fbpx

Faded Red Fire Scratcher

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Faded Red Fire Scratcher

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    frozendragon
    Participant

One of my friends decided we needed to go out of town this weekend.. so we went to The Grand Canyon, and we stayed in Flagstaff AZ..

While we were in Flagstaff we found 2 stores that sold Windstones.. and it was pretty cool to see a place that had them.. I found a scratcher and at first thought it was a regular gold one.. but looking at it realized it was more coppery colored with hints of red and had orange eyes.. I thought it was really cool.. an escaped boo boo or something.. so I picked him up and was looking at him..

and wow.. when I turned him over found that he was actually a faded red fire.. I didn’t think they could fade that badly.. I will post pictures tomorrow.. and I will prolly send the pics to Melody’s email (or whoever needs to see them)

I was talking to the lady at the store about them.. and she had others in the window so she was going to take them out.. there was a hatching red fire that had faded out worse than this one.. I’m not sure what she did with that, but my friend decided we should buy this one..

sorry that took so long but my dad decided to have an alarm put on the house while I was gone.. and they of course messed up my internet connection and had to come back and fix it.. apparently he won a little money on his last gambling trip.. and decided to spend it..

frozendragon
      Participant

Leigha
        Participant

sounds interesting, I’d like to see a picture (just out of curiosity)

WOW he looks pretty cool actually.

<–clicky me

dragonmedley
          Participant

Same here.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

The suspense is killing us Frozen!!! ๐Ÿ™„ I’d really like to see it too. And now I am keeping my Rubies out of the sun for sure! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Nicole
            Participant

How strange. I can’t wait to see pictures

Pegasi1978
              Participant

Aw the poor red fire scratcher. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

KoishiiKitty
                Participant

how intersting! i definately would like to see photos.

purpledragonclaw
                  Participant

Add me to the list of people who want to see photos! I don’t keep my Windstones in direct light; I think Melody said earlier that some colors, like Ruby, fade in sunlight.

PurpleTurtle
                    Participant

I would like to see the pics as well. I wonder why reds seem to be so prone to fading :scratch: ?
                      I actually kinda like the color he faded to – a nice rich golden color. Still – kinda weird.

Setsunawolf
                      Participant

Huh wonder if the red paint is unstable, like the old ruby? ๐Ÿ˜•

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                        Sun Dragon Koi #3

lamortefille
                        Participant

That’s scary! I’m glad none of mine get any sunlight.

Lokie
                          Participant

setsunawolf wrote:

That’s what I’m wondering. I’ll avoid all out panic until I know if that’s the case. ๐Ÿ™

Setsunawolf
                            Participant

Lokie wrote:

setsunawolf wrote:

That’s what I’m wondering. I’ll avoid all out panic until I know if that’s the case. ๐Ÿ™

Just keep them out of direct light. I have an old ruby OW and he’s never faded, but I’m careful not the expose him.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                              Sun Dragon Koi #3

Lokie
                              Participant

setsunawolf wrote:

Lokie wrote:

setsunawolf wrote:

Just keep them out of direct light. I have an old ruby OW and he’s never faded, but I’m careful not the expose him.

Very true, and I do keep mine out of direct sunlight. So nothing major. But I tend to think of Windstones as something lasting that can be given as high quality gifts or passed down. With the potential for them to fade, just means I’ll need to have a forever post-it note on the bottom or something so whoever gets it is informed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.