fbpx

Dang pedigree pulled out all the stops with this one

Home Forums Miscellany Community Dang pedigree pulled out all the stops with this one

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author

That commercial comes on and I just want to cry every damn time.

Skigod377
    Participant

Thats a sweet commercial. I didn’t know Pedegree donated. Thats very good of them.

Bob

that is good if it’s true and I’m not trying to be negative here. It’s like the football players in the United Way Commercials. It looks GREAT on the surface but I have heard more then once that those same football players have it writteen in their contracts that they have to do so many hours of volunteer work a year or they do not get their millions. I say how about they donate a years worth of salary to helping others and see how that makes them feel.

I’m an animal LOVER 4 cats so I really hope this is true

No they actually do at least in the states I have not found out if the donations carry over into canadian shelters, but if you are able too alot of people I have met online buy Pedigree and donate it to the shelters, that way they get more. I wont feed it, but it is still better than nothing.

Bob

Thank you!! I’m very glad to hear it does actually go to where it’s supposed to!!

That is a sad commercial. I am glad they do donate tho.

That’s sweet! Every time I go to a shelter I wish I could take them all back with me.

Bob

I feel the same way when I walk into Pet Smart to get cat food I HATE to leave the cats in the cages

Ugh…don’t even get me started on Pedigree. I dislike them. By-products galore. They are one of the McDonalds of the dog food world. A few years ago I read a book about what was actually in some pet foods. This author did some research and found out that many dog food companies were actually putting dead dogs and cats in their foods and I remember that Pedigree was one of them. These companies bought the carcasses from vets, shelters and such after they had been put down. Gave the shelters/vet clinics a bit of cash. No questions asked. Turns out they were processed in with the dog and cat food. This was a few years back, I have no idea if they are still doing this, but the book taught me how to read pet food labels! I wish I could remember the name of the book, I’m sure I still have it here somewhere though.

I now only feed Solid Gold brand. It’s all human grade. I cannot even tell you how awesome it is. My dogs hardly shed anymore except when blowing their winter coats, and even then it’s still not nearly as bad as before. And my dogs used to scratch and naw at their sides, with what the vet told me was allergies. Since they have been on this food that has dissapeared! I could not believe it! I also give them a SeaMeal supplement that solid gold offers, just as lil’ somethin’ extra. Beautiful coats, great energy, less stool, I just can’t say enough good things about it. :mrgreen: I choose to feed my dogs this but I don’t look down on people who choose to feed pedigree or other mcdonald’s type brands. I never recommend these brands but I never tell someone they are a bad owner for using them (in case anyone felt like that’s what I’m saying). Definantly not. The brand of dog food a person chooses to feed does not determine the quality of their pet ownership.

Yeah, I guess it’s good they try and give something back to animals. Every little bit helps, almost no matter where the funds are coming from. But those commercials don’t phase me at all in regards to feeling like Pedigree is a caring company. They’d have to make exceptionally drastic changes at this point to impress me the slightest. To me, they do it just for the marketing and the “awww, that’s sweet” factor. I’m synical though. 🙄

I never said pedigree was good, also said I dont feed it (I think), but it is better than nothing, which is why I suggested buying it to donate to shelters. While I also like the high quality food, Solid Gold donates next to nothing to shelters.

I used to feed solid gold as well, but I much prefer my new food, it consists of 70% meat and 30% fruit and veggies no grains whatsoever.

Skigod377
            Participant

I feed whatever will keep my dogs from farting.

nessiemom
              Participant

If anyone has any suggestions about dog food, I’d love to hear it… I have a dog that cannot (and I mean CANNOT) have…
                Chicken, Turkey, Pork, Venison, Barley, Potatoes, Corn and Wheat…
                Ok, I know that most holistic foods leave out the corn and wheat… whoopee… they usually substitute barley. Try finding something that has none of the above. That has meat as a primary ingredient. I’m to the point I’m at my wits end…

Rusti
                Participant

Well, if your pooch can’t have potatoes, good luck. Most Rx veterinary diets for food allergies all include potatoes.

I could have sworn there was a Duck and Peas version, but that may just be for cats. (confirmed after a quick search, green pea and duck is just for kitties).

You may have to resort to the weekly allergen shots. Do you have a vet school close to you? They may stock some rare, unknown brand of food I’m not aware of that they can hook you up with.

And while you’re all nattering on about how bad grains are, remember that when dogs used to kill their prey, they ate the stomach contents too, which consisted of *gasp!* grains and plant material.

The great pet food debate will probably always endure, and while I don’t feed pedigree, I think it’s great that they donate, since I’m betting tons of people do buy it.

Skigod377
                  Participant

Heck yeah! Its cheap!! (I use Purina One)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.