fbpx

Black Grand Unicorns

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Black Grand Unicorns

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Nicole
    Participant

Sorry if this has been asked already but…. Since the black grand unicorns that were sold on ebay were painted using the older version of their mold (with the thicker tail) is it possible that in the future the newer mold of the grand unicorn could be painted in the old black color? Maybe as a limited production or something? My family of black unicorns just doesn’t seem complete without the big guy 😀

Nicole
      Participant

Pegasi1978
        Participant

I’d love if this were to happen since I missed the 12 when they were listed (wasn’t really on ebay at that time), but I don’t think it would happen as *I think* it would be too hard to tell them apart from the others.

Melody
          Keymaster

NicoleH wrote:

Sorry if this has been asked already but…. Since the black grand unicorns that were sold on ebay were painted using the older version of their mold (with the thicker tail) is it possible that in the future the newer mold of the grand unicorn could be painted in the old black color? Maybe as a limited production or something? My family of black unicorns just doesn’t seem complete without the big guy 😀

They had the fat tails?? I didn’t notice.. you sure??

Pegasi1978
            Participant

Here’s the picture from the ebay gallery.

I can’t really tell the difference between the tails, but then I don’t really know what I’m looking for. It looks the same as the tail on the white grand in the store.

Nicole
              Participant

Well what i’ve heard was that the first castings of the grand unicorns had the thicker tails and i think a thinner waste or something like that but im not 100% sure about what was revised. Here’s what Astral’s castle said: “This was the original casting of the Grand Unicorn that was replaced with the more familiar one. Windstone used this photograph in their catalogs, even though the available model differed slightly. It is uncertain how many of the original version were actually sold, but it is probably very few. Later, these castings were painted up for the limited production Grand Unicorn (Black).” The pictures in the store and that are shown in other stores are the test version.

frozendragon
                Participant

hmm.. if that were the case then a technicality would kind of let Melody do more black grand unicorns.. and I would be so excited..

or Melody could always do a black grand unicorn in a different way, jewels/eye color/etc.. so we could still get one..
                  hehe

😈

Kujacker
                  Participant

That is the fat tailed version. Look at this white grand, his tail is noticeable smaller.
                    http://astralcastle.com/windstone/wslist/grandunicornw2.htm

I would most certainly like to have a grand unicorn, and the white just doesn’t do it for me… so it would be nice to see some new types of blacks.

Kujacker wrote:

That is the fat tailed version. Look at this white grand, his tail is noticeable smaller.
                    http://astralcastle.com/windstone/wslist/grandunicornw2.htm

I would most certainly like to have a grand unicorn, and the white just doesn’t do it for me… so it would be nice to see some new types of blacks.

squeek* squeek* squeek* squeek* Grand Pegasus Any color squeek* squeek* squeek*
                    😀

Nicole
                    Participant

So is it a big enough loop hole to make some more black grand unicorns? 😀 squeek* squeek* squeek*

squeek* squeek* I would love a Black Grand Uni!!! squeek* squeek*

Wow…I never noticed the difference… 😮

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Wow…I never noticed the difference… 😮

Neither did I. I’d love it if it was enough of a loophole for more black grand unicorns to be produced, but I’m not going to get my hopes up.

Pam

squeek* for black grand unis, Melody.

Participant

Here is a comparison pic. Might help to see the difference.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.