fbpx

Am I the only weirdo who names my car?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Am I the only weirdo who names my car?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Yes I name my vehicles… is that weird?

My Avalance was Kurama, just got a lime green Kia Soul and decided to name it Leonardo (cause it looks like a turtle) before that my Ford Ranger was Koga, my 3000GT was Elenore, my Lumina was Betsy, and my Celebrity (my 1st car) was Charlyne.

… I don’t know why I think cars are girls and trucks are boys…

So do you guys name your cars too and if so what do you call them? ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

I must be weird too, because my car is female and is known as Mav around the neighborhood and at work. Although I call her a few other things when she acts up. She’s a 1972 Ford Maverick, so the name was a bit un-creative.

dragonmedley
      Participant

Greater Basilisk named her truck, and Rusti named her car too I think… I just call mine my teuf-teuf (even though my car’s not a putt-putt car at all).

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Skeeterdeee
        Participant

I DO!
          My first car was a Mustang I called Sally (original, I know!). I later got a silver Cavelier I named Gob-lynne. My hubby wrecked that car, so I got another silver Cavelier my kids named Grem-lynne in memorial to Gob-lynne. XD They still ask him, “Daddy, why did you smash Gob-lynne? We miss Gob-lynne.” 🙁 They liked that one because I had super hero decals on the back windows, LOL.

pipsxlch
          Participant

My late, truly great, and dearly missed ’86 D100 Custom/Tow Pkg Dodge Ram pickup was The Beast (named not by me but by its many grudging admirers). That truck was banged up to a fare thee well and ugly as sin, but it could and regularly did move mountains. I don’t know how many ‘eww it’s a Dodge’ scoffs I heard from various Ford and Chevy fan friends, only to later pull them out of some hole. (like I said, grudging admiration) I still have people come up to me ‘hey you’re the one with that ugly Ram that was pulling that mountain of hay/banana boxes/dog food…’ and one guy who still cracks up about the grooves in the pavement from the trailer hitch dragging and 6 layers piled over the cab- but it still pulled without a quiver and stopped good. Biggest load I can remember that I knew an actual weight was 4 ton in the bed and another 12 ton on a flatbed- no problem for The Beast though. It could pick them up and put them down too, given enough road- it wasn’t off the line, not geared right for that. I won a couple drags and once made it from Ft. Lauderdale by the Sawgrass Mall to Sanford northeast of Orlando in not quite 2 hours. Man, I loved that truck, it always felt like my best friend next to my dog- I learned to drive in it, drove it all up and down the Eastern Seaboard, worked in it, slept in it when I was homeless or on a road trip, it ran like a top and was always there for me. I still hate myself for letting a job borrow it from me and they blew the radiator, parked it because I didn’t have any money (daughter was a newborn then), when I met my husband years later he got it running but he ended throwing a rod on it and abandoning it at a junkyard without me. Makes me want to cry just thinking of it. RIP, dearest Beast. If I had a brain I’d still have you.

My ’73 XLCH Harley was the Bastard because, well, it was. Kickstart only and even Harley mechanics told me it was about the worst most persnickety they’d seen. Still have it (dead), not sure if I could even handle it anymore if I could get it fixed.

My current Miata is my Skateboard, because that’s how small it feels, yet it’s really fast and responsive. Got as cheap transportation that would be fun and kind of reminiscent of the bike, and it is. My husbands pickup we’ve never named ‘shrug’.

Brittany
            Participant

Nope, you’re not alone! And if you’re a weirdo so are we 🙂 My Hyundai Sonata is named Moonlight Shadow. I mostly had nicknames for my other cars though (my first car was my grandma’s station wagon and we called it the ‘mom mobile’ because it sure looked like a mom/grandmas car, but I loved it!).

fatalbeauty
              Participant

even though it’s a red little car, my current car is called Big Red….my blue-green truck that got wreaked before it was the Toxic Avenger….

4 things I'm looking for:
                1. Mother Meerkat
                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF, Brimstone would be awesome!
                3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Celestial Rainstorm
                Participant

Oh, good lord no! I’ve remembered the names of all the cars we’ve owned. We now have a Dodge Magnum named Maggie

Finding happiness again.

