fbpx

eBay sellers- Watch out for this buyer

Home Forums Miscellany Community eBay sellers- Watch out for this buyer

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Jasmine
    Participant

Hay you tried selling on Etsy.com MG? It’s a great site for homemade things, but you set a price for your items, it’s not an auction…but it seems more and more people are migrating there because ebay has become so horrible. Anyhoo, have a look, I love that site.

Rachel
      Participant

Jasmine wrote:

Hay you tried selling on Etsy.com MG? It’s a great site for homemade things, but you set a price for your items, it’s not an auction…but it seems more and more people are migrating there because ebay has become so horrible. Anyhoo, have a look, I love that site.

Ohh. Etsy.com is SO COOL! I like to look there, though I’ve never bought anything. Someday…

Jennifer
        Keymaster

I personally won’t sell on eBay anymore because of their nonsense.
          I tried etsy but never sold anything, and got tired of paying the fees. But I have made many very nice purchases though etsy!

Now I just sell though my site.

Sorry you had a bad buyer experience!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Pegasi1978
          Participant

LadyFirebird wrote:

That’s too bad!!! Why is eBay not allowing sellers to leave negative feedback on buyers?! It works both ways–now I’m beginning to understand why a lot of people just don’t want to sell on eBay!

From ebay’s site:

Quote:

Sellers can leave only positive ratings for buyers. That means buyers should feel free to leave honest Feedback without fear of retaliation. We also have safeguards in place to protect sellers against unfair negative or neutral Feedback.

It’s stupid that sellers can’t at least leave neutral feedback. The policy was changed over a year ago.

machineguts
            Participant

I did make an account there, but I haven’t actually sold anything on Etsy yet. Like Jennifer said, I’ve made some great purchases on Etsy. 🙂

Jasmine wrote:

LadyFirebird
              Participant

I’ve seen someone else talk about Etsy–haven’t checked it out yet. Unfortunately eBay has gotten big and so they don’t care anymore. Unless you are a ‘Super Seller’ or whatever, you’re nothing–they’re doing you a favor. And I’ve heard enough horror stories about Craigslist that I don’t want to bother with that one either. 🙁 :negative:

machineguts
                Participant

Thank you so much for your support, everyone. This situation really hurt me, because I do everything I can to make sure my buyers are happy with their purchases from me. And to have him blame me for his own mistake so bluntly, to make me look like it was my fault even after he admitted to doing it in messages, it was most definitely my worst experience on eBay to date. He was absolutely condescending, demanding me to feel like I should be “grateful” that HE bought something from me.

What made the situation even worse for me, my fiancé Scott gave me no support in the situation whatsoever. I explained it all to him, and he just shrugged and said “just let it go.” I wish I could let something like that go as easily as him. 🙁

machineguts
                  Participant

Yes, and that seems to make buyers like him feel like they are entitled to belittle their sellers, since they are “off the hook” so to speak from getting negative or neutral feedback. So rediculous.

pegasi1978 wrote:

From ebay’s site:

Quote:

Sellers can leave only positive ratings for buyers. That means buyers should feel free to leave honest Feedback without fear of retaliation. We also have safeguards in place to protect sellers against unfair negative or neutral Feedback.

It’s stupid that sellers can’t at least leave neutral feedback. The policy was changed over a year ago.

stories like this keep me from actually getting my stuff together enough to sell on ebay… so sorry you had to deal with it. sounds like such a nightmare!

Have you tried taking this seller up with Paypal? I have had really good luck with Paypal backing me up as a buyer and it seems they would be interested in a bad seller because they have their reputation to protect and if they support buyers, they should be able to weed out the bad sellers as well. If Paypal is involved at all, that might be an option.

lamortefille
                    Participant

I’ve made several nice purchases from Etsy, too. 😀

frozendragon
                      Participant

machineguts wrote:

Yes, and that seems to make buyers like him feel like they are entitled to belittle their sellers, since they are “off the hook” so to speak from getting negative or neutral feedback. So rediculous.

pegasi1978 wrote:

From ebay’s site:

Quote:

well.. good thing about it now.. is if they leave unfair negative feedback.. you can actually have ebay remove the negative

and I totally agree with you about this.. I had the same kind of unfortunate incident.. although mine was spread all through the forum.. and I’m being called the bad member..

at least ebay is a big enough place that that one person there won’t make a difference.. but here the one person I had to deal with makes a huge difference.. 🙄

machineguts
                        Participant

In this case it was actually the buyer I had trouble with. But yes, if for some reason it does escalade further, I will definitely take it up with PayPal so they are aware of the situation!

drgnlvr wrote:

Have you tried taking this seller up with Paypal? I have had really good luck with Paypal backing me up as a buyer and it seems they would be interested in a bad seller because they have their reputation to protect and if they support buyers, they should be able to weed out the bad sellers as well. If Paypal is involved at all, that might be an option.

machineguts
                          Participant

I remember witnessing that incident. I wish the situation never occurred, for the sake of all involved members!

frozendragon wrote:

well.. good thing about it now.. is if they leave unfair negative feedback.. you can actually have ebay remove the negative

and I totally agree with you about this.. I had the same kind of unfortunate incident.. although mine was spread all through the forum.. and I’m being called the bad member..

at least ebay is a big enough place that that one person there won’t make a difference.. but here the one person I had to deal with makes a huge difference.. 🙄

Maria
                            Participant

Etsy is dangerous to the health of one’s credit card or bank account – it’s a wonderful site to browse. I bought quite a few lovely handmade items there too.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.