fbpx

another dragon…peacock???

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone another dragon…peacock???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    KoishiiKitty
    Participant

I was cruising DA looking at dragon arts when I saw tis one..those funky blue dragons…except this one is painted peacock coloring and has all the gold highlights! what do you guys think of it? too close or an ok mistake?
      i have not notified john or any one else about this yet:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59971580/

KoishiiKitty
      Participant

Participant

When will they stop! We see that one on Ebay a lot.

Hmm, I am not sure why that person is showing it to us. Did they repaint it?

Jennifer
          Keymaster

These are on eBay all the time, though in a slightly different coloration. Please do feel free to send it to John. The gold markings are a problem.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Maria
            Participant

SIlver’s right. It’s getting boring and annoying. That dragon is so ugly anyway.

KoishiiKitty
              Participant

noted John. siad it was one that they dealt with a while ago and should no longer be selling.

Maria
                Participant

Should. πŸ˜•

I guess you caould call this a violet flame πŸ˜€

http://www.thesorcererslibrary.com/TSL/andrewbill_specials/piecepages/marauder_no008.htm

He has gold highlights too πŸ˜†

Maria
                  Participant

You could, but the texture and sculpt of the scales is different so it does end being a different coloration. It’s obviously not copied from Windstone.

Aldana
                    Participant

Griffiness was mentioning it was like the colour scheme of violet flame more then that the sculpt was a copy I believe GB.

I Would love an Old Warrior one day.. any Old Warrior!

Oh no i wasn’t pointing it out like that GB, Aldana right. I think anyone can see its not the sculpt. It was done along time before VF came around and the collector who has it doesn’t follow windstones she does not even know about them. I just wondered if everyone thought ‘it looks like a colour of a windstone it must be a copy’ πŸ™ Rather then considereing that it may have been done before πŸ˜• Last time i checked everyone thought the piece was a copy i think some one even reported my rainbow piece πŸ™ But that was done years ago and i definately didnt know about Windstones and well if you knew my history with bright colours πŸ˜†

Akeyla
                      Participant

I dont think its the persons fault owning the dragon. I picked tons of stuff on garage sales not knowing where it came from. But I agree, I am sick and tired of seeing those creeps, I’ve seen lotsa kitsch and this is not even kitsch. The way the dragon stares is like a sunstroked-dumbedout-headsquashed chicken. Mind you i love chickens, had 3 as pets and let them live until their feathers were gray.

Other note, person pictures random object in house and gets a dragon feature? hellogoodmorningwhatdidImiss???

/end rant on bad day

Maria
                        Participant

Griffiness wrote:

Oh no i wasn’t pointing it out like that GB, Aldana right. I think anyone can see its not the sculpt. It was done along time before VF came around and the collector who has it doesn’t follow windstones she does not even know about them. I just wondered if everyone thought ‘it looks like a colour of a windstone it must be a copy’ πŸ™ Rather then considereing that it may have been done before πŸ˜• Last time i checked everyone thought the piece was a copy i think some one even reported my rainbow piece πŸ™ But that was done years ago and i definately didnt know about Windstones and well if you knew my history with bright colours πŸ˜†

I can see the sculpt isn’t a copy, obviously. I just meant that in order for the coloring to be a copy of Windstone’s violet flame, it would have to be placed differently on the body of the dragon. I guess I didn’t word it clearly.

Jennifer
                          Keymaster

You’re right, GB. πŸ™‚

And, actually Windstone can protect their colors even if it’s on a non-Windstone looking dragon.

But, it has to be something that is substantially similar (in coloration). For example…

Chessie wrote:

This dragon sculpture is completely original. However, the color is obviously Windstone’s Brown, complete with turquoise detailing. I think the final agreement between the company that made these and Windstone was that they could continue to produce the dragons, they just couldn’t make them with Windstone’s color designs.

So yes, the coloration is something Windstone has had to protect even though it was on a totally original sculpture.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                            My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.