fbpx

(experiment trade) raffle time Winner is…….

Home Forums Administration Trade & Swap (experiment trade) raffle time Winner is…….

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 548 total)
  • Author

omg… I’m drooling. 😮 Love the pretties!!

thanks ^^;
    I wonder if I could get Jennifer to wrap some of them 😈
    anyways! /offtopicness

www.nakaseart.com

Melissa
    Participant

Dang, those are very very pretty shinies, Nakase. 🙂 (we need a cheering emoticon here…)

Well, the economy’s slow, shipping’s epic, and while my trade set has received some very kind remarks, it hasn’t received any offers yet. So since the end result’s going to charity, I’m sweetening the deal.

Here’s another shot of the Labradorite cut wand/rod thingy, better showing the banding. I lightened this photo slightly, but I did so because I stink at photography and I lightened all of it. Next to the Labradorite, are three new additions I’m adding to the lot.

Right next to the Labradorite, is a fossilized sea lion tooth. (98% sure that’s what it is anyway. Anyway, I’m 99.5% sure it’s a fossilized pointy aquatic mammal tooth.) Believe it was found in California. Some of the tooth enamel’s worn off, don’t know how much of it happened during the animals lifetime, or not. I think it was treated with a resin for the sake of sturdiness, but that’s just my guess judging from the texture. These aren’t common. At all. On Google and Ebay, these exist, but aren’t plentiful. For someone who likes marine mammals, would like a specimen while wanting to do right by protected species and Fish and Game, this fossil would be an excellent option.

Lastly, the two little lumps next to the ruler are stony Meteorites. These are NWA (North West Africa) meteorites, stone, not iron (so they’re fairly stable). But as a heads up, due to the (relative) commonness of NWA meteorites they’re only worth several dollars. But, they’re genuine, have some itty bitty thumbprints, stick to (strong) magnets (sadly, they’re nowhere near being able to hold notes on a fridge), and have a major coolness factor.

So… if anyone knows a young sciency-type they’d like to spoil rotten for several Birthdays and Christmases, (or older types, or themselves) they’ll be set for several years.

Here’s the pic. 🙂

(by the way, some twit hacked imageshack, not my account, just imageshack so my first photo was replaced with a manifesto. Nothing obscene, but certainly annoying. If this happens again, please give me a yell.)

Laurie
      Participant

Ok, I need some trades. What do you have? 😕 😉

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

When you get something I need I’ll be right there with something to trade! You betcha!

Right now it’s an Emerald Male right? or is it stones? Maplecarver got the Emerald Male and now we have stones I think right?

I used to be a HUGE rock hound! I finally stopped a long time ago and I can’t start again 🙄

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Bob

Dragon Master wrote:

bodine6127 wrote:

Impatiently waiting on some more trades! 😉 I am soooo wanting a white lap.If the trade goes up to one,I will see what I have.My brand new gold male is still hanging around.Mint with his own tag and box too. :yes: Please? squeek* squeek* Laps are the most!Maybe trade two males for a white lap? 😉

I still need my Gold Male 👿

Not anymore my golds are now complete!! YEAH!!

Bob

jackid55 wrote:

How much do you want for the box?

Sorry I do not check this theead that often if you want a male box I only need the shipping cost to you

Bob

I still ONLY have that beat foot candle that is a dup, but the only stones I collect are the ones in my head!!

Melissa
                Participant

*low ominous voice* Drag0nfeathers! Come to the dark side of rock collecting! We have cookies!

Metaphorical cookies anyway. 😆

Yup, I recieved the Emerald Male today, and a big bunch of stones, fossils, and several non-Windstone little gargoyles all together are the current set available for trade. (most are listed on the previous page, I added several new ones above, on this page.)

Edit: Gah! My photos disappeared from page 10! 🙄 Officially dismayed with Imageshack now. Will fix soon.

I’m interested in trading somthing for a windstone dragon o_o or unicorn…anyone??

www.nakaseart.com

Nicole
                  Participant

Ya I’d also be interested in tradeing for windstone’s 🙂 , the rocks are very pretty but just not for me.

Melissa
                    Participant

Ah, fixed the photos. Darn, that was pesky.

Nakase, it may be worth a shot to make a trade thread offering cabochons. 😉

If anyone has any questions about the rock set, history, value of pieces, etc, feel free to drop me a note.

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

Maplecarver wrote:

*low ominous voice* Drag0nfeathers! Come to the dark side of rock collecting! We have cookies!

Metaphorical cookies anyway. 😆

😆 😆 😆

Got a busted Windstone?
                        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin
                        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Laurie
                        Participant

I have MIB white male and mother unicorn I’ll trade. I could even throw in a young, but I broke his horn at the weak spot dusting him 😕 8)

Melissa
                          Participant

Laurie wrote:

I have MIB white male and mother unicorn I’ll trade. I could even throw in a young, but I broke his horn at the weak spot dusting him 😕 8)

Ooooh, those would be shiny!!! Lovely, lovely unicorn parents. 😀

Another thing is that I work metal so instead of the rock/fossil/gargoyle set, I could offer a modest art commission if the winner prefers it to the rocks, fossils and gargoyles.

Either a three-dimensional animal of choice cut, stamped and folded out of sheet copper, 6″ by 6″ complex animal, or 6×10 simpler animal (dimensions are approximate height and length and a rough average) Angular animals, such as tigers or Irish Setters agree with the medium more than round or sinuous animals such as pandas, pugs or dolphins.

Or I could do a 15″ by 15″ (give or take) flat piece custom designed and plasma cut out of 18 ga Corten steel. Hand controlled, not machine cut, so the lines and curves are a little rough.

I can do anything from pets with specific markings, to fish, to roses and can dig out pictures if anyone wishes. So, there’s an option available for non-rock hounds.

Oooh, but unicorns sound lovely! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 548 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.