fbpx

Anyone get the NEW eBay rules?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Anyone get the NEW eBay rules?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Amanda
    Participant

purpledragonclaw wrote:

I join you in your confusion. I jumped 34 and at first thought it wasn’t me! 😯 πŸ˜† Windstone’s feedback REALLY jumped! Over 1,000!

Yeah! Not alone in my confusion! πŸ˜› WOW! 34 points? That’s a bunch! I was freaked out at first thinking someone had been buying on my account or something-lol

purpledragonclaw
      Participant

Ditto! πŸ˜†

Pegasi1978
        Participant

purpledragonclaw wrote:

Windstone’s feedback REALLY jumped! Over 1,000!

Really? Last time I looked earlier this evening it still said 600+. Guess I need to check it out now. 😯 I just looked and saw it at 1800+ Good for them!

I think this is a good thing. Too often I haven’t put a neutral or negative on a seller who deserved it because I didn’t want them to destroy my feedback score, and they usually will.

I agree that once a buyer pays, their end of the agreement is done and they deserve immediate feedback, they did their part.

I’ve always viewed sellers holding back feedback until they get good feedback first as a form of blackmail, so not cool and if they actually mention this practice in their auction, I often won’t bid at all.

I am thinking this new policy will also encourage buyers to communicate with the seller first, since if the negotiations don’t pan out, they can still leave negative feedback without having to worry about being trashed themselves simply because they had a problem and the seller wasn’t willing to work it out.

I do object to buyers using feedback as the way to contact the seller if there is an issue though. I still think a message should pop up when you are getting ready to leave feedback reminding people that feedback is for after the transaction is complete and all possible issues have already been resolved.

Anyway, I think this will work out fine…just sit back and watch for a bit…it’ll all even out.

Kyrin

Doesn’t pertain to me anyway. I don’t sell there. I just buy. 8)

Well Im PISSED OFF!!! This new ebay crap just totally SCREWED up my 100% positive feedback, dammit! Whats the deal? I have NEVER EVER received ANY negative feedback (only positive) and now my perfect 100% is reduced to 98.5% ?????????? WTF?! That is SO unfair. My number of feedbacks may have gone from 151 to 193, but Im more concerned with my score losing it’s 100% standing when there isnt a single blemish on the account! Im pissed at ebay now. Thats it. 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑

BDW
          Participant

I went from 260 something to 457! 😯

Purplecat
            Participant

mine jumped as well, cool….no other difference for me that I noticed. πŸ™‚

Adaneth
              Participant

Mine jumped too, and fortunately stayed at 100%.

Sorry to hear about that weird shift, PhoenixTears! πŸ™ That doesn’t make sense to me.

twindragonsmum
                Participant

Mine went up too and my feedback stayed at 100% positive…… That doesn’t make sense for yours to change…. Maybe a glitch? I hope you can get it resolved to your satisfaction

twindragonsmum

tdm

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

PhoenixTears wrote:

Well Im PISSED OFF!!! This new ebay crap just totally SCREWED up my 100% positive feedback, dammit! Whats the deal? I have NEVER EVER received ANY negative feedback (only positive) and now my perfect 100% is reduced to 98.5% ?????????? WTF?! That is SO unfair. My number of feedbacks may have gone from 151 to 193, but Im more concerned with my score losing it’s 100% standing when there isnt a single blemish on the account! Im pissed at ebay now. Thats it. 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑 😑

That’s very odd. What’s your ebay name maybe one of us can figure out what happened? One thought, have you (in the last 12 monthes) received a Neutral?

The Positive Feedback percentage is calculated based on the number of positive, negative and neutral ratings (including weekly Repeat Feedback) received in the last 12 months as follows:

Positives
                    (Positives + Neutrals + Negatives)

Mine is 100 now! I had a negative in may of last year and in april of last year. Yay!

I did not see anyone mention it.

A good resource for eBay negative feedback is Toolhaus.org.

They are updating their site to keep in tune with eBays ongoing changes.

It works for both Sellers and Buyers.

Phoenix Tears, it might also help you determine where your 100% went.

lamortefille
                    Participant

I have posted about toolhaus.org before….it just gets lost in the posts after a while. Good of you to bring it up again. It’s a great time saver. πŸ˜€

Well now I know why I kept getting a message from my firefox companion for ebay. πŸ˜† I know have a purple star yay purple πŸ˜€

Dk GreenGreenWhiteGrey

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.