fbpx

Babies and Older Humanoid children

Home Forums Miscellany Community Babies and Older Humanoid children

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

Arya wrote:

My sisters seem convinced that children “ruin your life”. Apparently traveling, having expensive houses/cars and being able to party every night is far more important than having a child.

And who says you can’t do all that and have kids at the same time?

Emerald’s right, you make the finance happen. We bought our first house and found out a month later I was pregnant (my office room became the baby room – sheesh). We went to France for my cousin’s wedding that year; the baby was 7 months old! We went to Cuba twice, and to Mexico once with Chinook. We now know to look for resorts that have kid’s clubs if we want to tour and know she won’t like it. But we don’t not-travel.

Saying kids ruin your life is wrong. Instead, say you don’t want to make the time and organise yourself. Yes, children change your life, but it’s up to you to decide how!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Elena
      Participant

I’m 31, single and no kids. Growing up I always assumed I would have them but now I don’t think it will happen. Men just have no interest in me, aside from staring at my chest (I have a very large chest). I’ve never been on a date and tried everything everyone has suggested to find a significant other, but no go. I also work in theatre which is not a family freindly buisness with weird hours and being on a contract by contract basis though I know if i have a kid, I’d make it work somehow!

On the upside, my sister is expecting in Mid -April and I have alreay planned to be the ‘evil aunt’ and buy all the noisy toys and things they really want that their parents won’t buy them 😈 . My brother and his fiance are planning to have kids to. All my siblings live in the city here so al least I’ll be able to see/play/spoil the nieces and nephews! πŸ˜€

And I can’t wait to have a ‘legitimate’ reason to be in the toystores! πŸ˜›

Ha! Foxfeather….I am the Evil Aunt! They’re not really my nephews, but they are my best friends kids, we’ve know eachother for 15 years at least. I always go out of my way to find the noisy and annoying toys! At least I’m not the only one!

lamortefille
        Participant

I think the noisy/annoying toy giving is like a tradition. Before you have kids, you think the toys are cool and fun….then low and behold, you are the one with the kids playing with them. πŸ˜†

Lupin
          Participant

Having kids don’t mean you have to give up anything other than getting Drunk (or inebriated on anything else) and some chose to still do that. Ok and so maybe you can’t have all the parties you used to but if they’re at your place that late night dinner party can still happen it just means the kids have to go to bed when they’re supposed to. and for outside events you just need a babysitter or two, so you don’t abuse the ‘Sitter. I even now go to more movies than I used to, I take Khym to the Stars & Strollers or Reel Babies, where frankly I’m much happier any way. Apparently I’m getting too old for the normal volume levels of a movie theater πŸ˜• But then again it’s also harder to find a place to rent, some places don’t take Kids, just like some don’t take pets, and theirs even some places that don’t allow either type of “Child”.

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.