fbpx

Baby Sparrow

Home Forums Miscellany Community Baby Sparrow

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hartz is another brand I’d recommend you steer clear from for pretty much any product (but especially their flea control).

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Nambroth wrote:

Hartz is another brand I’d recommend you steer clear from for pretty much any product (but especially their flea control).

Pretty much anything that isn’t from a vet for flea control is just a waste of $$ and a health risk for your pets IMO.

I do my own vacs, except rabies, but I usually buy name brands I trust. And keep records of who got what should there be an issue.

Often, if an animal has a bad reaction to a vac, the vac company will cover the vet bills to a point. So those who do their own and run into a problem, keep that in mind, often a call to the company will net you an assist on the vet bill.

Biggest thing with flea control products is that fleas are pretty much immune from most ofthe products out there, with the exception of the vet approved stuff. Mainly because we have been using those same toxins for the last 30 years and most flea populations have already had all susceptible individuals destroyed long ago, and the resistant survivors continue in their place. So most over the counter stuff is more or less useless.

Kyrin

Purplecat
      Participant

A friend of mine’s cat was nearly killed by Hartz flea control…he went into seizures…The only stuff we’ll use is frontline on our cats but we use some stuff the vet gives us when we dealt with kittens….it’s been a while though so I can’t remember what it was….I know it wasn’t hartz though.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.