fbpx

Catalogue

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Catalogue

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    littleironhorse
    Participant

littleironhorse
      Participant

Yes, back to the catalogues again. As I see it there are two problems for me:

1. The images on the website don’t really lend themselves to a good printing format.
        2. The most recent of those little flyers that you used to publish doesn’t have any of the new color schemes and is even missing some pieces.

So I’ve been thinking, what about publishing an actual catalogue on the website, in .pdf format, with 8 1/2″X11″ pages, so that we can print them out and take them with us when we are trying convince a store to start carrying Windstones?

Would that be a possibility?

Because I have to tell you, it is a bit hard to go to a store owner or manager without anything in hand to show them. And I don’t really like to drag my flegglings around with me because of the risk of damaging them with too much handling. I have, in the past directed them to the website, but who’s to know that they will really visit it?

Another thing I just though of… Is it possible to get business cards from you, with a contact name and details (I think it would be Susie?) and the website url on it? What I was thinking is that I could print out a few catalogues, staple the business card to it and leave a copy with the owner or manager of a store when I go to talk to them. As a buyer for my office, I can tell you that I am very more likely to contact a supplier that has left me some documentation, especially if I have contact details, than one who only directed me to a website. I might not take the time to go to the website, but if I have a catalogue right in front of my eyes, I will definitely flip through it.

Starbreeze
        Participant

What great ideas!

Melody
          Keymaster

littleironhorse wrote:

Yes, back to the catalogues again. As I see it there are two problems for me:

1. The images on the website don’t really lend themselves to a good printing format.
            2. The most recent of those little flyers that you used to publish doesn’t have any of the new color schemes and is even missing some pieces.

So I’ve been thinking, what about publishing an actual catalogue on the website, in .pdf format, with 8 1/2″X11″ pages, so that we can print them out and take them with us when we are trying convince a store to start carrying Windstones?

Would that be a possibility?

Because I have to tell you, it is a bit hard to go to a store owner or manager without anything in hand to show them. And I don’t really like to drag my flegglings around with me because of the risk of damaging them with too much handling. I have, in the past directed them to the website, but who’s to know that they will really visit it?

Another thing I just though of… Is it possible to get business cards from you, with a contact name and details (I think it would be Susie?) and the website url on it? What I was thinking is that I could print out a few catalogues, staple the business card to it and leave a copy with the owner or manager of a store when I go to talk to them. As a buyer for my office, I can tell you that I am very more likely to contact a supplier that has left me some documentation, especially if I have contact details, than one who only directed me to a website. I might not take the time to go to the website, but if I have a catalogue right in front of my eyes, I will definitely flip through it.Business cards? I remember those things! Ours don’t even have our website on it, they are that old!
            Those are good ideas. In the mean time, perhaps I can find you some more recent catalogues to have. We don’t have very many left, but I might be able to scrounge up one or two.. I’ll see what I can find.

Maria
            Participant

An updated catalog would be a great help in advertising. I’d print a couple!

Pegasi1978
              Participant

Same here. Man I wish I still had access to Quark XPress. I’d snag all the files I needed and make a new catalog for you all myself.

Yes, that would be great. It would be really nice to have something to take with me.

Purplecat
                Participant

I love the idea of a catalogue. I know a couple shops who would be interested but I’m too chicken to travel with any of my collection. Right now I’m just helping out interested people by ordering the dragons for them and having them pay me once they arrive here cause most people do want to see them in person before handing over cash.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.