fbpx

BitterSweet DEATH…

Home Forums Miscellany Community BitterSweet DEATH…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

It has been two days…

Thursday morning we found our Sampsie Boy (our GS dog of 11 years) non responsive but alive on the floor of my bedroom where he sleeps…slept. Our best guess, a stroke. I laid him on his side and held him, looking into his beautiful amber eyes and knew there was no coming back from this. James got our son, AJ up and told him to come and tell Samps goodbye. AJ spent time with him and then walked away, not looking up. I looked at James and we both knew we had to take away his pain, he was not going to come back to us. The doc gave him the shot at his office and my husband would not let anyone help to bury him. He took off his collar so he would not get hung up on anything up there and placed hay in the grave for him to lay on and even covered him up with some hay before filling in the grave. Samps is buried beside the small pond in our yard, my hubby could not bring himself to have him cremated, which I would have liked, but that was not the time to have words about anything…and I have purchased a popcorn red crepe myrtle tree to cover his grave. Samps was an unusual beast, 120 lbs at his prime and very intune to his family. He has protected us, herded us, and shadowed us to keep us safe and now he is gone…I write this becuase I am the one who has the cat that is 25 years old, Siggy and I dang sure did not believe I would be telling you of Sampsie’s leaving before my Siggy…but Siggy is still Siggy, he’s blind, deaf but still Siggy and he is not ready to leave us, yet…

My Samps’s last night on this earth was spent with me, in a field, after we completed our chores of feeding the horses, waiting on the ISS space station to flyby our area. We sat quietly together, woman and beast, in the dark, watching the sky, my hand on his massive head as he lay beside me in the cold night air. After the event we walked towards the house for hot chocolate and a milk bone and to bed. Our Samps knew he was loved, we showed him often as we do with all our critters and while death does bring peace and comfort, the heartache is almost to much to bear and to know I will have to do it again when Siggy tells me it’s time…is breaking my heart.

Go and grab your precious critters who love you unconditionally, even when you are to busy to pet them on your way out and no matter how bitchy you are. They do not care, they just love you. Go and hold them and let them feel your love…

Samps, age 1.5 with AJ…

siberakh1
    Participant

*hugs* My condolensces.

Adaneth
      Participant

Very sorry for your loss. ๐Ÿ™

dragonmedley
        Participant

Oh no… hugs ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Skigod377
          Participant

Im really sorry about your pooch. He had a good long life with a loving owner, which is the most a doggie can ask for.

And I didnt know you had a 25 year old cat! That is impressive for a cat. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

My condolences on loosing a loved pet. It’s never easy, is it? ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

๐Ÿ˜ฅ

PurpleTurtle
            Participant

I’m so sorry for your loss. *hugs*

LadyFirebird
              Participant

I’m so sorry about your dog–no, it’s not ever easy. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ Sending hugs and comfroting thoughts your way.

Jasmine
                Participant

I’m sorry hun.

PhoenixTears
                  Participant

I’m so desperately sorry for your loss. Whether you’re prepared for this inevitability or not, all of it goes out the window when it happens and raw emotion takes over. We tend to appear as though we recover faster on the outside than we actually do on the inside. That however, won’t stop me from wishing you the best, putting you and your entire family in my prayers, and sending you as much positive thoughts as I can. The way you wrote about your last evening, I started to cry which got others coming into the room. It became contagious and they don’t even know you! Not that I do all too much either but we understand in part, what you’re going through (I say in part because everyone’s loss is individual and I don’t want to minimize it by sentiments of been there, know what you feel, etc). I’m just so very sorry.

โ€œFate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.โ€

Bob

I’m so soooooorry for your loss!!

Stephanie
                      Participant

๐Ÿ˜ฅ Sooo sorry! ((BIG HUGS))

BDW
                        Participant

๐Ÿ™ So sorry about that poor dog. “Hugs hon”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.