fbpx

Brushes

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kiya
    Participant

I wasn’t able to find what I thought was a great list of brushes people like so I thought I’d ask. I saw Jennifer’s recommendation, but those suckers are hard to find!

So what brand and type of brushes do people use? I’m interested in trying a PYO, but I need to get some brushes first! ๐Ÿ™‚

fatalbeauty
      Participant

I bought a couple of different combo pack ones I saw in Michaels…they worked out fine for me….

4 things I'm looking for:
        1. Mother Meerkat
        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF, Brimstone would be awesome!
        3. Female Griffin โ€“ Siamese with White
        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Grayfire_artz
        Participant

I bought a couple of different combo pack ones I saw in Michaels…they worked out fine for me….

That’s what I do to ๐Ÿ˜€

Hannah
          Participant

I am particular about my brushes – I like golden talkon which is a synthetic, fairly soft bristle. I paint all of my PYOs with a size 0 and a size, I think, 6.

Everyone’s different though! I would recommend going to the store and picking up the brushes and gently touching the bristles. That’s how I came to realize that I liked the golden taklon the best, when before I had been using natural bristled brushes ๐Ÿ™‚

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
            Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

WolfenMachine
            Participant

I just use the generic ones-I have one just labeled “art brush” size 1 I use for details and a “Royal” size 6 I use for larger to medium sized areas. I like really soft brushes myself.

Purplecat
              Participant

I have to touch everything in the art store before I can decide…….

bayoudragon
                Participant

I use the golden taklon brushes as well. I have a variety of sizes I’ve picked up here and there that come in those cheap combo packs, but I’ve been looking for some really good SMALL brushes.

I’m currently trying a couple of Loew-Cornell spotter brushes. One is a 5/0 (under the name American Painter). It’s holding up fairly well. The brush tip is “turning” a bit, but I can tolerate that. As long as it’s not fraying, I’m good.

The other is 10/0 (IT’S SO TINY!). XD But I haven’t tried it yet. Hopefully, they won’t crap out on me too soon… or I’ll have to raise the bar a notch. >.<

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Almost all the brushes I use are Royal

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

PurpleTurtle
                    Participant

My brushes tend to run the entire gambit, but I almost always use synthetic, golden talkon. I do use a lot of teeny tiny bushes and I find that I spend a bit more on those for the better quality. I also sometimes buy the sets but I usually need to feel the bristles to determine if it’s a brush I want to use. I rarely purchase brushes based on brand.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.