fbpx

Any Heath Ledger Fans out there?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Any Heath Ledger Fans out there?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author

I am a Heath fan and I was really upset to hear this. But to make matters worse, I read a memo from the Fred Phelps website stating they will be picketing his funeral because of Heath’s role in Brokeback Mountain and I cannot express how angry that message made me, especially the language they used, the fact they said Heath was now “in hell” and that nothing else about him was relevant or consequential. WTF man, WTF. Some people are just sick and twisted 😡

RIP Heath!

I am very saddened to hear of his passing. I really thought he had it made when he starred in his first movie…10 Things I hate About You.
    He was young, and a very good actor. I haven’t seen Brokeback Mountain, but I will have to now. I have seen his other films, The Patriot, A Knight’s Tale, Cassanova…
    I will miss Heath VERY much, as I also saw him as an actor who could have risen to the top such as Johnny Depp and a few others have in their times.
    I do plan to see the movie Dark Knight this summer when it hits theatres. It will be the last chance I will have to see this young shining star, in a movie…His last. 😥

R.I.P. Heath Ledger 1979-2008
    You will be missed

😥

Stephanie
    Participant

sunhawk wrote:

I am a Heath fan and I was really upset to hear this. But to make matters worse, I read a memo from the Fred Phelps website stating they will be picketing his funeral because of Heath’s role in Brokeback Mountain and I cannot express how angry that message made me, especially the language they used, the fact they said Heath was now “in hell” and that nothing else about him was relevant or consequential. WTF man, WTF. Some people are just sick and twisted 😡

RIP Heath!

Geez, what happened for respect for the dead? 😡

That is so stupid!

DantheDragon
      Participant

Man, I was seriously bummed all day yesterday. I was so shocked by the news. I’ve adored Heath Ledger since I saw Roar on TV quite some time ago. He was my favourite actor 🙁 Usually the Hollywood deaths don’t bother me much, but I was really surprised at how much Heath’s passing upset me.

Bob

well Suzanne Pleashette just passed this week and now Heath. I wonder who the 3rd one will be??

Bob

sunhawk wrote:

RIP Heath!
            I can’t stand ignotant people like this. Plus that was an Oscar nominarted performance!!

Jodi
            Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

well Suzanne Pleashette just passed this week and now Heath. I wonder who the 3rd one will be??

I didn’t hear about her… that’s sad too.

I actually got a phone call about it from someone who worked with Heath, and she and I had become friends during a movie we both worked on. I had the very great pleasure of being able to work with him on a couple of his movies, and we actually became friends. We hung out on and off set, and he was SO grounded and down to earth. Not like some of the celebrities Ive worked with.

We had a running joke between us because he is the EXACT image of an old boyfriend I had, Jim (except for the accent). When I saw Heath in the movies for the first time, I remember staying for the credits because I had to make sure it wasnt Jim- thats how much they looked alike.

I immediately broke down on the phone and because Im fighting bronchitis right now, I found I couldnt breathe. But how do you just stop crying when it’s flooding? This is very difficult for me. Heath had his demons but wasnt the suicidal type. Many actors take sleeping pills (which in this case were over the counter, not prescription) because of their time zoned schedules. I know he was struggling with his role in Dark Knight, and actually had some night terrors about it. But, much like Johnny Depp, Heath was a method actor. Method actors pretty much stay in character until the shooting wraps. Imagine the dark places that must take some of them. Great performances but it messes with your mind.

I know he was so thrilled about Matilda, despite his recent separation from his girl. He’d never leave ‘Til on purpose. I think this was either an eccidental OD or, a mixture of substances in his system (maybe he had a drink but no illegal drugs, I dont predict) that just bottomed out. What I find strange is that they report pills were strewn around the room. That very fact is very strange to me.

Well, we shall see. As for those picketers that plan to disrupt his funeral, if they cross me, theyll know what hell is. Ignorant bastards.

Sorry, Im just emotional and sad.

RIP Heath

frozendragon
              Participant

I was disgusted by some comments left on that yahoo page…

people can be so stupid….

I spent about 20 min reporting stupid people for leaving uncalled for comments….

not sure if they’ll do anything about it….but people like that shouldn’t have access to the internet…or daylight

anyway…it all sounds so strange and is very sad….

Skigod377
                Participant

Serenity wrote:

There is sad news today….

http://omg.yahoo.com/heath-ledger-found-dead-in-nyc/news/5898

🙁Holy crap I had no idea 😮 I thought this was gonna be a thread for a new movie or something 😥 How terrible.

Katherine
                  Participant

sunhawk wrote:

RIP Heath!

What?! I think that is really wrong. I am still in shock that he died, and he did have such wonderful talent!

Katherine
                    Participant

PhoenixTears wrote:

I actually got a phone call about it from someone who worked with Heath, and she and I had become friends during a movie we both worked on. I had the very great pleasure of being able to work with him on a couple of his movies, and we actually became friends. We hung out on and off set, and he was SO grounded and down to earth. Not like some of the celebrities Ive worked with.

We had a running joke between us because he is the EXACT image of an old boyfriend I had, Jim (except for the accent). When I saw Heath in the movies for the first time, I remember staying for the credits because I had to make sure it wasnt Jim- thats how much they looked alike.

I immediately broke down on the phone and because Im fighting bronchitis right now, I found I couldnt breathe. But how do you just stop crying when it’s flooding? This is very difficult for me. Heath had his demons but wasnt the suicidal type. Many actors take sleeping pills (which in this case were over the counter, not prescription) because of their time zoned schedules. I know he was struggling with his role in Dark Knight, and actually had some night terrors about it. But, much like Johnny Depp, Heath was a method actor. Method actors pretty much stay in character until the shooting wraps. Imagine the dark places that must take some of them. Great performances but it messes with your mind.

I know he was so thrilled about Matilda, despite his recent separation from his girl. He’d never leave ‘Til on purpose. I think this was either an eccidental OD or, a mixture of substances in his system (maybe he had a drink but no illegal drugs, I dont predict) that just bottomed out. What I find strange is that they report pills were strewn around the room. That very fact is very strange to me.

Well, we shall see. As for those picketers that plan to disrupt his funeral, if they cross me, theyll know what hell is. Ignorant bastards.

Sorry, Im just emotional and sad.

RIP Heath

That is awesome that you were able to know him like that, although you are feeling more pain than us, and I am sorry. I wish he didn’t have to die so young.
                      Rest In Peace Heath

frozendragon wrote:

this morning?

they didn’t find him till this afternoon….psychic radio?

HAHA, I’m sorry, I’m meant to type “afternoon”…. 😆 😆 I replied to this after I woke up from a nap (rough day at work) so I was a little off. My apologies!!

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

I heard about it while I was closing down shop around like 4:30 or so…didn’t mean to confuse anyone! 😀

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

Bob

emerald212 wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

I didn’t hear about her… that’s sad too.
                        She died Monday I think it was and is getting her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on the 31st. At least she know she was getting it before she passed

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.