fbpx

***A Note on Quest Prizes***

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests ***A Note on Quest Prizes***

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Setsunawolf
    Participant

This sounds like a reasonable solution. The winners could then decide whether to let others know they won or not. It would be like ebay, except we couldn’t figure out the scrambled names because there would be none. It wouldn’t be as fun not knowing who won, but it always seems it is the masses who suffer because one or two individuals can’t play by the rules.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
      Sun Dragon Koi #3

Kiya
      Participant

There are a couple of reasons that we’re likely to continue making the winner’s (forum) names public:

1.) I imagine if we DON’T announce the winners, there will be a never ending stream of emails asking “did I win?” 🙂

2.) This is a promotional tool for Windstone as well as a fun game for you guys. 🙂 Part of the promotional piece is being able to announce the winners.

3.) It helps to confirm we’re being honest – We could say we had selected winners and then just never notify anyone and keep the prizes. We wouldn’t DO that, but most promotional laws REQUIRE a winner’s list be posted and made available on request because of this.

Setsunawolf
        Participant

Another possible solution is people who harass the winners could be banned from the Quests and maybe the forum? Obviously, the harassment would be documented because it would happen in email or pm form.

I’m just throwing ideas out to maybe help you come up w/ a solution. 🙂 SOmeo of them will probably be bad. :p

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
          Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
          Sun Dragon Koi #3

Silver Fox 77
          Participant

That’s absurd to think someone would say that to you DragOnfeathers, I know I can be a little sad and envious when I don’t win a Raffle but I just get back on the horse and wait and hope to see if the next Raffle is more amazing then the last and try again! I can’t even imagine pestering someone like that. I agree It’s okay to say “please consider me if you decide to trade” or whatever… But that comment to you was SO uncalled for.

Collecting is a very long and timely process and to say to someone that they don’t DESERVE to win something because they have such a big collection already? even though they worked hard and long for that thing that makes them so happy?
            In away it just makes you happy that THAT person didn’t win because of their attitude towards other people.

I thank Melody and Company for all that they do for us crazy collectors, because if it weren’t for them there would be no WindstoneEditions at all.

(Sorry for the little rant) Like other people have said, it really just makes you sad to hear someone lost their cool over these beautiful creations. This is BY FAR the best most friendly online community I have ever seen!

Love all you guys so much!!!
            (HUGS!!!)<3

-Sarah

Skeeterdeee
            Participant

Another possible solution is people who harass the winners could be banned from the Quests…

Is that a possibility? I think that sounds like a pretty good idea. If someone is going to be a bad sport, maybe they should be disqualified from playing in future fun games. It may help people to think twice before they say anything hurtful to the other participants.

Kiya
              Participant

Another possible solution is people who harass the winners could be banned from the Quests…

Is that a possibility? I think that sounds like a pretty good idea. If someone is going to be a bad sport, maybe they should be disqualified from playing in future fun games. It may help people to think twice before they say anything hurtful to the other participants.

IF this continues to be a problem, we’ll all put our respective heads together and try to work out a solution that best protects the winners. I’m sincerely hoping it doesn’t come to that and this reminder is sufficient to end the issue.

Wampus Dragon
                Participant

It’s also a possibility that the person who WAS a bad sport didnt or doesnt participate in quests at all? So that wouldnt exactly work if that was the case.

Skeeterdeee
                  Participant

It’s also a possibility that the person who WAS a bad sport didnt or doesnt participate in quests at all? So that wouldnt exactly work if that was the case.

Good point.

Purplecat
                    Participant

It makes me immensely sad that this issue has come up in the first place.

They’re just THINGS….pretty things….people are more important than things, end of story.

🙁

I’d say if it comes down to it…this behavior is unacceptable under any sort of windstone ownership…whether it be raffle prize or ebay win.

Persons who harass another for any reason should have their account banned when solid evidence is presented of such behavior. Harassment is serious business, and a big capital NOT OK.

Just my opinion.

littleironhorse
                      Participant

…Persons who harass another for any reason should have their account banned when solid evidence is presented of such behavior. Harassment is serious business, and a big capital NOT OK…

Agreed.

Puffpastryofdoom
                        Participant

If someone is really harassing you about something you own, what if there was a way to just block them from sending you any more PM’s or e-mails? That way, the person with the highly sought-after Windstone can relax without any more stressful e-mails –whereas the harassing member will be stuck at a “dead end”; they won’t be able to contact that individual anymore.

That way everyone wins! The forum member won’t be harassed anymore, and Windstone won’t have to ban anyone from anything! (I can only imagine that banning someone from anything on here could possibly lead to an “out-of-spite” business loss from that individual. And we don’t want that! We want Windstone to live on foreverrrrr!!!)

:(( :(( :((

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

…Persons who harass another for any reason should have their account banned when solid evidence is presented of such behavior. Harassment is serious business, and a big capital NOT OK…

Agreed.

Well said…

twindragonsmum

tdm

fatalbeauty
                            Participant

If someone is really harassing you about something you own, what if there was a way to just block them from sending you any more PM’s or e-mails? That way, the person with the highly sought-after Windstone can relax without any more stressful e-mails –whereas the harassing member will be stuck at a “dead end”; they won’t be able to contact that individual anymore.

That way everyone wins! The forum member won’t be harassed anymore, and Windstone won’t have to ban anyone from anything! (I can only imagine that banning someone from anything on here could possibly lead to an “out-of-spite” business loss from that individual. And we don’t want that! We want Windstone to live on foreverrrrr!!!)

clay gave us that a few days ago, I haven’t played with it yet but supposedly it exists….

4 things I'm looking for:
                              1. Mother Meerkat
                              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF, Brimstone would be awesome!
                              3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                              4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

drag0nfeathers
                              Participant

Well, before people go all crazy and assume things. The person so far as I can tell has never participated in a quest that I know of. At least not that I have seen. I’m hoping kiya’s gentle reminder will keep this from happening in the future ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
                                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                Calypso Hatching Empress
                                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.