fbpx

Accident- UPDATE– MY CAR IS TOTALLED

Home Forums Miscellany Community Accident- UPDATE– MY CAR IS TOTALLED

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Patricia
    Participant

I’m glad you are ok! Thank goodness for that. Sorry about your car though.

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Sorry to here about your accident DM. I’m glad that you and the other driver are ok. I’m sorry for all your other losses as well. That’s sad.
      It’s been raining here all morning long and I’m not driving in cuz most people back here decide to fly down the road when it rains and go 10 miles an hour UNDER the speed limit when it’s not. Driving in rain at night is horrible. There’s a lot of silly people back here that decide to drive in the middle of the road to avoid going off the road only to cause head on collisions because they end up hydroplaning when they go to swerve to get back in there own lane when another car comes along.
      At least you are ok. 🙂

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

laphon1
      Participant

Glad you’re not hurt, DM. Good luck with the insurance. *keeping my fingers crossed*

darjeb
        Participant

Cars can be fixed or replaced I am just glad to hear you and the other driver are OK

Bob

both drivers are OK well at least I don’t have any more problems then I did before the accident

I just got news from the body shop that they are going to total my car
            I owe about $12,000 and they said the car is worth about $7,000 THANK GOODNESS FOR GAP INSURANCE!!At least I can got out of the loan.
            I don’t know if I can get another car with my credit right now. Now I need to keep all my OT for a down payment for a new car well at least new to me

Pegasi1978
            Participant

Oh no DM! I’m so sorry to hear about your car being declared a total loss. That sucks.

lamortefille
              Participant

That’s a shame, DM. I hope they settle quickly and you can find another car soon.

Jasmine
                Participant

Oh Dm, that really sucks. Just glad you’re okay.

Andrea
                  Participant

If the car was still drivable, you can buy it from the insurance company.
                    You’re lucky you knew to get the gap insurance!

Bob

Phoenix wrote:

If the car was still drivable, you can buy it from the insurance company.
                      You’re lucky you knew to get the gap insurance!

I had a total loss in 2002 and did not have it and had to pay I think it was like $600. I will NEVER finance a car without it. This insurance that I think cost me like $275 will save me like $5000
                      I’m not sure if I can get financing for another car with my credit right now. I may have to use all my winter OT for a down payment and not be able to pay off the bills I was hoping to

Rusti
                      Participant

Ouch, sorry about that DM!

If you are savvy about it and have a good mechanic to help you (that is, if you know nothing about cars) You can get an awesome little run around for cheap. I mean, like plain jane, power nothing type of car that will get you from point A to point B with no frills, but it’d be better than your motorcycle.

Bob

I’m now going to save as much OT as I can to find a car I like but I will keep it within a workable budget this time

bummer DM, I hope you find a car soon. Motorcycles in the rain must be a bummer.

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

What we did was we got a car from a small used car dealership, did not finance it. We put a down payment of $600 on it, then made two more payments of $500 to pay it in full. In less than 3 months, we owned it outright.

It’s not new, a 1990 Toyota 4Runner, but it has power everything, A/C, cruise, tilt, 4WD, fits all of us plus stuff. Is a pretty maroon color and is in pretty decent shape overall. Part of why we got it cheap was that they had had the valves redone, and the guy didn’t adjust them, (requires special dealer only shims), so the drive train sounded awful and no one would buy the truck. We came along and went, oh yay, we can fix that! Took it and ran. Put in about $400 in parts, it also needed a new radiator, and now I have a great running little truck.

If you aren’t mechanically inclined doing this might be harder, but if you ask around, many dealers won’t put you through credit checks if the car is cheap enough, under $2K will get you a decent car, and often the dealer will finance without doing credit. So you might want to look into that.

Never hurts to ask, worst they can say is no.

Kyrin

Bob

My mom got a Kia after her car got totalled. I will have to ask my aunt what they did for her. If I save al lmy OT I might be abel to get a nice enough down payment. I will also ask at Eneterprise how they sell their cars. Usually former rental cars are GREAT

Kyrin I’ll still try and get Mama paid off next week to get it done

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.