fbpx

bad ebay seller/was ebay feedback question

Home Forums Miscellany Community bad ebay seller/was ebay feedback question

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    BDW
    Participant

Can sellers now leave negative or neutral feedback on a buyer or does ebay still have the same rule about sellers can only leave positive? πŸ˜•

BDW
      Participant

Skeeterdeee
        Participant

3 weeks ago I had a person bid on every item I had listed and then wouldn’t pay, I went in to leave feedback and it only gave me “positive” or “leave feedback later”. So since I didn’t have anything nice to say, I didn’t say anything at all! 😑

Anonymous

Geeze, thats not right!! πŸ™„

LuvsDragons
            Participant

I have never sold on e-bay, only bought. I didn’t know that sellers could only leave positive feedback. And here I thought I was being good by paying on time and leaving positive feedback for everyone! πŸ˜€

Blackdesertwind wrote:

Can sellers now leave negative or neutral feedback on a buyer or does ebay still have the same rule about sellers can only leave positive? πŸ˜•

Anonymous

Unfortunately, a Seller cannot leave a negative feedback rating, nor can they make a negative remark in positive feedback left – or it will be removed by eBay (if the Buyer reports it, that is). This is a flaw in the system, in my opinion. I had heard they were bringing the negative rating back for a Buyer, but not sure if that’s true. ESPECIALLY if a Buyer never pays – a Seller needs to let others know. Plenty of bad seeds on both sides and a negative rating helps alert the ‘good guys’.

BDW
                Participant

skeeterdeee wrote:

3 weeks ago I had a person bid on every item I had listed and then wouldn’t pay, I went in to leave feedback and it only gave me “positive” or “leave feedback later”. So since I didn’t have anything nice to say, I didn’t say anything at all! 😑

That really sucks for honest sellers! πŸ™
                  But there are some dishonnest sellers out there too, and I had one hold it over my head if I didn’t give them good feedback. I know now that I could have reported him. 😑
                  I currently have an issue with one and he’s a real jerk! Before I leave him feedback I needed to know if he could in turn harm me for leaving negative or neutral. :shrug:
                  I paid did my part but he over charged on shipping and he misrepresented the item.
                  It is damaged and sticky stuff on it, and smells. He never tolod me that! He also didn’t double box like requested or insure it. I did send him the link on packing windstones.
                  But I still want to keep it and strip it.

Anonymous

Blackdesertwind, you are protected with Buyer Protection.

If the Seller quoted a shipping price in the listing, it doesn’t matter if it was overcharged, the price was quoted and part of the auction process and to be considered by all Bidders when determining their maximum bid. If the Seller mentioned they would refund any overcharge, and didn’t, then you can request it (minus their handling fees).

As for the icky stuff on the item, if it was dirty, damaged, and smelly, then you should let them know that you aren’t happy, and ask how they might rectify the situation. Don’t tell them you want to keep it, at this point – simply ask how they might rectify it. If they ask you to return it for a full refund, THEN you can approach them with the possibility of an amicable discount if you don’t want to hassel with a return and perhaps be out some shipping fees.

GOOD LUCK! In any case, if you open a dispute with eBay/PayPal they WILL side with you because the item was misrepresented, however you will be required to return the item for full refund. So in that case, if you really want to keep it, it’s better to work something out with the Seller (if possible).

Anonymous

Blackdesertwind wrote:

I currently have an issue with one and he’s a real jerk! Before I leave him feedback I needed to know if he could in turn harm me for leaving negative or neutral. :shrug: [/color]

Oh and about that, he can’t leave you a negative, but he can reply to any neutral or negative you leave him. And then you can reply to that. πŸ˜‰

Skeeterdeee
                      Participant

Blackdesertwind wrote:

skeeterdeee wrote:

That really sucks for honest sellers! πŸ™
                        But there are some dishonnest sellers out there too, and I had one hold it over my head if I didn’t give them good feedback. I know now that I could have reported him. 😑
                        I currently have an issue with one and he’s a real jerk! Before I leave him feedback I needed to know if he could in turn harm me for leaving negative or neutral. :shrug:
                        I paid did my part but he over charged on shipping and he misrepresented the item.
                        It is damaged and sticky stuff on it, and smells. He never tolod me that! He also didn’t double box like requested or insure it. I did send him the link on packing windstones.
                        But I still want to keep it and strip it.

I had something similar happen. I bought a picture frame that was said to be in NEW condition, but when it came it was scratched and covered in pet hair and a mysterious brown substance :puke: . I don’t mind a little pet hair, I have a dog and a cat, but this was really icky! I didn’t even take it out of the box, I put it straight into the garbage. I DID NOT leave the seller negative (or positive) feedback BECAUSE I paid $4 total for it, the seller had paid over $5 to ship it. So I just wrote it off because we BOTH lost money on the deal.
                        If you leave him negative feedback he can defend himself on his feedback, but he can’t retaliate and hurt your feedback! Go for it if you feel it’s necessary!

