fbpx

About the new metallic eyes

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody About the new metallic eyes

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Heather
    Participant

Those eyes are gorgeous! 😀 I would love to see a similar effect done in gold-orange, or coppery-orange. The hint of blue in these is a very deft touch and adds considerable depth to the effect. And while I agree, they shouldn’t necessarily be on everything–the matte color eyes still have a lot going for them–I would dearly love to see some metallic eye options for PYOs.

Pam

There is no blue paint in those eyes at all.
        I think they look bluish because the griffin mama is painted warm grey and the eyes are a very cool grey. Set against the warm background it makes the eyes look slightly blue.

Yes, these eyes are archival, that is why we are so excited about them. Melody has been wanting metallic eyes forever but up until now we could only make things metallic with acrylic paint, which peels off.

Any test paint piece is a bit of a gamble, which is why all test paint auctions have a disclaimer at the bottom that the color could become production someday.

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

skigod377 wrote:

drag0nfeathers wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

LOL “Fold”. yeah, I have been frustrated a time or two.

Oh, I ran into the girl who bought your cinnamon pearl SK. She is over here in Speicher, too, and your name came up. It was weird talking about forum folks with another troopie in uniform. 😀

Meh? Not me my friend. I’ve never owned a Secret Keeper other then a Peacock one from the store. They must have been thinking of someone else.

Oh man…. and did you SEE what that griffin ended at? 🙄 Gah! I paid double for mine. 🙄
          *sigh*
          Huh. I could have sworn she said Drag0n. You know… maybe she meant Frozen. She’s new. Sorry! And sorry about the low price on the griffin.

Noway, if I had a Cinnamon Pearl or Cinnamon Gold Secret Keeper come hell or high water I would be clutching onto that thing like it was my first born child! ROFL!

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Syn
          Participant

It would be great to be able to choose your own eye color and whether they are metallic or regular. 😀 I see pieces on the eBay specials that I don’t like; but then the next one in the series has a different eye color, and I love it. The eye color completely changes the look of a piece, and everyone likes something different.

On the specials, the eyes can be set in place for the picture taking, the winning bidder could specify their choice, and the eyes could then be permanently glued in. Koishii did this for me when I couldn’t decide on the eye color for a PYO Keeper.

Yes, it would take more time and money to do this. I for one would be glad to wait and to pay extra for whatever I ordered from Windstone in order to get the eye color and type I want on a piece. It would be a variation of the way PYOs are already being sold: Pick your eye color. Right now I like some production colors but hate the eye color paired with them, so I just don’t get them.

Just think of all the variety we could have! 😀

Pam

I have thought about this too. I would LOVE it if people could choose their own eye colors for ebay pieces. Unfortunately, there might be trouble with people getting their piece and deciding they didn’t like the color they chose, or people wanting to see multiple pics of the piece with different eyes so they can pick. And once they did choose I would need new pictures of the item for the COA. Its just way too much hassle to be practical.

(although there is nothing stopping buyers from taking the eyes out themselves and trading with other people)

Leigha
              Participant

Pam Thompson wrote:

(although there is nothing stopping buyers from taking the eyes out themselves and trading with other people)

Except that I couldn’t pry the red and blue eyes out of the old warriors that I wanted to switch them in >.< whatever glue is used does not LET GO like it does for the smaller sculptures (like fledgies, those are easy to get out)

Syn
                Participant

Pam Thompson wrote:

I have thought about this too. I would LOVE it if people could choose their own eye colors for ebay pieces. Unfortunately, there might be trouble with people getting their piece and deciding they didn’t like the color they chose, or people wanting to see multiple pics of the piece with different eyes so they can pick. And once they did choose I would need new pictures of the item for the COA. Its just way too much hassle to be practical.

So what about giving two eye choices on some production pieces, as was done for the Sugar Plum Poad? You show the picture with both eye colors, and that at least gives some choice and makes for more sales.

And while some people might be able to remove eyes to change them, I would probably end up breaking off the head. 😳 Nope! Not going to try that.

Pam

Oh, I think having an eye color choice would be easier for LP things. Not for eBay though. Metallic turquoise eyes might become a new eye color for the CP dragons, in which case you might have a choice between that and red. But nothing is final at this point.

Bob

very realistic looking

pipsxlch
                      Participant

*squeaksqueaksqueak* Aqua, blue-green or turquoise eyes for PYOs please? They wouldn’t even have to be metallic, though that would be cool also. Please pretty please with sugar on top?

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.