fbpx

baby stegos

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody baby stegos

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

Some questions about the baby stegos that have been on ebay:
      Are they new castings or old ones that were uncovered in the move? The ebay text does not identify them as old castings, so maybe they will come back into production and there will be dinosaurs for the store again (fingers crossed)?

Also, I have one of the old stegos but he just has little nubbins on his tail. The ebay ones have long sharp-looking spikes. Are the spikes added now rather than part of the casting?

Thanks for any enlightenment!

WolfenMachine
      Participant

I’d love to see more stegosaurases too! The first copper patina one was gorgeous! I’d love to see some of those in the store.

Pam

The ones on ebay are very old original castings. The tails are sculpted differently, so they are like prototypes. Melody, did we ever sell any of the two-spiked version before you changed them to the 4-nubbed version?

EDIT: This answers my question:
          http://multimedia.collectorsquest.com/image/1024×768/collectible-38505.jpg

etruscan
          Participant

Thanks for the information. I had no idea that there was an earlier design, but now I’m really glad that I’m getting one of the ebay ones. So much for my dreams of production or LP dinos in the store!

Melody
            Keymaster

These stegs that have been on Ebay are the very old, original castings that we found while sorting through boxes. I think there were only six of them. They are fossils.
              No the spikes are part of the casting. That’s the way they were made.
              These dinos were re-worked and re-issued in a different version after the first ones were retired. The later version has different details and was painted in interference colors, with light undersides.

Hannah
              Participant

Is there any possibility of any dinosaurs being produced again? I love the stegs but I can never afford the expensive ebay ones 🙁 (kicking myself for not paying attention to the recent one that went for $100!! ><)

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Melody
                Keymaster

Is there any possibility of any dinosaurs being produced again? I love the stegs but I can never afford the expensive ebay ones 🙁 (kicking myself for not paying attention to the recent one that went for $100!! ><)

no, I don’t have any plans to re-issue the dinos. You can find the more recent version on ebay once in awhile, but the old-old ones are pretty rare!

Syn
                  Participant

I can hear the groans already. I’d like a pink Tiger Steg, or at least another regular Tiger since I lost out on the last one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.