Kujacker
                        Participant

Poems wrote:

Unfortunately, a Seller cannot leave a negative feedback rating, nor can they make a negative remark in positive feedback left – or it will be removed by eBay (if the Buyer reports it, that is). This is a flaw in the system, in my opinion. I had heard they were bringing the negative rating back for a Buyer, but not sure if that’s true. ESPECIALLY if a Buyer never pays – a Seller needs to let others know. Plenty of bad seeds on both sides and a negative rating helps alert the ‘good guys’.

It’s a double edged sword, sadly. Many times buyers get negative feedback because of something the SELLER did or didn’t do. I had my own experience with that one. My item arrive broken, and when I emailed them several times (all my emails were very polite, and with photo evidence), I didn’t get any reply about it for weeks. I left a neutral feedback with them and then they left me negative feedback saying I was difficult, rude and I couldn’t be reasoned with 😑
                          So in a way, I’m glad they can only leave positive (since I have never once skipped out on paying for something I bid on!). On the down side, there are too many people that DO skip on paying, and the most you can do is file a non-bidder report… which seems to do nothing at all.

Anonymous

Kujacker wrote:

……snips……… My item arrive broken, and when I emailed them several times (all my emails were very polite, and with photo evidence), I didn’t get any reply about it for weeks. I left a neutral feedback with them and then they left me negative feedback saying I was difficult, rude and I couldn’t be reasoned with 😑
                            So in a way, I’m glad they can only leave positive (since I have never once skipped out on paying for something I bid on!). On the down side, there are too many people that DO skip on paying, and the most you can do is file a non-bidder report… which seems to do nothing at all.

Kujacker – If that would happen to a Buyer NOW, PayPal would DEFINATELY side with you. I had an item arrived broken, took the pictures (and it was an unusual item that was one of a kind – because there are miscreants out there that buy to replace a broken item and make ‘the switch’)….provided PayPal with the photobucket link to pictures when I opened up my PayPal Dispute case. My Seller wanted me to return the items, for full refund however, the return shipping was on me and would have cost $17.. I thought WHY return broken crap and be out $17. it was like punishment for their cruddy wrapping job. So I refused, opened the case with PayPal and they immediately refunded my money and closed the case. I tossed the broken statue out in the garden.

Right now, Buyer Protection is stronger than Seller Protection.

Jennifer
                            Keymaster

Poems wrote:

Much. I don’t sell on eBay anymore, and this is one of the reasons.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                              My art: featherdust.com

WolfenMachine
                              Participant

Jennifer wrote:

Poems wrote:

Much. I don’t sell on eBay anymore, and this is one of the reasons.

For real. Seconded. I dont sell on there unless it doesn’t sell on any forums (I sell MLP too so thus forumS) and I REALLY need the cash.

I can imagine its happened before where someone bought something, received it, decided they didnt like it, told the seller they wanted a refund and would return the item, but since they’re getting a refund, the buyer doesn’t package the item well and it arrives back to the seller damaged. The seller is out of luck, out of money and the value of their item has either been reduced or ruined. Ebay may be a big business, but most of the people selling on there are not.

BDW
                                Participant

Thanks everyone.
                                  Well I told the seller I wasn’t happy with the condition of the dragon and some.

She’s much worse then I thought. Told him had I knowed I would have offered less since she’s not worth what I paid for. All the defects should have been listed in the description.
                                  I had asked him to double box which he didn’t and the shipping cost was $30.00 not $43.50.
                                  He replied:
                                  that really pisses me off. you act like you are an expert. i gave you deal. you were happy with it. screw your postal discrepency. it cost money to put up with dumb asses like you who have remorse after you buy something. i have to run to the post and take time to box. you don’t even have a clue. try to sell and see how easy it is. what do you want? because ebay and you will hold me over a barrel and screw me til i bleed. so what will make you happy queen?

I responded:
                                  First off I don’t appreciate your attitude! And what is this about calling names? You are very rude! All I was asking is for the difference in shipping and as far as giving me a great deal…you are at the better end of the great deal by getting as much as you did for it, concidering all that is wrong with it. And for your info I’ve sold before so know how much work it is but it’s still no reason to be rude to buyers. You witheld all that was wrong with the piece from your eBay description except for two things. That was totally wrong and misrepresenting the item. I don’t have remorse about purchasing it but giving you that much money for a piece that will need a total makeover like resculpting, not just paint wise. Broken of toes are very different from a small chip on one toe! I’m willing to keep the piece but expect a fair partial refund since you witheld so many issues it has. It will cost me $17.95 plus shipping to get some Apoxie Sculpt to fix it. Refund of $30 should coverdamage

Of course I didn’t have any more room for thank you. And I forgot to erase the part where I say I’m willing to keep it. πŸ™„
                                  Some sellers! πŸ‘Ώ

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.