fbpx

Anyone have a bird feather I can have?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Anyone have a bird feather I can have?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Skitterfly
    Participant

Leigha wrote:

Skitterfly is that EVE? πŸ˜€

Pegasi πŸ˜€ I WANT ONE SO PRETTY!

Yup, she is indeed from EVE. *grins* I’m both a little surprised and quite delighted someone recognized the game. It just seems to illicit a bunch of “huh-wha?” responses by anyone outside of the gamer communities.

But yes, must have Raptor dragon. So pretty… so feathery… and speckled egg is beyond awesome! πŸ˜†

Pegasi1978
      Participant

The feathered raptor dragon is one I’m really hoping becomes a new dragon to adopt. I’d love to get one of those! Some of the other suggested sprites I could do without, but I WANT/NEED this one.

Leigha
        Participant

Skitterfly wrote:

Leigha wrote:

Skitterfly is that EVE? πŸ˜€

Pegasi πŸ˜€ I WANT ONE SO PRETTY!

Yup, she is indeed from EVE. *grins* I’m both a little surprised and quite delighted someone recognized the game. It just seems to illicit a bunch of “huh-wha?” responses by anyone outside of the gamer communities.

But yes, must have Raptor dragon. So pretty… so feathery… and speckled egg is beyond awesome! πŸ˜†

my bf played EVE til he wasn’t able to pay for his subscription anymore. I played the free week or so and it was okay, but I always felt useless when I tagged along on his missions and I only wanted to play so that we could play together.

Katherine
          Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

The feathered raptor dragon is one I’m really hoping becomes a new dragon to adopt. I’d love to get one of those! Some of the other suggested sprites I could do without, but I WANT/NEED this one.

I wish we knew when new dragons will be available!
            And I hate to break it to you Purpledoggy, but I’m afraid Necron will always find ways to post random pictures…even if his internet is taken away! hehe πŸ˜†

purpledoggy wrote:

Don’t encourage him!

But it’s fun to encourage funny pictures… now that I know not to take them out of context they make random threads more entertaining… πŸ˜€

Andrea
            Participant

Found this:

Q: Is it legal to pick up and keep raptor feathers?

A: It is generally illegal to keep any native bird feathers. This policy is designed to prevent people from harming or interfering with raptors for the sake of their feathers. It also keeps feathers from becoming sellable. Native Americans are permitted to possess raptor feathers for spiritual use. Scientists and educators may obtain permits to keep feathers for their profession.

I’m not sure where you’re located though!

lamortefille
              Participant

Necron99 wrote:

purpledoggy wrote:

Lol OMG that is awesome! I wish I could work at a raptor rescue πŸ™

Bwahahahahaha! He must be a riot to live with, purpledoggy. πŸ˜†

Id never, ever hurt or try to capture a bird just for a feather grab. I very much LOVE animals and dont want ANY stress on any of our wildlife. I do have Lakota Sioux way down in my history but cant prove it (nor do I look it). And yes, as I said first, this is for very spiritual use and not some sacrifice or something! Ive not had problems of anyone sending me bird feathers in the past. Oh and I live in central FL.

There are some nesting birds of prey here, but sadly, where they nest (usually high in transformers but are protected unless you go way into the wilderness which is hard to do for me in FL), youd be fighting traffic just to get to look at them.

But Ive always been “connected” to large birds (no carrion birds like vultures though please LOL, there are enough of those here that I could get feathers if I wanted those which I dont). Again, this is spiritual, metaphysical and has to do with my nature religion. I promise it’s all positive and on the up and up. No harm would ever come to the bird who molts a feather I may obtain. If anything, it would be held in high regard, kept safe from view and others and used for very positive things (mostly for meditation, cleansing and smudging with sage).

So, if you can trust me, Id love to have as many feathers as you can spare! But Im not greedy- just one large one will do me fine.

Thank you!!! <3 xoxo

Purplecat
                Participant

Necron99 wrote:

purpledoggy wrote:

Snort!….that one was really good! I like the aircraft one too… πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Sorry PT…but I had to laugh. I wish I had a feather to help out with…but sadly I dont. πŸ™

purplecat wrote:

Necron99 wrote:

purpledoggy wrote:

Snort!….that one was really good! I like the aircraft one too… πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Sorry PT…but I had to laugh. I wish I had a feather to help out with…but sadly I dont. πŸ™
                  What are you sorry for?! I laughed too! πŸ˜› πŸ˜†

Purplecat
                  Participant

lol….mostly thread hijacking 😈 πŸ˜† or contributing to it! It is fun sometimes! I really hope you find a feather….I’ll keep an eye out just in case I get lucky and find one. πŸ˜‰

Hey, Ive been guilty of thread jacking too, so I dont mind it here. It keeps bumping the thread title anyway! Plus, if it got too out of control, Id make a post asking my original question again. I like good natured humor such as this. Sure beats flame wars!!!

Purplecat
                    Participant

definately! πŸ˜‰

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

Ahh… guys this is illegal. Unless you have permits, all migratory bird feathers, including those from raptors are illegal to own (and send!) in the USA.

Before you say ‘no one will know’– this is a public forum. I had a friend BUSTED once by fish and game department when she told someone on her private online journal that she had feathers from a bird she found roadkilled. She didn’t do anything to harm the bird.. it was already passed away. But because of the law…

I totally 100% understand why you’re asking and that no one means any harm, trust me! But I can’t leave stuff like this on the forum. Um, I hate to delete this, I’ll just do some editing okay? I’m sorry guys! >_<

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

Laurie
                        Participant

Yes I’m braking the LaW LOLz!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.