fbpx

Dishonest People ~ It happened again! pg2

Home Forums Miscellany Community Dishonest People ~ It happened again! pg2

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

lamortefille wrote:

*sits next to Kalandara* They just got me, too, sista! 😑 Thankfully, my CC will take care of everything. Guess what the straw was that broke the camel’s back……the new trio of dragons! Thanks Windstone, for helping my CC catch this early enough to avoid total disaster. πŸ˜€ They did sneak a couple of charges in, but nothing like they could have!

Again I say, people suck. πŸ‘Ώ
      Im so happy they cought it quickly!

Rachel
      Participant

lamortefille wrote:

*sits next to Kalandara* They just got me, too, sista! 😑 Thankfully, my CC will take care of everything. Guess what the straw was that broke the camel’s back……the new trio of dragons! Thanks Windstone, for helping my CC catch this early enough to avoid total disaster. πŸ˜€ They did sneak a couple of charges in, but nothing like they could have!

How exactly did that work?

Thrippa
        Participant

I got a call from my gas card company a few years back, about a discrepancy in my account. Apparently, their computer had flagged two consecutive charges for precisely $200.00 each at a gas station in FL, and then when the credit card folk looked into it, I’d bought groceries a mere 2 hours earlier in NC! My card was still in my wallet. Their suspicion was that someone had probably entered numbers until they found one that worked, and then tried to see what they could get off of it, but I’m not certain why each totaled $200 unless they have a max amount at stations with no garage attached. At any rate, since it was the gas card, it had only been used in VA, where I got it, and in NC, to which I subsequently moved, and only at that one company’s gas stations – in fact, I don’t think I’d ever even used it INSIDE a station, only at the pumps. So they canceled the charges (and that card) and sent me a new card/number. And I took a good, hard look at the final statement of the old number before I paid it off, but other than the triggering anomalies, it was valid.

Wasn’t a great deal I could learn from that one, other than that the company did have flags set in the computers, and that their customer service was very good!

lamortefille
          Participant

ghostndragon wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

How exactly did that work?

I was being facetious, even though there is a grain of truth in it. πŸ˜‰ I had purchased a few things recently, so there was a mix of my purchases, plus the thief’s purchases. I wasn’t planning on charging anything else, but I’m sure they were:-/ The cc company would have flagged the account no matter what the “last” purchase was…it just happened to be me buying a Windstone. Just me being me, trying to make light of a crappy situation. πŸ˜€

lamortefille
            Participant

Kalandra wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

Im so happy they cought it quickly!

Thanks! Me, too!

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.