fbpx

Curious :)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Curious :)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Elena
    Participant

Oh that color is sooo gorgeous!!!! Crossing fingers toes and any thing else that can be crossed πŸ˜€

Maria
      Participant

Phoenix wrote:

Here, we name Macs “Targets”. πŸ˜† 50 calibers do wonders for Macs. Makes them work better πŸ˜†

Phoenix, I like you. πŸ˜†

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Phoenix wrote:

Here, we name Macs “Targets”. πŸ˜† 50 calibers do wonders for Macs. Makes them work better πŸ˜†

SACRILEGE

The reason you cant update the hardware in a mac is because there is no need.

Maria
        Participant

I just know that most people I babysit for have Macs, and even though I can deal with the mixed-up keyboards, I don’t like the layout of any of the programs, and I have a real aversion those stupid Mac mice.
          (I know, in the end it all comes down to what you grew up with. I prefer the PC.)

meh will never own a mac..for one thing..i cant play EQ2 on it >.>

I’ve never owned a Mac personally. The machine I am currently on is a 1998 mongrel of a machine with a compaq mother board (Original) a 80 gig toshiba HD, one stick of 256 ram, and a very very old ethernet card. I just fix it as it breaks down. πŸ˜†
          Although, if it had a foot and I was a guy…It would kick me below the belt I think. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
          *runs off to look at the June raffle prize*

Pegasi1978
          Participant

I’m one who could go either way, Mac or PC. I have a PC at home, but when I was in my journalism classes and working for the newspaper we used Macs. Course the paper I worked for has since swapped over to PC (it was a corprate decision) and done after I left.

Stephanie
            Participant

My first computer was an A+ Mac given to me by my grandparents. I had Macs all through grade school, and when I graduated HS I bought an iBook. But I found that it was impossible for me to email assignments to my professors, and open assignments they had posted, because they all used PCs. So I bought a desktop PC, and ever since then I’ve had a desktop PC, and my trusty old iBook.
              I use the PC every day because my iBook is from 2001, but every time my PC breaks my trusty little iBook is ready and waiting. It’s only broken once, and that was because it had a faulty part installed by Apple. It was under warranty, and they overnighted me a box to mail it to them in. Two days later I had my iBook back. And not only did they replace the faulty part, they upgraded my CD drive to a CD/DVD drive, reinstalled and upgraded my OS, and even replaced the little rubber ‘feet’ on the bottom that had long since gone missing.
              Their customer service is worth the extra cost, in my opinion. Someday I’ll be able to afford a nice desktop Mac, and get away from the PCs all together.
              πŸ˜€ They both have their strengths, and I can and do use both, but I’m partial to Macs.

Hey Stephanie, did the monitor go black one night?? I am asking because my iBook is an 01 and that is what happened to it. It was 3 years old by then, mac took it, fixed it, updated from Jaguar to Panther all at no cost, tell me what PC company will fix a 3 year old laptop, hell tell me one that isnt ready for the garbage after 3 years πŸ˜† . In the 7 years we used it, it had to have ox re-installed once, because I filled the poor hard drive with crap, LMAO. No I am a true convert I LOVE my Macs.

FYI you can play any windows based computer game on a Mac now, you just need the right program. The new ones come with Bootcamp which does it.

Stephanie
              Participant

Yeah! I think it was the logic board that went out. But yes, the screen just went blank.

Stephanie
                Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Phoenix wrote:

HeeHee! Isn’t a 50 caliber a little over kill???

even though I have had a few computers I wanted to use one on!!! πŸ˜†

Andrea
                  Participant

πŸ˜†
                    More impressive hole πŸ˜‰ Kablooie!

Mike was interviewing a guy at a place he used to work. The new guy’s test was to figure out why the computer wasn’t working.
                    Mike had put two 30-06 rounds through a hard drive and put the drive back in the computer.
                    The guy was good enough that he could tell there was something with the hard drive, but failed the interview when he couldn’t come to a conclusion as to why the hard drive was dead πŸ˜†
                    Hard drives hold up nicely under fire!

Mike’s pride and joy is a quarter he shot at 100 yards with his 30-06. No scope 😯
                    Put a hole right through it. He’s my gunslinger πŸ˜€ πŸ˜‰

purpledragonclaw
                    Participant

I am a Mac person too, but I don’t mind using PCs. To each his or her own, in my opinion. And Phoenix, there have been some PCs I would love to see get shot with a 50 caliber! πŸ˜†

I like the Old Warrior, by the way. He wears the violet well.

Phoenix wrote:

Mike’s pride and joy is a quarter he shot at 100 yards with his 30-06. No scope 😯
                      Put a hole right through it. He’s my gunslinger πŸ˜€ πŸ˜‰

😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯

SilverDragon
                      Participant

Oh wow Melody! I love the lavander! He’s very cute in that color. Awww i hope I win him. *hugs*
                        When is the drawing? At the end of the month?

Author of β€œMoonlight Walkers” book and artist for the Trail of Painted Ponies Co.
                        Follow for updates: twitter.com/cmooreauthor

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.