fbpx

Dragon-First PYO

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Dragon-First PYO

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Well, here is my first pyo. Unfortunatly my pyo shipment came in before my paint shipment, so I’ve had a rather limited color palette. But, I didn’t wanna wait. ๐Ÿ˜›

When I sat down to start this one, I imagined a black dragon with a slight reddish metallic tint to his scales, like he’d be black in the shadows, but when light hit him the red tones would come out. My finished product came out more bronze, which I am not exceedingly pleased with. I only had one shade of red paint to work with, and to give it a metallic twinge I added metallic copper, which of course I’m sure is what made him end up looking more bronze than red. I also think that I perhaps did not make certain areas black enough, and all together put too many highlights in his paint job. His color came out a lot like the hippogriff that I painted and I didn’t want that. Hopefully next time my finished product will better match what’s in my imagination as I think I’ve learned quite a bit from painting this one. I don’t dislike how he came out, which is why I left him as is, he’s just..you know…not what I had in my head. ๐Ÿ™„

But anyway, let me know what you think, be it good or bad.

Nine pictures here:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/557749626TEAESt

Thanks for taking the time to look and give your opinion or criticism. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Maria
    Participant

I like! He looks very similar to the Hippgriff you repainted. You can tell there was a professional at work there.

Skigod377
      Participant

He is very well done! Dark and foreboding.

I like him- he looks like he is wooden- like mahogany (sp?)- are you selling him? He will do well on ebay I think.

yes I agree he looks like he is wood I would have gone with teak, but very rich, I like him alot, he is very different.

dragonmedley
        Participant

I really like the wood-looking effect, whether it was done on purpose or not. That’s a rare look so far!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

frozendragon
          Participant

very nice….I’m coming to your house to steal him….. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Jennifer
            Keymaster

He’s lovely- I commented in the gallery but he reminds me of a coffee bean- in a good way!
              Did you use an airbrush at all? The blending suggests it, so I’m curious! ๐Ÿ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Thanks everyone. Hmmm…you know I never thought that he resembled wood, but now that you guys mentioned it…yeah, I guess he does. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ Weird.

Yeah he’s slated to go on eBay tonight, did one of those prescheduled auction things for him.

Yes, I used airbrush on only his base coat. He was coated in a solid shade of a coppery red color with an airbrush. Then I did everything else with paintbrush and pastels.

I like him alot as well. It is dark and mysterious.

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Wow, he looks AWESOME! Very cool scheme for the red eyes!

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Great job!

Participant

mipa wrote:

I like him- he looks like he is wooden- like mahogany (sp?)- are you selling him? He will do well on ebay I think.

That’s what I was thinking. Deep rich dark colored wood.

I’m joining in with the dark wood resemblance, that’s fantastic! Super rich and well done!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.