fbpx

bad ebay seller/was ebay feedback question

Home Forums Miscellany Community bad ebay seller/was ebay feedback question

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    BDW
    Participant

Maybe I didn’t word everything right but I just angry that I didn’t listen to my inner judgement about him. I just knew he would be rude about it all 🙄 .
      I needed to give him a piece of my mind instaid of sugar coating it.

BDW
      Participant

He just replied but I still don’t have a refund.
        “my lashing out is more a cumulation of contempt for ebay and their poor protection of sellers. i cannot represent everything to such detail. i called what i saw. i called it used and damaged. you could tell more by my poor photo what was wrong with it than i could by having it in my hand. i bought it at a garage sale. i listed and called what i saw. i do apologize for lashing out. i will refund you as you have requested. you know i tried to deal fairly with you and refunded postage even before you knew or asked. it may not have been what you expected or thought right but i did refund some. i did that bcs it was right, even though you agreed to the selling price and shipping. and then wanted it packed in 2 boxes. more cost. it arrived ok though, even the way i packed it. i am sorry we transacted at all. “

This was his description:
        LAP DRAGON
        SIGNED BY ARTIST PENA 97′
        IN THE PEACOCK COLOR
        RARE / HARD TO FIND / HTF
        LEFT REAR TOE NAIL / CLAW HAS SMALL CHIP. BUT UNNOTICEABLE WITH OUT MENTION.
        GREAT FANTASY / PHANTASY FOLK LORE
        MYSTICAL / MYTHICAL
        DEN DECORATIVE / LAIR DECOR
        MEASURES ABOUT 7″ BY 7″ BY 9″
        ITEM IS SECOND HAND ESTATE FIND.

Here is all that is wrong with it:
        1~ Paint is crackled very bad all over.
        2~ Chips at multiple places( and I mean lots)
        3~ Scratches all over.
        4~ Horns are tarnished and one is loose.
        5~ Crystal is missing.
        6~ Broken toes on left foot not chipped.
        7~ Gold paint smeared at several places on the body.
        8~ one eye was reglued crooked in socket (not done at factory since it’s hot glue. Big blob of it)
        9~ sticky substance at crevices.

Skeeterdeee
        Participant

I don’t blame you for being mad at all!! He said some really rotten things!! 😮 Where he said, ” i cannot represent everything to such detail”, that’s a bunch of crap! If your going to sell to a person who can not physically HOLD the item before they pay for it, you HAVE to accurately describe it!
          After you get your refund, make sure you leave appropriate feedback for that slimeball!! (I would wait for the refund first though)

BDW
          Participant

skeeterdeee wrote:

I don’t blame you for being mad at all!! He said some really rotten things!! 😮 Where he said, ” i cannot represent everything to such detail”, that’s a bunch of crap! If your going to sell to a person who can not physically HOLD the item before they pay for it, you HAVE to accurately describe it!
            After you get your refund, make sure you leave appropriate feedback for that slimeball!! (I would wait for the refund first though)

Good thing when I typed what he said the forum fairy changed the words so it wouldn’t sound to bad. 😆 And yes I’ll wait for the refund. 😉
            Funny how he sais he can’t put all the details when in is auction right below the description, he supplies all the following info on dragons:

FYI

Dragons are legendary creatures, typically with serpentine or otherwise reptilian traits, that feature in the myths of many cultures.

The two most familiar interpretations of dragons are European dragons, derived from various European folk traditions and ultimately related to Greek and Middle Eastern mythologies, and the unrelated Chinese dragon. The English word “dragon” derives from Greek δρ?κων (drákon), “dragon, serpent of huge size, water-snake”, which probably comes from the verb δρακε?ν (drakeîn) “to see clearly”.

Dragons are usually shown in modern times with a body like a huge lizard, or a snake with two pairs of lizard-type legs, and able to emit fire from their mouths. The European dragon has bat-type wings growing from its back. A dragon-like creature with no front legs is known as a wyvern. Following discovery of how pterosaurs walked on the ground, some dragons have been portrayed without front legs and using the wings as front legs pterosaur-fashion when on the ground.

Although dragons occur in many legends around the world, different cultures have varying stories about monsters that have been grouped together under the dragon label. Some dragons are said to breathe fire or to be poisonous. They are commonly portrayed as serpentine or reptilian, hatching from eggs and possessing typically scaly or feathered bodies. They are sometimes portrayed as having especially large eyes or watching treasure very diligently, a feature that is the origin of the word dragon (Greek drakeîn meaning “to see clearly”). Some myths portray them with a row of dorsal spines. European dragons are more often winged, while Chinese dragons resemble large snakes. Dragons can have a variable number of legs: none, two, four, or more when it comes to early European literature.

