fbpx

Creatures/Petz/Sims/Video Games

Home Forums Miscellany Community Creatures/Petz/Sims/Video Games

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

LadyFirebird wrote:

That Ecco the Dolphin looks interesting. I don’t play games that often [older computer] but I enjoy the ones with beautiful scenery.

You’d probably love the Ecco series then, though those games are mad hard!
    I can’t get over how much the video game console has advanced technologically since I was young. Online capabilities, wireless controllers, stellar graphics — I should start playing again. 🙂

@ Jennifer
    Fascinating! Thank you so much for sharing!!
    Both story and design-wise, each game within the Ecco series was an amalgam of various artistic influences.
    I always got the impression while viewing backgrounds and image sprites from both Ecco 1 and 2 that the artists that worked on these games were definitely inspired to some degree by the work of Swiss surrealist H.R. Giger, the designer behind the 1979 film Alien.

(Ecco 1)

(Ecco 2: The Tides of Time)

Lokie
    Participant

Ecco- Defender of Future scares the crap out of me. I hate underwater games or boards (40 Fathoms, creepy lake in Ghostlands *shivers*), and the second the game starts going deep and dark, you’re constantly looking for air, and/or you encounter sharks, I’m done with the game. I’ll fight zombies, aliens, other humans- just not the scary unknown of underwater.

Anyways, I’m not current on any games released this year, but last year I played a lot of great games: RE5, Dead Space, Uncharted 2 (this game is freaking awesome), and Demon Souls (addicting). I love the genre of survival horror and my favorite game is RE4-Wii Edition. It’s the only game that kept my Wii from being a giant paperweight when it first arrived. Thankfully my 3 yr old nephew loves Wii Fit now, otherwise that system would never get any use anymore.

Thrippa
      Participant

I use my Wii all the time. Currently, it’s wandering back and forth between WiiFit, Okami, and one or the other of the Super Mario Galaxies (when I get stuck on one, I switch to the other). Ecco was one of the few games I had on my Genesis, and I now have it on the Virtual Console (Nintendo’s term for the downloadable old games). Those were the days when I was very selective; I had Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, &3, an X-Men game, and Ecco. Then I went to vet school and realized at the end of the first year that the Genesis was still boxed up in the closet. Unfortunately, I then made the critical error of selling it off to a game shop, for something like $30 for the unit (still in excellent condition, with box and all documentation) and all the games (ditto). Very bad deal, as I came to realize later. A lot later I got a Gamecube, and currently have Gamecube (Sonic the Hedgehog, Pokemon, and Legend of Zelda), GBA (same categories), DS (same, also Professor Layton and Mario and Luigi), and Wii (same plus other stuff). I also have a PS3, but it’s mainly used as a Bluray player – I have little to no interest in the sports and FPS titles. And a PSP, purely because Sonic Rivals 1&2 are exclusive to that console, although it came with a rather nice Star Wars game.

As you might guess, I’m a big Sonic the Hedgehog fan, at least as far as the games go. I have every currently available Sonic the Hedgehog game, but am going to have to do without Sonic Free Riders, unless they release it for Wii or PS3. (I think the balance board and Wiimote/nunchuk should work just as well as the Kinect attachment for registering hand and weight shifts.) I really wish Sega’d stop putting exclusive Sonics on so many consoles.

I have to say my newest addiction is Spore. I just love making the creatures! and making them Dance! 😀

Pegasi1978
        Participant

Thrippa wrote:

A lot later I got a Gamecube, and currently have Gamecube (Sonic the Hedgehog, Pokemon, and Legend of Zelda), GBA (same categories), DS (same, also Professor Layton and Mario and Luigi), and Wii (same plus other stuff).

You do know the Wii will play all official GameCube games right?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.