fbpx

Dragon of Winter Solstice

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Dragon of Winter Solstice

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Nina
    Participant

Love it! I love purple dragons. This would be really nice as a greeting/X-mas card.

lamortefille
      Participant

enchantments wrote:

Love it! I love purple dragons. This would be really nice as a greeting/X-mas card.

I was just going to say that! That would be cool if we could buy some around Christmastime…

I think I saw a greeting card in a catalog simular to this. At least it had a dragon and a deer and more animals. I can’t remember which catalog tho.

enchantments wrote:

Funny you should say that, because that’s exactly why I started painting it! πŸ˜€ Only I intended it to be available for last Christmas (2006)… oops. *grin*

lamortefille wrote:

enchantments wrote:

I was just going to say that! That would be cool if we could buy some around Christmastime…

I am planning on doing so, and at least now I have all the time in the world to get it done for 2007 Christmas! πŸ˜€

dragonessjade wrote:

I think I saw a greeting card in a catalog simular to this. At least it had a dragon and a deer and more animals. I can’t remember which catalog tho.

Yeah I wondered when I got started whether it had been done already. I’ve seen numerous takes on the theme, with either Santa, Father Christmas or snowmen with animals in the woods. I love the theme, and wanted to do the dragon thing with it. Figures it’s unoriginal! πŸ˜‰

Lokie
        Participant

Ah, it looks great so far. Hopefully we won’t have to wait 10 months to see the finished piece πŸ˜‰ It will make a great Christmas card for dragon lovers πŸ™‚

Thank you all for the compliments.

*grins* Well, I may normally hmm and haw and delay or abandon personal projects, but this one’s nearly done and I’m feeling pretty eager about getting it completed sooner rather than later. I don’t wanna be staring at it for the next 10 months either! 😯 πŸ˜†

NirvanaCat13
          Participant

Sorry to jump in late, but I really like the dark plum/wine color you used for the dragon, it seems to fit rather nicely into the Yule/Winter Solstice without making it “Christmasy” Good job, and keep up the good work! Can’t wait to see more!

If you ever do decide to offer this as a Christmas/greeting card, I would definitely buy some!

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

Sorry to jump in late, but I really like the dark plum/wine color you used for the dragon, it seems to fit rather nicely into the Yule/Winter Solstice without making it “Christmasy” Good job, and keep up the good work! Can’t wait to see more!

Thanks! πŸ˜€ I immediately had a violet/purple hue in mind when I planned it out. I’m a bit more of a pagan individual, so I wanted to do something along that vein. I love the oldest traditions!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.