fbpx

Commissions for Ein's Itchies are closed, but stuff 4 sale!

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Commissions for Ein's Itchies are closed, but stuff 4 sale!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

What’s scabies like in the “classic scabies” in the ear that you’re talking about setsuna? He does have the same kind of thing in his ear and on his nose from sticking his face all in his legs to chew himself.

He has VERY smelly, yellow scales where the itching first develops. Then he itches the area to death until it bleeds and once it scabs over, he moves on to the next area. It seems to be localized entirely on his belly and under his back legs around his boy area, but he has been getting the same smelly stuff in his ears and it stinks. I have to wash them out with a q-tip every few days and it seems to be the same skin issue as on his belly. It looks and smells like it anyway.
      His nose is mostly raw from chewing so much, but I can feel some bumps starting on his skin like something is STARTING to develop on the top of his nose.

I don’t know about putting him on a raw diet though, that would totally flip his system. I’d want to talk to my vet about it first I think.

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Setsunawolf
      Participant

Suna’s wilted ear was the classic symptom that clued that vet onto it. Technically it’s a type of mange. A scabie is a parasite that lives in the hair follicle. The parasite irritates the follicle and causes extreme itching. My dogs have had mange twice. 🙄

Majere (the 1st victim)started with a rash on her belly. Her fur thinned and her very pink skin was showing through normally very thick Siberian fur. She would literally chew bloody gashes into herself. I had to keep her in a E-collar for moths to protect her from herself. She was diagnosed with ring worm, allergies, and several other things but it’s been 8 years since that 1st case so I don’t remember all the other misdiagnoses. But it started as what looked like a rash and then spread all over her body.

Lel’s did the same thing. My vet thought it was a contact dermatitis at first. But pregnasone (SP?) and allergy shots didn’t help at all. She only reluctantly did a skin scraping because it reminded me so much of all the trouble we had w/ Majere years ago, and low and behold the skin scraping tested positive for scabies. Doc did have to take several scrapings from different areas (she was humoring me). But the vet in Florida had told me that 85-90% of skin scraping tests test negative for scabies even when the animal has it. It is apparently really hard to diagnose effectively.

I don’t remember if Majere stank, but Lel was very fragrant. In that dog sort of way :puke: . Lel did have little hive like bumps as well. Doc gave Lel 2 shots of ivermectin and that cleared it up. I used Promeris on the others to prevent spread because in addition to treating fleas it also treats scabies and I think the other type of mange as well (not 100% on the 2nd type of mange though). But the chewing bloody holes in yourself is one of the symptoms of scabies. You might wash him in a Tea tree oil dog shampoo. I used tea tree oil to clear up the scabies I got from Lel.

It was very frustrating because nothing I did helped either of my girls. They just kept getting worse and itchier. The rash kept spreading no matter what we did, and I tried a lot of different things. I don’t know if Ein has scabies or not, but I figured I’d share what I know from personal experience. The Promeris was a much better solution than having to sulfur dip all the animals or get ivermectin shots for everybody. I use flea control anyway, so I just switched brands for a few months.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
        Sun Dragon Koi #3

drag0nfeathers wrote:

He has VERY smelly, yellow scales where the itching first develops. Then he itches the area to death until it bleeds and once it scabs over, he moves on to the next area. It seems to be localized entirely on his belly and under his back legs around his boy area, but he has been getting the same smelly stuff in his ears and it stinks. I have to wash them out with a q-tip every few days and it seems to be the same skin issue as on his belly. It looks and smells like it anyway.
        His nose is mostly raw from chewing so much, but I can feel some bumps starting on his skin like something is STARTING to develop on the top of his nose.

I feel so bad for you drag0nfeathers — it sounds like a terrible situation. I’m very sorry, but I do not have any spending money at this time. 🙁

@ setsunawolf

I know, Siberians seem to get skin ailments. My husky Balto gets hot spots occasionally for no reason. When I was about six, my parents adopted a kitten for me from an animal rescue organization, and upon bringing it home we found out that it had ringworm. (That was an experience) We had to sanitize the whole house and give the kitten (which we later named Nala) medicated baths.

Beth
        Participant

Poor little guy. There is food made for dogs with food allergies. had to put mine on it. Have to get a vet prescription. it was called Hill’s prescription diet Z/D, ultra allergen free. Expensive but worked very well. good luck. can also give dogs otc benadryl but need to ask vet dosing since weight based. can help sometimes

machineguts
          Participant

Poor thing! 🙁 I hope he gets feeling better very soon! Good luck on your sales to help with the vet expenses! *hugs tight*

wish i could help, that doesn’t sound like much fun at all!! 🙁 glad to hear you got some commissions though!

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

I don’t want to upset/offend/ or otherwise gross out anyone with photos so I posted links instead if you WANT to see what he looks like right now.

This is his belly about 2 months ago, before the summer heat kicked in.