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

My ford focus is Fiona or Fi for short. I bought her around the time the first Shrek movie came out. She’s dark green like Princess Fiona’s dress and gave me some attitude in the beginning that reminded me of Fiona as well.

When I first met my current husband he had a Chevy Cavelere (sp?) named Saonji. After Saonji came a tough as nails truck named Ironsides (took several deer to the sides with little to no damage). His current is a white Hyundai named Tallgeese. Before I knew him he had a rare green mustang convertible names the Green Goblin.

My ex-husband had a Honda Passport named MidKnight.

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

Haha! I love all these stories!!!! Especially BEAST! ^_^ Gob-lynne and Grem-lynne! Awesome stories everyone!

You also reminded me of another story. My brothers and I never called our mom, “mom” due to a strained relationship. We called her “AKA” pronounced “ak-kah” meaning A.lso K.nown A.s Mom basically. She had this Cadillac that was a freakin BOAT!!! It was practically a limo, I don’t know why the thing was so crazy long, but we all jokingly called that car the “Aka-lack” LOL!

Like, when she would pull in we’d all be like “Akalack has been spotted!”

Got a busted Windstone?
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin

Kiya
                      Participant

Our red SUV is “Rocket” and our tiny blue car is “Big Jet”.

Our son was a toddler and obsessed with Little Einsteins when we got the cars… 🙂

siberakh1
                        Participant

All of the Pintos my older brothers and Dad had were given nicknames, more just so we could tell which one was being talked about, since there was more than one Pinto in the household. The ‘Silver Bullet’, the ‘Brown Turd’… not sure if the dark green one ever had a nickname and I think there was a baby blue one at some point. Cheap car with easy to swap out and find parts.

I have friends who name their cars. The car I drove my senior year in college (Plymouth Duster) was nicknamed my ‘Mighty Car’. It stopped on a dime, went when I wanted it to go, and got me from point A to point B. Very responsive handling. My brother’s ’67 Mercury Cougar hardtop was affectionately known as ‘Cheez Whiz/Cheese Whiz’ due to the custom paint color looking about the same color as the canned processed food product. With a black hard top… looked pretty good actually (gotta love how some of those colors look horrible on newer cars, but put it on a muscle car or sports car and they look fantastic!). I’ve only ever owned one vehicle and it does not have a name. If I ever get my muscle car, it will probably earn a nickname of some sort, but maybe not.

Bodine
                          Participant

My husband bought me my latest Camaro.He used the money I was saving.He knew I was working on a court case with every intention on giving this certain “female” a heckofa hard time in court so before I could complete my task,he snuck off,took the money and bought the car to keep me from doing just that.He said he did it to “make me happy.” So,I named my car “Revenge!” J)

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

My husband bought me my latest Camaro.He used the money I was saving.He knew I was working on a court case with every intention on giving this certain “female” a heckofa hard time in court so before I could complete my task,he snuck off,took the money and bought the car to keep me from doing just that.He said he did it to “make me happy.” So,I named my car “Revenge!” J)

Fitting!!! LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin

rock-reader
                              Participant

My first new car (1974) was a green Mazda truck named “Zonker” (from Doonesbury). Zonker died a horrible death when I rolled him sideways down a hill on a dirt road (with a grade >10 degrees) in Temecula, CA (high desert). The windows were up when we started to roll; during the roll(s) I noticed my dog was flying towards the shattering windshield and thought “That can’t be good”. I grabbed her and held her to my chest for the rest of the ride. When we finally settled (right side up, thank goodness), the windows all were gone, my truck was dead and my glasses (which I had been wearing) were in the bed of the truck….unbroken (The dog was traumatized but healthy)

My next truck, a brand new Silver Mazda truck, was named “Seth” ala the Pern novels and each vehicle I have gotten since has been Seth; his body has changed with age and his color has morphed from silver to light blue (Ford Ranger) to his current dark blue (Ford Explorer) but he’s still Seth… 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.