fbpx

Anyone get the NEW eBay rules?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Anyone get the NEW eBay rules?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Joshmo4evr
    Participant

Many years ago, I got a negative feedback from a seller. It was because he was in the wrong and I left neg feedback on his account. I was contacted later by someone on ebay saying that he was a scam artist and has done that to many ebayers. It’s always been a blemish on my account and couldn’t be removed by ebay at the time. Nor can it be removed now because it’s been so long.

I am sorry for everyone whose true feedback numbers aren’t reflected correctly because of this. However, it makes my feedback look better because of this one unfortunate incident. I consider myself a great seller/buyer and have always regreted that negative feedback. And it’s no fault of my own… just me actually having the guts to “stand up” for myself.

Meh… Otherwise, I figure if enough people complain, maybe ebay will change their minds about the feedback thing

Joshmo4evr
      Participant

skigod377 wrote:

PhoenixTears wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Windstone-CAT-WIZARD-EMERALD-RETIRED_W0QQitemZ250250715103QQihZ015QQcategoryZ29800QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
        See? This is whats going to happen to you percentage feedback score when you arent active for 12 months. To me thats such a scam for ebay to keep you actively on the line… like they need the money! So basically, the less you use ebay, the more your FB is going to suffer.

Actually, thats pretty smart. Someone who is not active for 12 months, then suddenly comes back on could very well be a hacker. A year is a long time. People change in a year and could have gone from being a bad seller to a good one, or visa versa.

I could go either way on that one. The guy has 3 negatives from the same person… what might that say? And at least he has a 0% positive in the last months instead of a total percentage for his whole ebay career

Skigod377
        Participant

As most others have said, I too read the negatives. I have one, too, because of retaliation. I am sure everyone that buys from me can read her feedback and mine and see who was at fault. Like I said, a year is a loooong time for someone to go without either buying or selling on Ebay. 🙂

Anonymous

I went from 98% to 100%, and in a couple weeks I’ll go to 0%. Woop!

Sorry but I disagree with a year being a long period of time to go without ebay. You sell and buy a lot. Not everyone is like you for varying reasons. Ive gone without ebay for a year because I was in a hospital and even once I was out, I didnt jump back on the computer.

So, for those that frequent ebay all the time, it might be fine but for those of us just a nice and proper there, we get screwed.

Whatever.

Pegasi1978
            Participant

If you look through my feedback even though I’ve been on ebay for a long time I have several periods where I wouldn’t be on ebay. There’s even a gap of nearly a year between feedbacks followed by a two year gap then another year long gap. I used to go through spurts where I would get on ebay every few months.

Anonymous

PhoenixTears wrote:

So, for those that frequent ebay all the time, it might be fine but for those of us just a nice and proper there, we get screwed

Yep. I joined ebay in 1996 for crying out loud (with a different username that I can’t remember the password to…) .. it wasn’t even a year old and still “neat and new” then. Feedback! Wow that was cool.. you could leave it on anyone you wanted, it wasn’t even tied to a transaction!!!!!

Skigod377
                Participant

PhoenixTears wrote:

Sorry but I disagree with a year being a long period of time to go without ebay. You sell and buy a lot. Not everyone is like you for varying reasons. Ive gone without ebay for a year because I was in a hospital and even once I was out, I didnt jump back on the computer.

So, for those that frequent ebay all the time, it might be fine but for those of us just a nice and proper there, we get screwed.

Whatever.Well if you are not on Ebay that often then your feedback score doesnt matter that much now does it? You dont even have to worry about it but once a year, If that, so whatever to you, too.

Snapdragon wrote:

PhoenixTears wrote:

So, for those that frequent ebay all the time, it might be fine but for those of us just a nice and proper there, we get screwed

Yep. I joined ebay in 1996 for crying out loud (with a different username that I can’t remember the password to…) .. it wasn’t even a year old and still “neat and new” then. Feedback! Wow that was cool.. you could leave it on anyone you wanted, it wasn’t even tied to a transaction!!!!!

I remeber that. I had an account then too. I don’t remember what the account name was. I think I joined to win some sort of grooming equipment….. It went to high for me… (sometimes used equipment goes almost as high as new…)

lamortefille
                  Participant

So after a year goes by, if you buy or sell one thing and get a positive feedback, you’re right back up to 100% positive?

BDW
                    Participant

lamortefille wrote:

So after a year goes by, if you buy or sell one thing and get a positive feedback, you’re right back up to 100% positive?

yep! 😀

Anonymous

You can’t please all the people all the time. You can please some of the people some of the time. No matter what they do to the system, someone will find a way around it, abuse it, and someone won’t be happy with it.

Not much point in complaining about it. Just riles people up, and then it becomes a contest of who can complain the loudest.

Really.

8)

Yeah so I complained too, but I don’t really care. Last time I used ebay was in 2003

Starbreeze
                        Participant

Wise words (nods agreement)

lamortefille
                          Participant

Too right. I respect anyone’s decision not to use eBay, but I’m afraid I’m hopelessly addicted to it. 😆

Ski, I wasnt saying “whatever” TO you. I was saying it in general.

However, though it’s a public thread I started and it would be rude to preface it by saying, “I dont want to hear from so & so,” for what would SEEM like no reason, let me say now that with a comment you made to me publicly about how flippant I may be about death when I was seeking some comfort here, I should tell you Id prefer you never address me directly in any thread. I havent posted in any of yours and certainly have avoided talking to you directly. Do me the same courtesy and steer clear of me too for Id prefer this place to remain on the friendly side and your comments have hurt me enough that even if I could forgive you, Id not forget and it would only show in my responses.

This is all I have to say to you and preferred to do it here than a PM due to your snippiness here in this post taking what I said, in a different paragraph with one word, so personally. Youre so full of judgment. Ive often said, “whatever” at the end of topics that frustrate me. Dont think it revolves around you.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.