fbpx

Cold!!!!!!!!!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Cold!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    siberakh1
    Participant

KaytanaPhoenix – I’ll take that 2 feet of snow please! We’ve had maybe four inches ALL WINTER. It was almost 50 the other day. I’m in northern NY. I can see the lights of a local ski facility from my bedroom window. This is NOT FAIR! This winter has been LAME!!! This is my time of year and I feel cheated! ๐Ÿ™ I haven’t even gotten out my winter gloves all winter, just the light ones. Only wore my boots once out (mostly because of icy mix threat that didn’t do much). I don’t think we’ve even hit single digits at night at my house. The lakes haven’t frozen up much either (limits the winter festival activities). No cross-country skiing for me this year. Nothing to ski on! I have mud in my yard right now. DISLIKE! ๐Ÿ˜

Though on the bright side, it means the heating bills all around are much lower, which is also a good thing for the people still living in trailers (FEMA trailers from Alabama are not insulated and meant for Upstate/Central NY winters), campers and the like an hour south from me in Schoharie county and in the Binghamton area because their homes are gone and a town or two were almost wiped off the map with flooding from the two crazy hurricanes that came through and caused insane amounts of flooding no one living has seen in these areas.

KaytanaPhoenix
      Participant

KaytanaPhoenix – I’ll take that 2 feet of snow please! We’ve had maybe four inches ALL WINTER. It was almost 50 the other day. I’m in northern NY. I can see the lights of a local ski facility from my bedroom window. This is NOT FAIR! This winter has been LAME!!! This is my time of year and I feel cheated! ๐Ÿ™ I haven’t even gotten out my winter gloves all winter, just the light ones. Only wore my boots once out (mostly because of icy mix threat that didn’t do much). I don’t think we’ve even hit single digits at night at my house. The lakes haven’t frozen up much either (limits the winter festival activities). No cross-country skiing for me this year. Nothing to ski on! I have mud in my yard right now. DISLIKE! ๐Ÿ˜

Though on the bright side, it means the heating bills all around are much lower, which is also a good thing for the people still living in trailers (FEMA trailers from Alabama are not insulated and meant for Upstate/Central NY winters), campers and the like an hour south from me in Schoharie county and in the Binghamton area because their homes are gone and a town or two were almost wiped off the map with flooding from the two crazy hurricanes that came through and caused insane amounts of flooding no one living has seen in these areas.

I’d be happy to send most of it your way! I like lighter snows… 2-6″ … they still make it pretty and wintry, but it doesn’t completely disable peoples ability to drive for over a week! lol..

Kujacker, Where do you live?? Sounds like the weather around here… in the fall/early winter we got some snow, but it’s mostly been warm! – I also ask since you have Denvers psycho horse for your icon XD

Skylover
        Participant

KaytanaPhoenix, where in Colorado do you live? I’m in Colorado Springs, and they say we’re going to get about 6-10″ here (not that I really trust the weather men EVER).

KaytanaPhoenix
          Participant

KaytanaPhoenix, where in Colorado do you live? I’m in Colorado Springs, and they say we’re going to get about 6-10″ here (not that I really trust the weather men EVER).

I agree with you on the weather man! lol I’m currently in Longmont (bfs place) and my families place is up north in Nunn (about 25 miles north of Greeley)

Kujacker
            Participant

Kujacker, Where do you live?? Sounds like the weather around here… in the fall/early winter we got some snow, but it’s mostly been warm! – I also ask since you have Denvers psycho horse for your icon XD

I use to have the “prototype” of the “psycho” (hell horse?) horse, but since the forum changed to a new format, all the icons were lost and I couldn’t find the old sculpture photo on the internet again. So I went with this one since he was basically the same thing, just different colors. I later found the old icon on an external harddrive, but why change it now? :p

I unfortunately live in Arizona, the outside of the Scottsdale area. I’ve been here for something like 19 years now, and I’ve hated it the whole time. I lived in Washington State before here, and hope to one day move back there (or Oregon if not). I’m a rain and cold weather person, so naturally I hate the 115+F summers here. And seeing as I hate the sun… this whole area is just hate hate hate for me lol. Okay, I like the landscaping, but I do prefer green to it.