Dragons are often held to have major spiritual significance in various religions and cultures around the world. In many Asian cultures dragons were, and in some cultures still are, revered as representative of the primal forces of nature, religion and the universe. They are associated with wisdom—often said to be wiser than humans—and longevity. They are commonly said to possess some form of magic or other supernatural power, and are often associated with wells, rain, and rivers. In some cultures, they are also said to be capable of human speech. In some traditions dragons are said to have taught humans to talk.

The term dragoon, for infantry that moved around on horseback yet still fought as foot soldiers, is derived from their early firearm, the “dragon”, a wide-bore musket that spat flame when it fired, and was thus named for the mythical creature.

The word dragon derives from Greek δρακων, via Latin draco. It is attested in Middle English from the 13th century, in the context of medieval bestiaries and legends.

The Greek and Latin term referred to any great serpent, not necessarily mythological, and this usage was also current in English up to the 18th century. Today the great komodo lizard Varanus komodoensis is also known in English as the Komodo dragon. The King James Bible uses the words “serpent”, “dragon” and “Devil” in a fairly interchangeable manner.

The association of the serpent with a monstrous opponent overcome by a heroic deity has its roots in the mythology of the Ancient Near East, including Canaanite (Hebrew, Ugaritic), Hittite and Mesopotamian. The Chaoskampf motif entered Greek mythology and ultimately Christian mythology, although the serpent motif may already be part of prehistoric Indo-European mythology as well, based on comparative evidence of Indic and Germanic material.

The “European dragon” (and its Near Eastern and Indic cognates) myth has quite different characteristics and origins from those of the Chinese dragon.

Dinosaur and mammalian fossils were occasionally mistaken for the bones of dragons and other mythological creature; for example, a discovery in 300 BC in Wucheng, Sichuan, China, was labeled as such by Chang Qu. Adrienne Mayor has written on the subject of fossils as the inspiration for myths in her book The First Fossil Hunters, and in an entry in the Encyclopedia of Geology she wrote: “Fossil remains generated a variety of geomyths speculating on the creatures’ identity and cause of their destruction. Many ancient cultures, from China and India to Greece, America, and Australia, told tales of dragons, monsters, and giant heroes to account for fossils of animals they had never seen alive.”In Australia, stories of such creatures may have referred to the land crocodiles, Quinkana sp., a terrestrial crocodile which grew from 5 to possibly 7 metres in length, or the 4 tonne monitor lizard Varanus priscus (formerly Megalania prisca) a giant, carnivorous goanna that might have grown to as long as 7 metres, and weighed up to 1,940 kilograms, or rainbow serpents (possibly Wonambi naracoortensis) that were part of the extinct megafauna of that continent.

In the book An Instinct for Dragons anthropologist David E. Jones suggests a hypothesis that humans just like monkeys have inherited instinctive reactions to snakes, large cats and birds of prey. Dragons have features that are combinations of these three. Our instinctive fear for these three would explain why dragons with similar features occur in stories from independent cultures on all continents. Other authors have suggested that especially under the influence of drugs or in dreams, this instinct may give raise to fantasies about dragons, snakes, spiders, etc., which would explain why these symbols are popular in drug culture. The traditional mainstream explanation to the folklore dragons does however not rely on human instinct, but on the assumption that fossil remains of dinosaurs gave rise to similar speculations all over the world.

WolfenMachine
            Participant

O.O Yikes! It amazes me how unprofessional some people can be. Its easy to take the low road and start name calling and getting angry. Its difficult to be polite to someone you’re ragingly mad at but *IT CAN BE DONE* and 99% of the time it has better results. Both parties get what they want or can come to a reasonable compromise. Its easy to lash out at someone you dont know too but that doesnt make it right. Im so sorry you’re going through this BDW.

Lokie
              Participant

I’m thinking he copied and pasted that info on dragons. It’s definitely not his writing style. What does “that really right angry, wot wot me off” even mean?

Anyways, I’m glad you are getting a partial refund. That seller is a piece of work.

BDW
                Participant

Lokie wrote:

I’m thinking he copied and pasted that info on dragons. It’s definitely not his writing style. What does “that really right angry, wot wot me off” even mean?

Anyways, I’m glad you are getting a partial refund. That seller is a piece of work.
                  I’ll send you a private message on what he really typed since it can’t be shown here since it’s not for young eyes.
                  It’s the Forum fairy that changed the words to “that really right angry, wot wot me off”. 😉

Skeeterdeee
                  Participant

LOL When I first read it I did a double take too. wot wot, huh? Then it clicked: Oh, that was the magical edit fairy, turning dirty words into Mad Libs! XD

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.