fbpx

ANYTHING BUT SPIDERS!!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community ANYTHING BUT SPIDERS!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

I said it before and I’ll say it again… ickickickickickickickickickickickick…… Movie quote: “Why is it alsways follow the spiders; why counldn’t it be follow the butterflies… ” said in a very mournful tone.

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Maria
      Participant

What movie is that from?

twindragonsmum wrote:

I said it before and I’ll say it again… ickickickickickickickickickickickick…… Movie quote: “Why is it alsways follow the spiders; why counldn’t it be follow the butterflies… ” said in a very mournful tone.

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

here now you can follow both at the same time

Maria
        Participant

Hahahaa! πŸ˜† Very good, Necron. Even the colors of both animals match. Lovely.

Rusti
          Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

What movie is that from?

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Ron doesn’t like spiders. πŸ˜‰

twindragonsmum
            Participant

‘right is ! please esxcuse my typing sknills angt the moment. I ; m on a hew med and acn’t tiype to save my life… I have ahting to learn all avober/// it’s gett better onde I qhit seeing doublee, sooon i hope πŸ™„ πŸ™„ πŸ™„ so yay, ha ha now i”n a loopsieee blernd – GAH

twidrangodamsmum 😯

tdm

Spiders never bothered me until I walked into a Banana Spider’s web while fishing with my dad when I was about 8. Now if I see ANY spider it’s dead. Here’s what it looked like:

‘Bout that size too. ICK!

Elena
              Participant

Blahhh!!!! *shivery squirmy feeling* Now I’m really glad I live in Canada! Our Spiders don’t get very big!

foxfeather wrote:

Blahhh!!!! *shivery squirmy feeling* Now I’m really glad I live in Canada! Our Spiders don’t get very big!

They are in Alabama so you should be safe.

NirvanaCat13
                Participant

More cool spiders

Jumping spider

Wolf Spider with egg sack, I think…

European or Mediterranean Widow

Brown Widow

Brown Widow Top view.

They really are pretty, just not when they drop on you in the middle of the night or bite you….

Maria
                  Participant

‘Xactly. Nice colors, nice patterns, just so long as they stay on screen or behind glass…

Oooog! *Gags a little* Cat…I could have gone all day without those lovely photos! πŸ˜›

twindragonsmum
                    Participant

😯 :spank: :spank: :spank: Me Too!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

NirvanaCat13
                      Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Oooog! *Gags a little* Cat…I could have gone all day without those lovely photos! πŸ˜›

You guys don’t HAVE to come visit….I blame yourselves for coming back for more! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Heather
                        Participant

oh FABULOUS! Now I know what those spiders in the barn are! Brown widows! eeeyarrrgh . . . I had a feeling they weren’t nice . . . .

Anybody ever seen a trap-door spider? They look a lot like the second photo Nirvana posted. They’re big–the size of a small tarantula–and built like little linebackers. They live in burrows in the ground and spin a silk lid for the burrow, then camouflage it with ground litter. You literally can not tell where the burrow is when the door is closed. They lurk near the entrance and wait for something yummy to wander by, then pop out like the Jack-in-the-box from hell and grab it. If anybody does a horror film with giant trap-door spiders, I will be the first person NOT in line to see it.

Anyway. One morning my mom found a trap-door spider sitting in her burrow with the trap-door resting on her back, for all the world looking like she was sitting on the porch enjoying the morning sun. Mom had her new zoom lens and wanted to get a good close-up shot. So here’s my mom, stretched out on a dirt road on her stomach, with her camera lens two inches from this spider’s face, fiddling with the f-stop. Ma’am Spider, for her part, is all hunched up nibbling her fangs, trying to decide whether to flee or leap onto the lens. Mom isn’t wild about spiders either, and with the zoom on this spider looked like it was the size of an elk. She laughed nervously and said that if the spider jumped for the lens, she was going to be up off the ground and running like mad, so would I please pick up the camera in that case so that Dad wouldn’t know she’d left it on the ground.

Spider didn’t jump. Mom got her photo. It’s horrifying. If I had a copy, I’d post it, but frankly it creeps me out too much to have one! πŸ˜›

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.