We’ve been looking to move (California… which I hate for a number of reasons, but the biggest being that ferrets are illegal there. So mine would be fugitives and I’d have a huge problem keeping my mouth shut since I talk about them like children; or Austin Texas since my brother lives there… but on the downside it’s hot there, something we want to get rid of), but that’s a stand still now T___T Plus I might get a new job (third interview tomorrow!) so that might keep us (dad and I) here longer. Thankfully it’s a national chain, so it would hopefully be possible to move and keep the job, but I don’t want to get hired and then next month be like “K guys I’m moving transfer plz?”. I thiiiink you’d want to be with the company a bit longer before that. I would think, at least.

I do have cousins that live in Colorado though. They live in Westminster. No, I’ve never visited. Maybe one day though!

KaytanaPhoenix
              Participant

It’s a snow day!! lol. Got a call last night that the kids won’t have school… kind of funny, woke up this morning, and though there is a good amount of snow, it’s currently less than the first significant snowfall of the season that they didn’t cancel for o.0 so the bf is working at home… I might actually get some *away from the pc* stuff done today XD if the kids let me… they may not.. lol

I use to have the “prototype” of the “psycho” (hell horse?) horse, but since the forum changed to a new format, all the icons were lost and I couldn’t find the old sculpture photo on the internet again. So I went with this one since he was basically the same thing, just different colors. I later found the old icon on an external harddrive, but why change it now? :p

I unfortunately live in Arizona, the outside of the Scottsdale area. I’ve been here for something like 19 years now, and I’ve hated it the whole time. I lived in Washington State before here, and hope to one day move back there (or Oregon if not). I’m a rain and cold weather person, so naturally I hate the 115+F summers here. And seeing as I hate the sun… this whole area is just hate hate hate for me lol. Okay, I like the landscaping, but I do prefer green to it.

We’ve been looking to move (California… which I hate for a number of reasons, but the biggest being that ferrets are illegal there. So mine would be fugitives and I’d have a huge problem keeping my mouth shut since I talk about them like children; or Austin Texas since my brother lives there… but on the downside it’s hot there, something we want to get rid of), but that’s a stand still now T___T Plus I might get a new job (third interview tomorrow!) so that might keep us (dad and I) here longer. Thankfully it’s a national chain, so it would hopefully be possible to move and keep the job, but I don’t want to get hired and then next month be like “K guys I’m moving transfer plz?”. I thiiiink you’d want to be with the company a bit longer before that. I would think, at least.

I do have cousins that live in Colorado though. They live in Westminster. No, I’ve never visited. Maybe one day though!

You should move to Colorado! lol ;p You literally get all sorts of weather here.. but we do get a lot of sunshine, so if you’re not a fan of it, you’ll probably hate it, lol. I love it here, it’s so pretty, ‘n seems to have a little for everyone.. I’m personally a prairie girl! I love visiting the mountains but the feeling of home is when I can see nothing but miles of fields and dirt roads ^-^ but the mountains in the summer don’t get into that ridiculous heat, they just get a ton of snow in winter! lol… Overall, I’m not a city girl! Bf lives enough in a city, ‘n that drives me nuts in no time flat! lol

That horse has so many nicknames.. I just end up calling it the psycho horse, it’s a wonderful “Welcome to Colorado!” statue… nothing says ‘Welcome!’ like scaring the hell out of people, lol.. XD

Ann

That horse has so many nicknames.. I just end up calling it the psycho horse, it’s a wonderful “Welcome to Colorado!” statue… nothing says ‘Welcome!’ like scaring the hell out of people, lol.. XD

Haha! So true!

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.