fbpx

Anyone have a bird feather I can have?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Anyone have a bird feather I can have?

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Eh, all I have are Pheasant feathers…Tail feathers at that. 😕 But it the sounds you got a feather already. 😀

i just looked up the whole law , it goes for all migratory birds ( unless a hunting permit is aquired) and raptors its called The Migratory Bird Treaty Act it was inacted in 1880,s and revised over the years .

here is the link if any one wants to see the law , its cut up by years issued and has links to other bird laws at the bottom

http://www.fws.gov/migratorybirds/intrnltr/treatlaw.html

Jennifer wrote:

Ahh… guys this is illegal. Unless you have permits, all migratory bird feathers, including those from raptors are illegal to own (and send!) in the USA.

Before you say ‘no one will know’– this is a public forum. I had a friend BUSTED once by fish and game department when she told someone on her private online journal that she had feathers from a bird she found roadkilled. She didn’t do anything to harm the bird.. it was already passed away. But because of the law…

I totally 100% understand why you’re asking and that no one means any harm, trust me! But I can’t leave stuff like this on the forum. Um, I hate to delete this, I’ll just do some editing okay? I’m sorry guys! >_<
    Just delete it Nam.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.