And his belly now. You can see he was working on his foot and the upper part of his inner thigh while I was at work today apparently.
              http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/drag0nfeathers/drag0ns%20Animals/102_9310.jpg
              http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/drag0nfeathers/drag0ns%20Animals/102_9306.jpg

And his adorable face (nice furry nose)

And his friction burns, or maybe it’s spreading. I don’t really know. He has a scab right in front of the black part of his nose that is still there and his little front cheeks just under his nose are all red and irritated.
              http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/drag0nfeathers/drag0ns%20Animals/102_9273.jpg

Got a busted Windstone?
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Tattoo Mother Kirin

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

setsunawolf wrote:

Suna’s wilted ear was the classic symptom that clued that vet onto it. Technically it’s a type of mange. A scabie is a parasite that lives in the hair follicle. The parasite irritates the follicle and causes extreme itching. My dogs have had mange twice. 🙄

Majere (the 1st victim)started with a rash on her belly. Her fur thinned and her very pink skin was showing through normally very thick Siberian fur. She would literally chew bloody gashes into herself. I had to keep her in a E-collar for moths to protect her from herself. She was diagnosed with ring worm, allergies, and several other things but it’s been 8 years since that 1st case so I don’t remember all the other misdiagnoses. But it started as what looked like a rash and then spread all over her body.

Lel’s did the same thing. My vet thought it was a contact dermatitis at first. But pregnasone (SP?) and allergy shots didn’t help at all. She only reluctantly did a skin scraping because it reminded me so much of all the trouble we had w/ Majere years ago, and low and behold the skin scraping tested positive for scabies. Doc did have to take several scrapings from different areas (she was humoring me). But the vet in Florida had told me that 85-90% of skin scraping tests test negative for scabies even when the animal has it. It is apparently really hard to diagnose effectively.

I don’t remember if Majere stank, but Lel was very fragrant. In that dog sort of way :puke: . Lel did have little hive like bumps as well. Doc gave Lel 2 shots of ivermectin and that cleared it up. I used Promeris on the others to prevent spread because in addition to treating fleas it also treats scabies and I think the other type of mange as well (not 100% on the 2nd type of mange though). But the chewing bloody holes in yourself is one of the symptoms of scabies. You might wash him in a Tea tree oil dog shampoo. I used tea tree oil to clear up the scabies I got from Lel.

It was very frustrating because nothing I did helped either of my girls. They just kept getting worse and itchier. The rash kept spreading no matter what we did, and I tried a lot of different things. I don’t know if Ein has scabies or not, but I figured I’d share what I know from personal experience. The Promeris was a much better solution than having to sulfur dip all the animals or get ivermectin shots for everybody. I use flea control anyway, so I just switched brands for a few months.

I know you’re not a vet, but all of that was really helpful information. I wonder now if he does have scabies? I wonder how he could have possibly contracted it if that’s the case? I posted some pics if you want to take a look. It’s taken about 3 weeks for him to go from normal to what he is now. I wans’t worried at first because this happens EVERY year. He always has rashes in the summer, but I don’t even think his fur is going to grow back. He’s skin feels hot and leathery 🙁

I got a few commissions so I shou dbe able to bring him to the vet in just a few days now. I hope a new vet can help him feel like his old self.

Got a busted Windstone?
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Tattoo Mother Kirin

Rusti
                Participant

Whatever’s going on, he’s definitely super inflamed, poor kid!

lamortefille
                  Participant

Aw, he is such a beauty, drag0n. Fingers crossed for Ein! Poor baby!

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

UPDATE

Thanks for all the support guys! I actually got 3 griffin commissions! 😀 Thank you all so much for all the response!

If anyone has a pair of brown eyes, or a griffin with brown eyes I’m looking to buy one or trade eyes for a particular commission request.

Also, I still have Koishii’s dragon “Copper Mint” for sale and I have lowered the asking price to $125.00

More to come, I just have to decide what to sell.

Debating on selling my Everglade Griffin by Nuke, but I’m still not sure on that one. He was a gift from my sister. Also considering my small Phoenix Butterfly Dragon.

I also have a repaint of a small crouching griffin chick I started to look like a grey tabby cat if anyone is interested I can finish him up and ditto goes for a hot pink and pearl PYO Kirin with fairy wings I have almost finished.

Got a busted Windstone?
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin

siberakh1
                      Participant

*gasp* you’re killing me with the goodies! (Everglade, esp. if it’s the wolf, being a possibility and copper mint – because he would go well with two other pyo dragons I have from Koishii)

Arrgh! Makes me sad I can’t help! 🙁 Your stuff is awesome and I would love to help you get your poor pup to the vet. I wish for a good diagnosis and a cure.

PurpleTurtle
                        Participant

Poor baby 🙁 . I wish I could help to. I’m glad you got a lot of commissions, though 😉 .

lamortefille
                          Participant

*sigh* Someday I’m going to be able to make you an offer that you can’t refuse on the Phoenix Butterfly Dragon, if it isn’t sold by then. I just helped get a little tabby kitty rescued yesterday and I’ll be paying for her vet bill. Plus vacation, a roof over our head, electricity…lol. Good ways to spend my money, but still…. 😥

I’m so happy you got your commission spots filled immediately. Your buyers will be totally happy with your work and Ein is lucky to have such a great mom! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.