fbpx

Ebay Depression

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Ebay Depression

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Coincidence or the work of a lurk?

I think its the lurks. I think they just hang around looking for sweet deals or keeping a look out for items that others may want.

lamortefille
      Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Coincidence or the work of a lurk?

Lurk is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw them. I agree they are priced too high, but I guess if someone wants them bad enough…

Maria
        Participant

Well, it won’t be me.

I think its a lurk too…too coincidental otherwise. And these might have been put up for your benefit…he he he…

You know what’s funny, WSC said in the other thread that she went to a store at one point and saw that they had two of the clawfoot candleholders for sale. I wonder if these are being listed by that store?

Skigod377
          Participant

I was wondering that, too. I just really dont know. I watch Ebay like a hawk and cant recall having seen them. Ever. Now to have them pop up right after we talked about it? Odd.

* Twilight Zone theme starts playing *

Skigod377
            Participant

I put in a half hearted bid on both the kirin baby and the black uni and the seller just contacted me offering to end the auctions early for a good price. I wonder if that happens alot? I asked him what he wants for them. We shall see…

Participant

skigod377 wrote:

I put in a half hearted bid on both the kirin baby and the black uni and the seller just contacted me offering to end the auctions early for a good price. I wonder if that happens alot? I asked him what he wants for them. We shall see…

I curious what they want for the black unicorn. Not in the market, but curious, seeing that is was so dusty looking and all.

Skigod377
                Participant

Seroiusly! Poor girl. He wants $200 for the pair. Too rich for my blood, esp considering all the dust I would have to knock off her. Its not unreasonable, though. Just more than I want to spend.

Starbreeze
                  Participant

Quote:

skigod377

What is that? I was referring to “The Bell Jar” by Sylvia Path. It pops up every time I do a search. I’ve never heard of Bantom… Is it a book, too?

Is it Bantam? That’s a book publisher..

Maria
                    Participant

That seller listed the Rock Dragon again – still for $200, but this time with a weight of 34 lbs. He’d probably sell it if he’s lower the price and leave the weight at 70 instead… If you look at his other Windstone pieces, they’re all overpriced too. $109 for the Sea Jewel? When two others are selling her for $80 something?

Arlla
                      Participant

I’m glad I got those clawfoot candleholders from Dragon’s Laire – I was surprised to see them on ebay too, when I had never heard of them until now. 😯 I’m happy – I feel like I paid a fair price. Thanks again for the link, Mimi! Now I have to find some nice candles….

😕 I’ve been considering excluding the Bell Jar from my search criteria…it does come up a lot.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                        -J R R Tolkien

Maria
                        Participant

$80 for three of them is really a good price. Did you get a confirmation that you’re getting them? Because they said 1 set left and at least two people ordered…

Arlla – I’m glad you got them too! I also feel like the price was fair (I paid exactly the same price as you), especially after seeing the recent info. By the way, I got the candles that I put in those candle holders from Crate & Barrel — they had ones which were the exact shape/size/color that I wanted. Do you have a favorite place that you like to go for candles?

GB – I just saw a post on the Yahoo Windstone group from the guy that owns Dragon’s Lair, saying that he’s on vacation until 1/1/07 and will be processing the orders that he got while he was gone when he gets back. So he probably hasn’t had a chance to update his site yet. Arlla ordered before emerald — I hope he has a 2nd set for emerald too…

Jodi
                          Participant

He didn’t. I had to cancel the order.

I did contact Windstone and they have some individual ones, so I’m going to get them from there. I don’t know what sizes yet, or how many they have, but if anybody wants an individual one, they should sell for about $25-$30 each, and I’ll get them for you.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 181 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.