fbpx

Cat Wizard

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Cat Wizard

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Bob

Melody wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

Ooo! A calico would be nice, or a tortie.

I am painting calico flapcats right now!

I got to see them and they look GREAT

Bob

wolflodge100 wrote:

I think it would be neat to have a white cat with a ruby robe!

Santa kitty??

Bob

Melody wrote:

mimitrek wrote:

Melody wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

Show us a picture! Are these the eyes shut version?

These are the eye shut ones. They will be limited edition. I’ll put pic up when I get a finished one.
          Question: Do calico (tortoise and white) cats always have the black marking on the face on the cat’s right side? Seems like every one I’ve seen does. Is this just a coincidence?

I checked mine when I got home and she has black over her right ear and left ear but more black on the right ear. The black comes thru her right eye but just above her left eye. I think all kitties are different

Jodi
          Participant

Melody wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

Melody wrote:

mimitrek wrote:

Melody wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

These are the eye shut ones. They will be limited edition. I’ll put pic up when I get a finished one.
            Question: Do calico (tortoise and white) cats always have the black marking on the face on the cat’s right side? Seems like every one I’ve seen does. Is this just a coincidence?

My Claire Marie in my avatar pic is a calico tabby. I think her dark side is the left side. Her left or your left?

Her left.

Melody
            Keymaster

emerald212 wrote:

Melody wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

Melody wrote:

mimitrek wrote:

Melody wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

My Claire Marie in my avatar pic is a calico tabby. I think her dark side is the left side. Her left or your left?

Her left. That blows my theory!

Jodi
              Participant

See my pretty baby?

Bob

I think every cat has their own different markings. Mine is more white then most also

Jodi
                  Participant

I agree. It just depends on the cat.

Melody wrote:

I put a picture of calico flapcats in my gallery. They have more black on their right sides, of course.

Very nice! Are you going to also post pictures of the two that look different?

lamortefille
                    Participant

Claire Marie is just beautiful! May I ask where her name came from?

Jodi
                      Participant

lamortefille wrote:

Sure. I named her Claire after the main character in the Diana Gabaldon series of books (Outlander, Drums of Autumn, etc.) – and she’s a calico, so I wanted a “C” name. The Marie just sort of pops up once in a while. It sounded good with Claire, very French.

All three of my cats have people names: Katie Jo, Claire Marie, and Merlin Yoda (okay Yoda is not exactly a person, but the cat had huge ears as a kitten). I like to give them people names, but sometimes they get mail, which is funny.

frozendragon
                        Participant

emerald212 wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

Sure. I named her Claire after the main character in the Diana Gabaldon series of books (Outlander, Drums of Autumn, etc.) – and she’s a calico, so I wanted a “C” name. The Marie just sort of pops up once in a while. It sounded good with Claire, very French.

All three of my cats have people names: Katie Jo, Claire Marie, and Merlin Yoda (okay Yoda is not exactly a person, but the cat had huge ears as a kitten). I like to give them people names, but sometimes they get mail, which is funny.

Marie Claire…french fashion magazine… 😈

Jodi
                          Participant

frozendragon wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

Well, I could start dressing my kitty in French fashions, but she would bite me. πŸ™‚

frozendragon
                            Participant

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

lamortefille
                              Participant

emerald212 wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

Well, I could start dressing my kitty in French fashions, but she would bite me. πŸ™‚

She is already modeling a luxurious fur coat! πŸ˜‰
                                The girl that lived two doors away from me growing up was named Claire Marie. I wondered if the name had some significance I wasn’t aware of. Her Mom used to yell out the front door when it was time for her to come inside, so whenever you mention Claire Marie I hear in my head, “Claaaaaaaaaire Maaaarrrieeeeeeeeeee! Claaaaaaaaaire! Time to come inside!”. πŸ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.