fbpx

Another question, then…

Home Forums Miscellany Community Another question, then…

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

That was last semester. I failed her for non-attendance, but then she went to my director, and he thought that I should let her finish the class because she was working hard. And she was working hard. She just couldn’t wake up in time to make it to class in the morning. She ended up getting a passing grade (sorry, I can’t tell you what). Her final paper was pretty good – I could tell she’d worked hard to improve her writing over the semester. And I’m pretty satisfied with how things worked out. However, there is still a part of me that thinks it is unfair to the students that were there and on time every day.

Are you in Hawaii now?

Pegasi1978
      Participant

Yeah I think that was a little unfair to those students that managed to get up on time and make it to class every day. πŸ˜•

If she couldn’t wake up on time then she should have known better than to choose to take a class for that hour of the morning. I know I waited on some classes until they were offered a little later in the day so I wouldn’t have to get up early.

Jodi
        Participant

I agree. But I sort of had to go along with the director.

Purplecat
          Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

Yeah I think that was a little unfair to those students that managed to get up on time and make it to class every day. πŸ˜•

If she couldn’t wake up on time then she should have known better than to choose to take a class for that hour of the morning. I know I waited on some classes until they were offered a little later in the day so I wouldn’t have to get up early.

I agree as well…but I was always a stickler for being 5 minutes early for everything…lol.

Old thread, but not really since it is still on the first page …. πŸ˜‰

I was curious Emerald, what prompted you to close your eBay store? Time consumption, recent various eBay changes, bad experiences, etc.

~Hoofer

purplecat wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

I agree as well…but I was always a stickler for being 5 minutes early for everything…lol.

I always showed up to my classes ridiculously early, so I could think about the class, chat with people, buy a coffee (damn I live off of coffee during those 8am classes) that and sometimes the bus was quick, sometimes it was ridiculously slow, and I didn’t know until I was already there, so really early is better then late I suppose. :shrug:

Jodi
            Participant

Hoofer wrote:

Old thread, but not really since it is still on the first page …. πŸ˜‰

I was curious Emerald, what prompted you to close your eBay store? Time consumption, recent various eBay changes, bad experiences, etc.

~Hoofer

Mostly because it’s so time consuming, and I had too many things sitting around the house waiting to go to new homes to too long. I couldn’t even get to my bookcases… it’s been YEARS! I also had a whole huge pile of things I hadn’t even listed yet, and didn’t have time (or desire) to list.

Another reason was that the sales were really going down, and things were selling way too cheap for me to maintain the store. I was paying more in fees than I made selling the things.

Those things considered, I just felt that it was time for me to move on and have more room and free time (yeah, right). πŸ˜†

I timed it for May 1st to go along with the new rules Ebay had imposed, starting on May 1st. I was trying to send them a message with my closing. I don’t like the new rules. I think they punish sellers. There are crappy buyers on Ebay, just as much as crappy sellers. I think the new rules don’t take that into consideration. And even though I don’t like the new rules, they are not why I closed the store, just why I closed it on May 1st. I had already decided to close the store when the new rules came out.

I hope this answers your question. πŸ˜€

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.