fbpx

Black Grand Unicorns

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Black Grand Unicorns

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

That is a very good picture for helping to see the difference. And I can see it (know that I know what I’m looking for). But would the casual observer be able to see the difference?

Setsunawolf
      Participant

Interesting. Thanks Silver Arrow. The unis have never done much for me but I like this guy in the black. OF course he’s not available…but I’ll live. The pic is still neat

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
        Sun Dragon Koi #3

Skigod377
        Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

That is a very good picture for helping to see the difference. And I can see it (know that I know what I’m looking for). But would the casual observer be able to see the difference?

Probably not, and I dont think it would be fair to the first folks who paid big bucks to make more black grand unicorns that are not that discernable from the first ones. Thats how I feel about it anyway. Some folks paid over a grand for the black grand unis.

Pam

The front legs of the old version were also much closer together, and the mane went further down the back. And the fur was re-carved a bit for the new version. Take a comparison shot of the fronts of both, and you will see the difference in the legs.
            Personally, I think its plenty difference 😀

Pegasi1978
            Participant

If I remember correctly Silver Arrow no longer has the black grand uni to be able to take any more pictures of.

Skigod377
              Participant

Pam Thompson wrote:

The front legs of the old version were also much closer together, and the mane went further down the back. And the fur was re-carved a bit for the new version. Take a comparison shot of the fronts of both, and you will see the difference in the legs.
                Personally, I think its plenty difference 😀

Legally Im sure it is. I just think it would bring down the value of the previous peices. I know my black gold OW Prototype is not selling for what I paid for it originally, now that the regular production ones are out. Im thinking as a buyer/collector, not from a legal standpoint.

Nicole
                Participant

Well I kind of think of the test version unicorns as I think of the prototype old warriors. IMO the test version sculpt of the grand unicorn has a much more extravagant tail the same way the prototype old warriors have more extravagant battle scars. I still think the test version would sell for more money( although with the way the economy is right now a lot of things that people are re-selling aren’t selling for what we as collector think they should be worth). Also they could make the new ones with different markings or something to be able to tell the two sculpts a part better. Just my 2 cents 🙂

frozendragon
                  Participant

I think at one point I had suggested different colored jewels as well.. that’s another way to tell them apart

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

Different markings and jewels would be a way to tell them apart. As I said before though, I’m not going to get my hopes up for a regular or limited production black grand unicorn.

I won’t hold my breath either, but it really would be nice….

Setsunawolf
                      Participant

Okay guys. I recently bought a Grand Uni but I can’t tell whether he is fat tailled or thin tailed. Would look at the pic and give me a verdict please. 😀
                        http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj299/setsunawolf/DSC00097.jpg

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                        Sun Dragon Koi #3

Pegasi1978
                        Participant

setsunawolf wrote:

Okay guys. I recently bought a Grand Uni but I can’t tell whether he is fat tailled or thin tailed. Would look at the pic and give me a verdict please. 😀
                          http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj299/setsunawolf/DSC00097.jpg

The tail on yours looks like the one in the Astral Castle picture which is a thin tailed version.

Pam
                            Melody
                            Keymaster

pegasi1978 wrote:

Yes, I think the difference between the prototype and the production version is noticeable. The white Grand unicorn in our catalog is also a prototype with a fat tail, so it looks the same as the black ones.

I bought one of the 12 black grands auctioned on ebay. Here is a recent pic of him. It looks to me as though he has the thinner tail.

What do you think?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.