fbpx

Black & White Tobiano Unicorn finished!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Black & White Tobiano Unicorn finished!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    ladybrooklyn
    Participant

Inspiration causes insanity!

Here it is 11pm and I’m posting pics of a couple of the PYOs I worked on tonight. Let me tell ya… if it was Friday night and I could stay up till 3am… I would be… I’m on a roll and I love it! It’s been so long since I painted for three days straight…

UGH do I HAVE to go to work tomorrow!? πŸ™ πŸ™

So let’s just say that I made good progress on several PYOs… including my Swap piece (though sadly I cannot share pics… ;))… and these two are the ones who made it to the finishing point… or close too…

First… this Ki-Rin will soon be on her way to a friend in Sweden!

And this lovely lady… my first PYO Unicorn! She demanded to be painted as a nice, smart Black Tobiano! All she needs is her hooves finished, and end of her tail darkened… and she’s ready for sale! πŸ˜€

Here’s hoping I have more finished tomorrow night! πŸ˜€ LMK what you guys think!

ladybrooklyn
      Participant

dragonmedley
        Participant

I love that kirin! He looks so nice and soft.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

I love both of these pieces and I also loved getting a look at your studio. Those poor broken pieces! Your collection is mighty and I just love the paint job on both pieces you put up. I hope you will put up more pics if you get more done.

Adaneth
          Participant

I love the shading on that Ki-Rin! Beautiful work! πŸ˜€

Skigod377
            Participant

I love both, too!! Wicked work!! πŸ˜€ The face on that Ki rin is incredible!

ladybrooklyn
              Participant

Thanks guys! πŸ˜€

And the sick thing is… you really can’t see all of the color and detail on the Ki-Rin’s scales… they are interference blue, then antiqued in gold… then a few are painted over with interference purple… and finally a few again are painted with their centers gold. πŸ˜€

There’s also gold highlights in her fur too… Just a touch. πŸ˜€

And the Unicorn will have interference/metallic beads in her mane and tail… along with a light dusting of gold powder I think. πŸ˜€ She’s gonna be purdy. πŸ˜€ I love Black and White Tobianos. πŸ˜€

Jodi
                Participant

They are both really pretty.

KoishiiKitty
                  Participant

oh that uni is simply stunning! I really love how you got the two colors to mimic the blending you see on horses realistically. and the two toned horn really adds a very believable feel to it!

ladybrooklyn
                    Participant

πŸ˜† Well… the horn… is masked… so that white will come off eventually…

Though… I’ve been toying with another unicorn idea I have… it requires a three colored horn… white, black and red…

would it be TOTALLY wrong to paint over the gold horn!?

I like the Unicorn, I was gonna ask if the horn was on purpose.

I think I might need that unicorn.

>D

Beautiful work on both!!

ladybrooklyn
                      Participant

Thanks guys! πŸ˜€ Your comments are encouraging me! And I need that to keep painting! πŸ˜€ Oh I hope this weekend is productive!! πŸ˜€

Quill wrote:

I think I might need that unicorn.

>D

Beautiful work on both!!

Thanks! πŸ˜€ 😳 πŸ˜€ If you do NEED her… LMK. πŸ˜† She will be for sale when she’s finished… 😈

PM’ed ya!

πŸ˜†

siberakh1
                        Participant

The tobiano is awesome!

I’ll get back to you on my color scheme… still debating and haven’t had time to really decide at work this week with the stupidity that has abounded there. I did manage to narrow it down to like 3 colors at least πŸ˜›

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.