fbpx

(experiment trade) raffle time Winner is…….

Home Forums Administration Trade & Swap (experiment trade) raffle time Winner is…….

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 548 total)
  • Author
    jackid55
    Participant

Spectral made it safely to Copper. Haven’t heard anything on my quilt though… :scratch:

Yes, I got my Spectral Dragon today and he’s beautiful! Now we just need to get some trades going for my jewelry. 🙂

Hi again Laurie,

sorry, but since there didn’t seem to be any interest in the puppets, I posted them on eBay.

I’ll see what else I’ve got, but so far only more gems, PYO’s and jewelry.

Thank you :).

Laurie
      Participant

bump. 😉

Just thought I’d re-post the pictures of my jewelry that’s up for trade.

copper83 wrote:

20″ turquoise beaded necklace and 20′ to 24″ adjustable 10 strand Liquid Silver necklace with Inlay pendant.

Close up of Inlay pendant. Inlay includes turquoise, lapis, onyx, malachite, and spiny oyster.

20″ Silver/Black Hills Gold with Lapis necklace.

18″ Lapis necklace.

Silve and Lapis earrings. Earrings are about 7/8″ long.

Melissa
        Participant

Dang, those are quality pieces. :yes: Don’t have an adequate trade, but my compliments.

Laurie
          Participant

Maplecarver wrote:

Dang, those are quality pieces. :yes: Don’t have an adequate trade, but my compliments.

You could make something. I’ve seen your work. 😉

Melissa
            Participant

Ack! Excellent point. XD

In that case, I could offer a commission in sheet metal, probably copper. Since that doesn’t say much about scale, the tradee could pick one of the below options.

A. A fairly fancy critter in copper around the size of a house cat

B. Two critters in copper a little smaller than a house cat that are simple, with few technical challenges.

C. A metal animal mask in aluminum, and/or copper with brass highlights if requested, (I make one heck of a bobcat mask) and a reasonably straightforward copper animal that’s roughly 7″ h by 7″ long (it could be longer one way, and shorter the other, so a leopard stalking long and low could be 4″ by10″) I could also offer a simpler mask, and a fancier critter.

D. Three or four smaller 7″ by 7″ copper animals, or roses. Number would depend on the complexity.

I can do anything from pets with specific markings, to fantasy animals. Angles and flat planes turn out better than curves and sinuous shapes, so a walking wolf or a sitting griffin would turn out better than a coiled snake or a squishy panda.

Here are some photos.

Please note, these are just examples of my work to demonstrate what the commission types are like. These are not the trade offer. Only the wolf is still available.

Here’s an aluminum mask. This wolf is one of my plainer ones, but is also light and fits well.

Here’s a greyhound gargoyle. Scale isn’t shown, but something a little smaller but fancier would probably qualify under A.

Here’s three roses. If there was a fourth, it would be a good representative of D.

And here’s a copper cat. The nose on this one bugs me. But it’s still a good example of one half of B.

So, I could offer one of the four commission types, A. B. C. or D. depending on the next tradee’s choice. Any questions, just ask. 🙂

Laurie
              Participant

Beautiful!!! 8) See, I do pay attention. 😛 Ok, looks like we have a trade. You get to pick whatever you like from Maplecarvers suggestions. Cause…..thats my trade partner this week!!!! (congrats on that very nice jewerly!! 😉 ) What will you trade me for one of those pieces? (yes, I’m early tonight, but I’m beat and a busy week coming up for me.)

Melissa
                Participant

Yay! Tis lovely stuff indeed. 😀

Regarding the available commission, if anyone has a question about what can be done, please don’t hesitate to drop me a note. 🙂

Copper83: The lapis and Black Hills gold piece is lovely! Lapis pairs well with the tri-color gold.

Maplecarver: Your metal work is stunning. My favorite is the mask. You do great work.

OH GOD

I want a rose…I want a rose I want a rose Iwantarose!

I still don’t have anything good for trade! D: I hates my bro right now….

Do you take commissions for money? or would you trade one for a commissioned PYO?

The Mask is awesome too O.O I wonder how a dragon head would turn out…

Leigha wrote:

Do you take commissions for money?

I would be interested as well. I love your work.

Melissa
                  Participant

Aw, thanks guys. And welcome to the forum MonaLS. 🙂

Aside from (and probably after) this trade, I’m open to taking separate commissions, either for money or barter. So if someone can’t make this trade, they can give me a holler.

I made a dragon mask, actually still have it, but while it’s visually striking, it’s not very three-dimensional, has poor peripheral vision and squishes the wearers nose. So, it would probably come under the heading of C. simpler mask and fancier critter, or I’d need to design a totally new one. My computer attempted to impersonate a wood router so I’m typing on another, but I’ll see what I can do about pictures if anyone’s curious.

CONGRATULATIONS ALSO !!

abatos wrote:

Congratulations Copper! The jewelry is beautiful but I think I’ll wait and see if anymore Windstone equines show up for trade :).

Which ones are you looking for, aside from that horse one.

abatos wrote:

Hi Laurie, I hope you don’t mind me posting this, but I thought I’d ask and see if there would be any interest in these for a future trade. Aside from many gems which I have to go through and custom PYO’s.

Hay, do you happen to have a link to any of your work? PYO’s that is. Some of those gems were nice and sparklie too.

maplecarver wrote:

Aside from (and probably after) this trade, I’m open to taking separate commissions, either for money or barter. So if someone can’t make this trade, they can give me a holler.

I made a dragon mask, actually still have it, but while it’s visually striking, it’s not very three-dimensional, has poor peripheral vision and squishes the wearers nose. So, it would probably come under the heading of C. simpler mask and fancier critter, or I’d need to design a totally new one. My computer attempted to impersonate a wood router so I’m typing on another, but I’ll see what I can do about pictures if anyone’s curious.

Your work is HOT!

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Whoa! I haven’t really been paying attention to this thread, but I’ll find you a trade for him, and pay shipping on both items! Off the top of my head I’ll offer you this peacock family <re:Red Fire Spectral> Can you tell I really really want that Spectral?

Um .. yes! You a Red Fire fan?

I’m thinking on my feet here. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 548 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.