fbpx

Designer Glass Eyes *MUST SEE*

Home Forums Miscellany Non-Windstone Flea Market Designer Glass Eyes *MUST SEE*

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Evening everyone…

I am a mixed media pendant artist that has designed and created my own line of glass eye cabochons. I have had many people use them in sculptures besides jewelry. I offer 5 sizes and about 40 designs. You can check out all my glass eyes at http://www.nixcreations.etsy.com

How are the designs attached to the back of the eyes? Are they fired on or sealed with something like a clear epoxy?

Wow, those are scary (eerie), amazing and very lizardy (dragony) looking.

I could imagine those on the spectrals, since they look quite lizardy, that and I guess I’m used to seeing them with their unusual diachronic eyes already.

They’d probably look pretty neat on a Secret Keeper.

I bet it’s just a matter of seeing the sculptures with them, because they definitely look reptilian and almost eerie, tough, mean, etc.

I could see those eyes changing a cute looking fledgling into a very formidable, eerie looking one.

I bet some test paints on eBay with those eyes would sell super well, not that they already don’t. But they would be new and unique, not to mention, quite reptilian looking.

Melodys sculptures definitely hold their own with their current eyes. If you’ve never had the pleasure of owning one, the detail on them is so amazing. When viewed from different angels, their expression actually changes. Pensive one angle, angry another. Serene one angle, cocky another.

~Hoofer

The eyes are sealed on the backs. I have sold thousands of my eyes with very little issues. I take a lot of time and effort in offering the best eyes of this nature. When I started making my eyes, I was using them in combination with vintage watch parts to make pendants. I found that the market was slim to none when looking for unique eyes. I started making them for other artists. I have a very strong following and demand for my eyes. I would like to see anyone who can do fired eyes that look even close to them.

What are your eyes sealed with?

They look neat, but I am always very wary when I see people using photoshop on their product images. I want to see the actual completed eye I am purchasing, not an image on top of another image of eyes in someone’s hand.

Still, they look cool. I just don’t know that I would chance buying them without seeing actual images of the eyes I was interested in.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
    Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.