being a quick observation just scanning thru the prior years stamps)

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Here are a few more! Neither did very well, but hey that’s the name of the game.
          I didn’t expect the teal to do well because I painted them in my ‘fantasy’ style instead of my realistic wildlife style… just for fun.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

machineguts
          Participant

I love your paintings so much Jennifer. I’m going to purchase a few of your originals at some point!

bayoudragon
            Participant

Oh my gosh!! I absolutely love the turkeys! 🙂

Are you still using acrylics? (the grass is amazing)…

Jennifer
              Keymaster

bayoudragon wrote:

Yes, all acrylics because of my birds.
                I have learned a way to use oils without odor, however I cannot afford the investment right now. Someday!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

bayoudragon
                Participant

Jennifer wrote:

bayoudragon wrote:

Yes, all acrylics because of my birds.
                  I have learned a way to use oils without odor, however I cannot afford the investment right now. Someday!
                  I’m in the same boat. I haven’t touched my oils in YEARS! Two bedroom condo… NO ventilation. 🙁
                  If I may ask… how would you get around the fumes/odor??

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

If you scroll down to my comment on this page, this wonderful and skilled gentleman describes how. 🙂 I’ve looked into it further and it seems as if it can be done.
                    http://oilpntr58.deviantart.com/?offset=30#comments

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

Oh! When reading the comments you will have to click “next page” to see the rest of his replies!

bayoudragon
                      Participant

Thanks, Jen!! This may be something I look into when I start back up again. 🙂

megamibabe16
                        Participant

Gorgeous Jennifer! The turkeys are beautiful!

dragonmedley
                          Participant

Very nice, and the detail… 😮

However, I still like your griffins & dragons better. 😈

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

PurpleTurtle
                            Participant

Beautiful! The teals are gorgeous, but the turkeys are absolutely breathtaking. You really captured the iridescent sheen of their feathers.

Jennifer
                              Keymaster

Here’s the newest one I can share– it placed 4th in NC’s competition and I am so honored!
                                The colors are a little goofy here, the photo I got was quick and not in good light because I had to get it shipped ASAP when I finished it.
                                “Cypress Gadwalls” 15″ x 20″ acrylic.

machineguts
                                Participant

*Jawdrop* Oh Jennifer, it is completely phenomenal! I remember reading on Facebook about how you placed, that is absolutely incredible. Huge congrats again, positively breathtaking work!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 109 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.