fbpx

At The Risk Of Sounding Like I Am Crazy….

Home Forums Miscellany Community At The Risk Of Sounding Like I Am Crazy….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Kiya
    Participant

I don’t have an opinion, really, on how likely it is that there is life on other planets.

However, with that being said, I have to wonder if there IS life on other planets that’s capable of interstellar travel, if we’re really the most interesting destination they can think of… 🙂

I’d rather go to the galactic equivalent of Hawaii or something…

Syn
      Participant

I’ve never seen anything myself, but I have never seen a dinosaur either. Yet we know they existed. We are here, so why can’t there be life somewhere else? We have barely started the search for other lifeforms.

On a funny note, I remember an old TV show in which aliens came to Earth and demanded the traditional “Take us to your leader.” The aliens observed us, saw who was catered to and who was doing the catering, and decided humans were the “workers” and not the “brains.” Unfortunately they never got to the leaders; the horses never answered them.

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

At the risk of sounding even more crazy, I’m actually very interested in that “ancient aliens theory” that the same beings that probably monitor us here and there are the same beings that taught Egyptians and Aztecs to build these amazing structures that were beyond our scope technology at the time and that they may have been the beings that were viewed as gods at that time. not trying to turn this into a religious thing cause that’s a can of worms I don’t want to touch with a 10 foot pole, but it’s just really interesting.

I think Amanda has a good point that other aline life can always send probes and things to just try and learn about us and explore like we do for other planets as well. Even if they don’t have interstellar travel, they could certainly at least do what we do I would think.

I dunno, I still think I saw something. someday when I die I’ll ask the powers that be what the heck it was ^_^ LOL! Until then, I don’t think I’ll ever know

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

siberakh1
          Participant

Cool! Too bad you couldn’t have recorded it! As long as none of them abduct you before Anime Boston. Not allowed. *swats at them with a broom* I’ve seen some crazy stuff, but not space ships (not sure if I’m glad of that or not). We see satellites, planes, and a fair amount of stars at my place in my village, even with the street lights (yeah, ‘in town’ really isn’t that big). Now if I was only a few miles out of town, I’d see CRAZY amounts of stars.

I think I’ve heard of reports from that area of the US before, so doesn’t surprise me actually. It’s always cool when someone else sees something like that too at the same time. Helps make you feel a little less crazy when you experience something not out of the ordinary.

The ‘ancient alien theory’ stuff is pretty neat stuff. Whether one believes it or not, it’s interesting at least!

Carolyn
            Participant

I believe in Atlantis too . Aliens are not hard to believe in when you think about the size of the universe .

WolfenMachine
              Participant

I saw your post on Facebook-MAN I wish someone had gotten that on video! I’d love to see it. I believe in aliens (and ghosts and angels and demons .. 😛 ) so, maybe it was aliens! I took a stellar astronomy class in college, and at the end of it, there’s no doubt in your mind that there is intelligent life out there. I mean, the universe is so unfathonably huge, the odds are against the non believers. I mean, even in our galaxy, we are 3/4ths of the way OUT of the center-every star you see in the sky COULD have planets orbiting it.

Okay so that pidly little dot is our solar system-and there’s milions more stars in our galaxy alone…and there’s billions upon billions of galaxies out there.

Either way, you definatly saw something awesome 🙂

Bodine
                Participant

I think we would be very small minded indeed to believe that we are the only life,muchless intelligent lifeforms,to have been created with so much space and so very many Suns w/Planets out there.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Wow, that photo sure puts things in perspective of how insignificant we really are 0.o

Yea, i wish I recorded it! I wanted to grab my flip camera but the battery was dead from when I did the PYO phoenix video x.x and my cell phone wasn’t strong enough to capture anything but pitch blackness

Shaun thinks the 2012 prophecy is going to be the “aliens” return to earth. Like that movie mission to mars when we find out we were originally aliens dropped on this planet which is why there are still monkeys running around.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin

Carolyn
                    Participant

Yeah I’m one of them who believes that aliens are going to make themselves known this year . Dec 21 I believe it is . Oh that will be fun to see happen . I don’t know what I’d say to one if I met one . As long as he or she likes old movies I’d love that .lol

8) I completely believe you DragOn and have no doubt that we are not alone. This is a vast universe that we live in made up of so many galaxies and “I Feel” (just my opinion) that we would be incredibly arrogant as the human race to believe that we are the only intelligent beings to inhabit the universe. Look at, alone on our own planet, how many things that we discover exist when it was believed impossible. If our planet can sustain life then why not others, or life form that do not need the same environment to survive that we do. Hopefully one day we will know the truth “for a fact” but until then I feel that the potential is infinite and “not being alone out here in the universe” gives me a sense of less insignificance.

Just my opinon and I know that not all share my views.

Christine
                      Participant

This thread = win

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

This thread = win

LOL! Yea, I agree! Thank you so much everyone! I don’t feel like I’m a weirdo (well, not AS MUCH of a GIGANTIC CRAZY weirdo, I know I’m a weirdo ^_^)

but still, thank you for all your supportive words <3 *group hug*

If for some reason I meet an alien this year, I just hope they deem me worthy of continuing my existance on this dustball ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin

This thread = win

LOL! Yea, I agree! Thank you so much everyone! I don’t feel like I’m a weirdo (well, not AS MUCH of a GIGANTIC CRAZY weirdo, I know I’m a weirdo ^_^)

but still, thank you for all your supportive words <3 *group hug*

If for some reason I meet an alien this year, I just hope they deem me worthy of continuing my existance on this dustball ^_^

I totally agree on the “hope they deem me worthy” !! I don’t think i’d want to be on the “dislike” end of an alien!!!! Could either be a great first visitation or a complete disaster LOL

Hannah
                          Participant

I certainly believe that we can’t possibly be the only intelligent life forms in the universe, so I put a lot of stock in what you’re saying Dragon!! That’s crazy that you saw that.. I’ve always tried to have an open mind about the things that we can’t see, although I am scared *bleep*less of most of them XD

As far as the 2012 thing though, I truly believe it’s one of those “Y2K” scares. Remember that?

The entire idea comes about because of the way we read the Aztec Calender. Basically (and I am by NO means an expert, I was just interested and found out a bunch of stuff one day XD) on December 20 (I think), 2012, the Aztec calender will reset to a new calender. Generally, what this means to the ancient Aztec was that it would be a time of great change.

As humans, we are prone to panic, and some people took that as apocalyptic in nature. In truth, it could mean anything from a cataclysmic, world changing event to disco making a widespread comeback!

To put the calender in perspective, I really like this quote that someone said, and I forget who it was.. but it went something like this..
                            “When you buy a calender at the store, do you flip through it, realize that there’s nothing after December 31, and start planning for the apocalypse at the end of that year just because you can’t see January 1st?”

As far as the decendents of the very Aztecs that wrote the calender in question all those years ago? They put no stock into the theory of an apocalypse whatsoever. I’m going to go ahead and side with them 😉

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                            Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

etruscan
                            Participant

At times I wonder about intelligent life on THIS planet, at least as represented by humans. Self-aware, yes. Intelligent, maybe not!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.