fbpx

casualties of shipping alas

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone casualties of shipping alas

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Zelda
    Participant

So sorry to see your poor wizard! I just fixed up one of these old fellas with almost EXACTLY the same damage! If the factory can’t send you any paint, I can make recommendations on which brand and color I used to match up. Unfortunately I’ll be away from my supplies for another week, so you’ll have to wait. But best of luck on fixing this fella up, goodness knows these old pieces deserve it!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

skigod377 wrote:

I bought the same thing once. It arrived broken. I shipped it off to have it repaired. It came back broken. What a waste of money. These things are too fragile sometimes. Im sorry about your baby. How tragic.

Ouch! I can see why you seem to be against repair work. I back mine, if it should be broken from my packing job I will fix it, including shipping. But I have yet to have that happen.

Kyrin

Skigod377
      Participant

Kyrin wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

I bought the same thing once. It arrived broken. I shipped it off to have it repaired. It came back broken. What a waste of money. These things are too fragile sometimes. Im sorry about your baby. How tragic.

Ouch! I can see why you seem to be against repair work. I back mine, if it should be broken from my packing job I will fix it, including shipping. But I have yet to have that happen.

KyrinI have nothing against repair work. I am all for it in the right circumstances. When Justin broke my green fledge, I shipped it off and Whippet repaired it like new. The only time I am against repair work is when the buyer gets screwed because of either the post offices rough handling or the packers crappy packing. Then I just dont think they should be let off while the buyer pays the price.

Oh Gosh, when Windstones break they crumble. I hope Windstone are good packers of big pieces accross the pond ๐Ÿ˜•

Zelda wrote:

So sorry to see your poor wizard! I just fixed up one of these old fellas with almost EXACTLY the same damage! If the factory can’t send you any paint, I can make recommendations on which brand and color I used to match up. Unfortunately I’ll be away from my supplies for another week, so you’ll have to wait. But best of luck on fixing this fella up, goodness knows these old pieces deserve it!

I can vouch that Zelda has the exact right colors. I bought that wizard and you can hardly tell where the corrections were made. The paint matchs perfectly.

skigod377 wrote:

Kyrin wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

KyrinI have nothing against repair work. I am all for it in the right circumstances. When Justin broke my green fledge, I shipped it off and Whippet repaired it like new. The only time I am against repair work is when the buyer gets screwed because of either the post offices rough handling or the packers crappy packing. Then I just dont think they should be let off while the buyer pays the price.

I agree completely. What bothers me is when they get screwed twice, maybe they aren’t out their money, but they are out the item. I think they should get their money back and get to keep the item to do as they will with it. Insurance should also include getting the item repaired, versus just declaring it a total loss and throwing it away.

Kyrin

Skigod377
        Participant

Kyrin wrote:

I agree completely. What bothers me is when they get screwed twice, maybe they aren’t out their money, but they are out the item. I think they should get their money back and get to keep the item to do as they will with it. Insurance should also include getting the item repaired, versus just declaring it a total loss and throwing it away.

KyrinI dont really see it that way. The buyer gets all their money back, keeps the peice and repairs it, then sells it. Thats total profit that they are not really entitled to. Thats saying “Here. Give me back my money and then some.” Also, what if they are scamming? They broke the peice when they pulled it out of the box? The peice was not really broken and they are trying to substitute their own broken peice. It happens all the time. The only way to keep it fair is for the seller to get their peice back or for the post office to get it. It is evidence to them, after all. So long as the buyer is not screwed, I am ok with it. I just dont agree that the buyer should benefit from something like that.

darjeb
          Participant

Both times I had a white emperor dragon broken one by USP and the other by USPS I had to let them have the pieces and then they paid the amount of the insurance. But by the time I was able to get one delivered in one piece the price had doubled on ebay.

Elena
            Participant

Griffiness wrote:

Oh Gosh, when Windstones break they crumble. I hope Windstone are good packers of big pieces accross the pond ๐Ÿ˜•

Windstone packs up thier pieces to survive just about anything. Your Riser should arrive safe and sound! ๐Ÿ˜€

Purplecat
              Participant

Ouch! Poor fellow! Keep us posted with lots of pics. I’d be soooo mad. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

skigod377 wrote:

Kyrin wrote:

KyrinI dont really see it that way. The buyer gets all their money back, keeps the peice and repairs it, then sells it. Thats total profit that they are not really entitled to. Thats saying “Here. Give me back my money and then some.” Also, what if they are scamming? They broke the peice when they pulled it out of the box? The peice was not really broken and they are trying to substitute their own broken peice. It happens all the time. The only way to keep it fair is for the seller to get their peice back or for the post office to get it. It is evidence to them, after all. So long as the buyer is not screwed, I am ok with it. I just dont agree that the buyer should benefit from something like that.

True, cheating isn’t cool. But often the cost of shipping is not included with the compensation for the loss of the piece.

I just object in general to throwing out a perfectly salvagable Windstone. The idea of throwing one away just kills me.

Kyrin

Skigod377
                Participant

I agree there. The idea hurts. Its not the poor windstones’ fault.

Sorry about the Wizard Ruffian. It looks like you are getting to a great start.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.